After the fall of Capitalism?

Rancho

Reaction score
yes a central government is essential and there are 2 kinds of central government a federation and a confederation with the main difference being that a federation has way to much power over everything and a confederation only has power over interstate projects like you stated and the military since the purpose of the military is to defend all the states.
it's unfortunate that the military that was design with honor to only defend the states from outside threats, has shamelessly lost all honor as they protect the special interest groups. we need to bring back honor to the military and stop fighting for foreign interest and start fighting for our interest. feel free to bitch about my violence but I think the military needs to pull out of middle east and invade Mexico since the biggest terrorist threat to the US right now is the drug cartels. with that said our military needs to come down on them like they did to the Columbian. but this just makes room for a new drug cartel like how the Mexician took over after the columbian were gone.
fixing the economy is easier then everyone thinks, simply end prohibition. the war on drugs is just bleeding money and there is no possible way to to end drugs. the economy is based on supply and demand and will get a HUGE stimulus if drugs could be legally bought. once this is done the drugs will get alot safer pretty quick when the pharmaceutical businesses start researching these drugs. as a confederate I think the states can decide if they want to end prohibition in their states or not and can put regulations in it so that all drugs sold in that state are manufactured in that state as well providing much needed jobs.
another requirement for fixing the economy is to end the federal reserve or at least take it back from the private organization that run it and make it a government agency with an elected official, the states should be allowed to print their own money as well. putting an end to the banking system is another much needed solution that I'm hoping will come from the Occupy movement.
I also propose several presidents since the ones that are good with the economy suck with military strategy and vice versa. I think a president for the economy will be the leader of the new federal reserve and the treasury. we need a president to control the military and his only responsibility should be the military and we should elect a military man or woman for this job for their the only ones that can respectfully run a military, my vote would be for General Petraeus for he can bring honor back to the military. and some other for roads and the environment and such.
yes a central government is essential and there are 2 kinds of central government a federation and a confederation with the main difference being that a federation has way to much power over everything and a confederation only has power over interstate projects like you stated and the military since the purpose of the military is to defend all the states.
it's unfortunate that the military that was design with honor to only defend the states from outside threats, has shamelessly lost all honor as they protect the special interest groups. we need to bring back honor to the military and stop fighting for foreign interest and start fighting for our interest. feel free to bitch about my violence but I think the military needs to pull out of middle east and invade Mexico since the biggest terrorist threat to the US right now is the drug cartels. with that said our military needs to come down on them like they did to the Columbian. but this just makes room for a new drug cartel like how the Mexician took over after the columbian were gone.
fixing the economy is easier then everyone thinks, simply end prohibition. the war on drugs is just bleeding money and there is no possible way to to end drugs. the economy is based on supply and demand and will get a HUGE stimulus if drugs could be legally bought. once this is done the drugs will get alot safer pretty quick when the pharmaceutical businesses start researching these drugs. as a confederate I think the states can decide if they want to end prohibition in their states or not and can put regulations in it so that all drugs sold in that state are manufactured in that state as well providing much needed jobs.
another requirement for fixing the economy is to end the federal reserve or at least take it back from the private organization that run it and make it a government agency with an elected official, the states should be allowed to print their own money as well. putting an end to the banking system is another much needed solution that I'm hoping will come from the Occupy movement.
I also propose several presidents since the ones that are good with the economy suck with military strategy and vice versa. I think a president for the economy will be the leader of the new federal reserve and the treasury. we need a president to control the military and his only responsibility should be the military and we should elect a military man or woman for this job for their the only ones that can respectfully run a military, my vote would be for General Petraeus for he can bring honor back to the military. and some other for roads and the environment and such.
See and I revert back to FDRs new deal where there were many government instituted programs available to civilians. I like a strong government that actually favors the people but that's just me. We do have heads it's not just the president you know like the secretary of state and the secretary of defense the president isn't the sole authority in these institutions.
I tend to shy away from the prohibition arguement because I believe it's more of a youth rebellion movement. Don't get me wrong the drug war in Mexico is probably one of the biggest crisises of our new millennium but I have my reservations about just allowing massive amounts of drugs being available on the market ( think of England's opium war).
I don't think this country's problem is a lack of monetary resources but rather how we choose to utilize them

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6TYegabREQ this is the 99% pwahahahahahahahahahahah FUCKING LOSERS!

Lets get this straight..Im not part of this 99% and either is 99% of the world..all this fucking Occupy shit is done by 0.0000000000000001% of the population....that what you kids dont get..you aint the fucking majority get over yourself.

WOW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjO8gOfUP1w&feature=related

was fun while it lasted..I cant wait until the next protest hits and changes the world Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWAqDlQ1CEI&feature=related

ipoPua

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6TYegabREQ this is the 99% pwahahahahahahahahahahah FUCKING LOSERS!

Lets get this straight..Im not part of this 99% and either is 99% of the world..all this fucking Occupy shit is done by 0.0000000000000001% of the population....that what you kids dont get..you aint the fucking majority get over yourself.

actually sugar, what -you- don't get(because its a fucking retarded slogan thats had entirely too much focus) is that what that means is that we -are- 99% -ofthiscountry- and if we're gonna call this shit a democracy we should be listening to everyone, not just this tiny sector of people. unfortunately hardly anyone fucking gets that because, like i said, it's a retarded slogan. they latched onto it cos its catchy but the real meanings been completely lost in a storm of misinformation. penis.

Reactions: Alaska

fateoficarus

Reaction score
I think that although capitalism has faced several crises, this crises is it's last crises. Capitalism constantly needs to expand in order to keep the element of competitiveness of labour, but capitalism has expanded to almost every part of the world. There's no developed nation left to turn into an industrialized capitalist nation. Neo-liberalism and globalization have seen to that. We're also facing the reality of many of our primary sources of energy simply depleting. So when it crashes, it's gonna crash hard, and how hard that crash is will be a function of how much we do before we run out of fossil fuel, restructure our economic dealings, etc. The way government's are currently moving is to erode civil liberties and become more and more fascist, and are clearly resisting any movement towards real change. So what happens when neo-liberalism completely blows up? Hell I don't know. No one knows. What I hope is that we adopt a system of exchange based on stability and support, one that puts the long term interests of humans at its core. Whether or not that's a barter economy or one where we still trade goods for money isn't too important to me. They're both economies in their own right, so it's how the economy functions that matters, not what you trade with. I think politics and self determination should and will return to a more local level, which is good. I want a society which has as much liberty as possible, and without the threat of the tyranny of the majority. As much as I might believe my own politics, when all the arguments are said and done you'll still believe what you believe and I'll still believe what I believe. Which is cool, as long as neither of us determines how the other person can or cannot live. We can argue about it until we're blue in the face, which is a good thing. Constantly critiquing yourself and others is how we grow intellectually.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Look kids, lets get this straight..I'm not against anything your saying in regards to opinions on how things should be. As far as I'm concerned all opinions are equal..what I'm disagreeing with is how this movement thinks its going to bring about change. The general public does not care enough to ever do anything about anything, and no amount of protesting will fix that. If you wait for the general public to get it your wasting your time. The "Elites" who run Capitalism are the same people who ran Communism, Feudalism and everything before. The people who make shit happen design systems to benifit them...not based on whats right for humanity.
The whole concept behind capitalism which they saw with the FAILURE of Communism was that people are willing to work harder if they think their doing it for themselves as apposed to a community. Of course some take advantage of people stupidity and push the limits. Either way this system will adapt and change, it wont fail, there will be no crash.. unfortunately...and as usual the greedy people who are willing to kill, lie, and steel will be the ones deciding how things go, not the people who sing kumbai in the park square.

P

Pheonix

Look kids, lets get this straight..I'm not against anything your saying in regards to opinions on how things should be. As far as I'm concerned all opinions are equal..what I'm disagreeing with is how this movement thinks its going to bring about change. The general public does not care enough to ever do anything about anything, and no amount of protesting will fix that. If you wait for the general public to get it your wasting your time. The "Elites" who run Capitalism are the same people who ran Communism, Feudalism and everything before. The people who make shit happen design systems to benifit them...not based on whats right for humanity.
The whole concept behind capitalism which they saw with the FAILURE of Communism was that people are willing to work harder if they think their doing it for themselves as apposed to a community. Of course some take advantage of people stupidity and push the limits. Either way this system will adapt and change, it wont fail, there will be no crash.. unfortunately...and as usual the greedy people who are willing to kill, lie, and steel will be the ones deciding how things go, not the people who sing kumbai in the park square