bringing a computer

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com

distro

Reaction score
xbocax yer an asshole dude. everyones that has an opinion on why they think you shouldnt bring a laptop or an iphone you talk down too. maybe inside you feel that its pretty pointless and self destructive. i dont care what you do at all. have fun with yer little iphones and whooptie doos. i hope it breaks.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
xbocax yer an asshole dude. everyones that has an opinion on why they think you shouldnt bring a laptop or an iphone you talk down too. maybe inside you feel that its pretty pointless and self destructive. i dont care what you do at all. have fun with yer little iphones and whooptie doos. i hope it breaks.

Let the shitstorm begin!

vandalette

Reaction score
This.
Laptop=endless information
Why would you waste your time walking around looking for the yard when you can just Google Maps it?
There is a HUGE difference between "Gaining your own knowledge" and just going about it in a smarter way

What time do you really have to waste?...you got an important computer meeting you need to go to? You have a schedule you need to follow like the rest of the yuppies? You don't have time to go to a library and use google maps? But you have all the time in the world to have pointless arguments on forums. I get your logic. Besides you can ask any home bum in any city anywhere and they always point you in the right direction to the yard or even a siding. They Never failed me once.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
But you have all the time in the world to have pointless arguments on forums.
Likewise..

My time is just not worthless enough to waste like that.I dont know about you, but I would rather be having fun, and doing something worthwhile,than fucking sitting around in a Library for 2hours just waiting to use computer for 15min to get the information I need. Plus, I would MUCH rather just figure it out myself that take some fucking homebum's advice.
I cannot tell you how many times using a computer has saved me a TON of time and energy. I have done it both ways, computerless/computer, and trust me, it helps out MUCH more than it hurts.
I cannot see how you can hate on it. The >2lbs or weight and space in my bag are way worth the endless information and entertainment it provides.
You can do it anyway you please. Ask all the homebums that you want about rail information. I will get all of the invaluable information I need in a fraction of the time.

CHRISTINHELL

Reaction score
You need to get a charge controller. I have a large solar panel and huge battery in my van,the controller slowly steps down the input of power as the batteries get fuller (necessary) then cuts off the charge when they are done. These can be found at most electronics stores, or if your lucky to find a solar store they will have them for the smallest batteries to the biggest ones.

vandalette

Reaction score
Likewise..

My time is just not worthless enough to waste like that.I dont know about you, but I would rather be having fun, and doing something worthwhile,than fucking sitting around in a Library for 2hours just waiting to use computer for 15min to get the information I need. Plus, I would MUCH rather just figure it out myself that take some fucking homebum's advice.
I cannot tell you how many times using a computer has saved me a TON of time and energy. I have done it both ways, computerless/computer, and trust me, it helps out MUCH more than it hurts.
I cannot see how you can hate on it. The >2lbs or weight and space in my bag are way worth the endless information and entertainment it provides.
You can do it anyway you please. Ask all the homebums that you want about rail information. I will get all of the invaluable information I need in a fraction of the time.

Ok dude you can have the last word your apparently so much smarter then me. And have all the convince of a computer at your side. If you needed convince so bad why don't you stay home and get a job. And of course your gonna have something to say about this too, am i right?

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
And of course your gonna have something to say about this too, am i right?
DUH!

your apparently so much smarter then me.
I never suggested that. You clearly have not traveled with a laptop before, and you are trying to argue against it to someone who has, and would partially swear by it.
It just seems stupid to get in to an argument about why you SHOULDNT make life simpler.
Why would you ever NOT want a simple convenience? It would be absurd not to?

This topic sucks
[/Mr.D]

xbocax

Reaction score

lol talk down to? its fine if someone says this is why i dont bring one or this is why i do but to say thats just dumb for bums or "real traveler chicks" to have laptops is pretty dumb haha. So if someone going to say that what i want to do is dumb sure I may come off a little offensive don't think i was talking down to them but again its all perception maybe your just a lil sensitive??? In a thread of opinions speak for yourself or don't speak at all don't make claims about how an entire community should act, anywho I love you still toodles.

vandalette

Reaction score
DUH!

This topic sucks
[/Mr.D]

Omg the first thing we agree on. I honestly could care less about what you have to say anymore. All i was doing was stating my opinion on this dumb subject and i get ridiculed for rather going without a labtop. I could also care less about anyone who travels with one either, its their choice if they wanna risk it getting broken or stolen. Which is eventually gonna happen.

Later dude, drunk time.

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
What time do you really have to waste?...you got an important computer meeting you need to go to? You have a schedule you need to follow like the rest of the yuppies? You don't have time to go to a library and use google maps? But you have all the time in the world to have pointless arguments on forums. I get your logic. Besides you can ask any home bum in any city anywhere and they always point you in the right direction to the yard or even a siding. They Never failed me once.

Oh God, oh my fucking God, I overlooked those last two sentences and just now read them. Dear GOD, you have to be a troll. Homebums are fucking worthless. AHHHHHHHHHHHH

cricketonthemove

Reaction score
Obviously you're all using a computer, whether at your house, or a library, so we all agree that they're a usefull tool, one way or another. So I say if you've got the cash to spend on it, why not? I mean really, if you use one at home but bash bringing one travelling because you might lose some 'punk points', who's the real fucking 'yuppie'? You're really no different, just leaving a few of the comforts of home AT home so you can 'rough it' and be a 'bum'? What a fucking joke. Not everyone on this site is a dirty scumfuck who would rather spend the hundred dollars or so that they begged for on booze or drugs rather than something that can actually make your life easier. Untill I see a solid argument against bringing some sort of computer device, be it laptop, phone, video game thingy along keep your "it's stupid", 'you'll break it' comments to your self. i've travelled with both a tiny laptop and a smart phone, thrown both off trains, into vehicles, sat on them, never broke. I don't see much negatives to them really. Common sense, which is apparent some people don't have, says don't flash the shit around and you're not gonna get jacked for it. If you are pulling it out in a ride you hitched or a shadier part of town you deserve to get robbed. Same way you're not gonna flash cash/whatever around. Positives, like Mr.D said is a time saver. you don't have to look for that library, and really, how many of you actually take a book out from the library wihle your travelling??? I can find wifi anywhere I am. smartphones are even better. most have a built in GPS/google maps (blah, blah, blah, big brother this and that, who gives a fuck, it's not going to change in our lifetime, be optimistic all you want) so you can tell where you are all without carrying multiple maps for the country, provinces, states etc. my phone weighs less and takes up less space than a map for each of the canadian provinces, and for the internet it only costs me $50 a month...which is basically one day of work. oh my god, work, oh no! Hell, you can buy the fucking thing if you work for a week. one week, there's 52 of them in a year. =?
Now there are some people who would just rather not have any part of phones or computers, but those people sure as hell ar'nt gonna hop on a computer to complain about them! If you are, well, keep your hypocritical comments to yourself and have a nice night.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads