Bernie Sanders | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Bernie Sanders

roughdraft

Reaction score
I don't know how much you should let an anecdote reinforce any particular view.

i dig, in a general way - but if an anecdote is a mere continuation of the pattern of hollowheaded corrupt political hoo-ha ? what else do we have to go on? ignoring the anecdote could be considered as denial, which is a very destructive force

• Useful
Reactions: Juan Derlust

blank

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Anything that is not "oh I agree" could be considered denial tho, it's about that happy balance, which in this case I would call just looking at his voting record.

• Useful
D

Deleted member 24029

Anything that is not "oh I agree" could be considered denial tho, it's about that happy balance, which in this case I would call just looking at his voting record.
...Just wanted to break in here and say that, ironically, it was looking at his voting record that landed me on the "no fly" list, in the first place...!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
That first whole part is a bunch of fucking gibberish based on uncertain relativities.
Fuck you for cutting my sentance short and misconstruing its meaning that's some typical MSNBC shit.
As for "lobbyist" don't you work for a tax funded bueracracy? I'm a squatter/construction worker you do the math pal.
I'm pretty sure I just want to live my fucking life and work without some publicly funded stoog fucking me around.
Its really that simple.

Aw, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, bud.

Look, let's just agree to disagree. I just cant get behind alot of the things you are saying. I will never understand the majority of the conservative arguement.

@Bey I'm having a very hard time believing that Sanders started an investigation into you based on a threat to national security with no just cause, based entirely on a peaceful protest. Is there more to this story?

No offense, but then again, my brother was arrested and questioned by the FBI for threatening Obama's life in a conversation in a bar.

Last edited:
  • Epic

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Also, @roughdraft you have to realize that incident was in 2009. Its 2019.

As far as 'he is all talk', after producing bills to end Citizens United, create The ACA, ending our funding to Israel and Saudi Arabia....and supporting the Violence against Women act, Obama era environmental protection, Wall Street/Corporate/bank oversight, voting against almost every military conflict in his lifetime...

I'm not sure you should jump to conclusions based upon a single anecdote....which is what @blank was saying

D

Deleted member 24029

Aw, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, bud.

@Bey I'm having a very hard time believing that Sanders started an investigation into you based on a threat to national security with no just cause, based entirely on a peaceful protest. Is there more to this story?

No offense, but then again, my brother was arrested and questioned by the FBI for threatening Obama's life in a conversation in a bar.
I think, honestly, the explanation may lie in the fact that Bernie, being the former mayor of Burlington and still working in the town, had/has people around him that know me from this area. I do have a reputation for being...what can we call it?...an extremist? The kind of person that one is either really happy (or really NOT) to see show up at an event. Relatedly, my daughter, in Manhattan, was once left by a boyfriend (a Navy Ensign stationed in NYC) after he said that his Commander briefed him on who I am (they were living together and that alone constituted an OPSEC problem?). So, I'll admit to being the crazy anarchist fucker, if that helps this discussion...

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Naw, it doesnt matter if you are a crazy anarchist tucker or not, that's pretty bad if he did spearhead an investigation against you. Definitely helps in the understanding of why it happened, though.

• Agree
D

Deleted member 20

In regards to part of the above post by @Juan Derlust
and to be fair to @creature who got deleted actually posted like 2/3 of that thread. It brings up a common belief held everywhere.

Its been suggested that one doesnt talk about politics, religion or sex/money at a bar, at work and that also crosses over perfectly into AA meetings, the dinner table and just about everywhere. Online forums could also be forbidden depending on what the forum is about. But if we cannot have civil discourse about that which could be considered taboo here at STP; then where else can we find a safe space? I feel comfortable with my political stance & believe that I will stand on the just side of history with my limited voting history & opinions. Its nice to be reminded of my past post about Bernie in 2015/2016 and to know that I still believe/agree in what I posted then while still feeling very troubled about the state of the world today.

I feel safe discussing Bernie on STP and it always amazes me when people disclose snippets of their belief systems & politics IRL. I recall seeing mostly normal acquaintances as peers until learning about their inner desires when learning that they support/supported/are supporting Trump. Its really hard to rekindle a friendship once you know someone supports such evil ideologies. Almost 4 years post Trump winning; I still held hope that those I mentioned could have been duped, misinformed, desperate or confused prior to Trump being elected. Still with a naive glimmer of hope for one time peers/friends/family/acquaintances that after several years of Trump; how could they still stand behind their vote. Sadly many have doubled down on that style of politics and want more of it. Perhaps we should publicly disclose what we believe in more often to protect those around us from being tricked that they/we are all decent, just, ethical & or moral. Perhaps if we do or don't fuel hate and or harbor desire for an unjust, immoral and evil world or its opposite we should carry such clear labels on our heads. Those "maga" hats were a great idea so that I can now effectively see my enemy counterparts more clearly & effectively.

Last edited:

Coywolf

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
In regards to part of the above post by @Juan Derlust
and to be fair to @creature who got deleted actually posted like 2/3 of that thread. It brings up a common belief held everywhere.

Its been suggested that one doesnt talk about politics, religion or sex/money at a bar, at work and that also crosses over perfectly into AA meetings, the dinner table and just about everywhere. Online forums could also be forbidden depending on what the forum is about. But if we cannot have civil discourse about that which could be considered taboo here at STP; then where else can we find a safe space? I feel comfortable with my political stance & believe that I will stand on the just side of history with my limited voting history & opinions. Its nice to be reminded of my past post about Bernie in 2015/2016 and to know that I still believe/agree in what I posted then while still feeling very troubled about the state of the world today.

I feel safe discussing Bernie on STP and it always amazes me when people disclose snippets of their belief systems & politics IRL. I recall seeing mostly normal acquaintances as peers until learning first about their inner desires when learning that they support/supported/supporting Trump. Its really hard to rekindle a friendship once you know someone supports such evil ideologies. Almost 4 years post Trump winning; I still held hope that those I mentioned could have been duped, misinformed, desperate or confused prior to Trump being elected. Still with a naive glimmer of hope for one time peers/friends/family/acquaintances that after several years of Trump could now in no way could they still stand behind their vote. Sadly many have doubled down on that style of politics and want more of it. Perhaps we should publicly disclose what we believe in more often to protect those around us from being tricked that they/we are all decent, just, ethical, moral. Perhaps if we do or don't fuel hate and or harbor desire for an unjust, immoral and evil world or its opposite we should carry such clear labels on our heads. Those "maga" hats were a great idea so that I can now effectively see my enemy counterparts more clearly & effectively.

HARD AGREE.

roughdraft

Reaction score

it *is* sorta about a happy balance isn't it?

between our own biases, hopes or "wishful thinking", and the objective reality we try to grasp onto, which is in some cases more difficult to define than others,

• Dislike
Reactions: Maxnomad

Desperado Deluxe

Reaction score
Look I'm not here to preach my politics to anyone. I'm just saying I don't agree. And just because I don't agree with you doesn't make you my enemy.
As a disclaimer I'd like to say that my viewpoints are entirely reactionary to my experience. And before I would have probably agreed with you but now I don't.

D

Deleted member 20

Look I'm not here to preach my politics to anyone. I'm just saying I don't agree. And just because I don't agree with you doesn't make you my enemy.
As a disclaimer I'd like to say that my viewpoints are entirely reactionary to my experience. And before I would have probably agreed with you but now I don't.

I think you could be right about us not being outright enemies as we do not know or interact with each other enough to be completely sure. Just as, if someone may agree with the majority of my political beliefs that won't automatically make us friends, allies or comrades. Personalities or disagreeing on singular issues can also make us forget all of the other issues where we are in solidarity together. Many of us tend to lurk in the grey areas publicly while keeping our most radical beliefs private. One great part about STP is that it can be a haven for radical thought & action of a certain far left flavor. Much of what many believe here is way left of left & I like it. One can probably deduce from my posts is that my radical beliefs can & do differ greatly then those whom I may have so easily described as my enemy.
Maybe none of us are enemies and we are all but opposing co-conspirators in the same broken system? (likely)

Some may have voted Trump and still affirm that they are still "good" people. Just as Obama is hailed as a saint by many in spite of his drone war, mass deportations, foreign policy & renewing the Patriot Act. I think Donald Trump is evil and while our thread is about Bernie Sanders it is very hard to have any discussion while not examining the current alternatives. The world is not simply black or white, right or wrong & or good or bad. Our society is always learning/evolving & or forgetting/regressing from our shared checkered history. With Bernie I strongly doubt that the 80yo version of me will ever need to say "I didn't know, I was just following orders" or regret my voting for him twice. But only time will tell. Maybe, just as they who elected Obama got some good with his included bad; we will all be similarly just as culpable yet not responsible after this next presidency.

Last edited:

David1

Banned
Reaction score
I want to see a debate with someone representing capitalism on one side and socilism on the other, Bernie vs Trump would be a start because as far as the US goes we want to best of both and not the responsibilities.

• Agree
Reactions: Coywolf
D

Deleted member 26656

What is his voting record anyways? Can you please provide us with some examples?

David1

Banned
Reaction score
Bernie was a start to push back corporate Democrats and bring back the populist left which has been MIA since George Mcgovern in 1969 and before that 1930 something. Trump was push back the religious right neocons in favor of the populist right which has not MIA since Barry Goldwater in about 1969 something and before that 1930 something. What should happen is that more follow in there footsteps so we do not return to middle of the road men whose mouths move but say and do nothing.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads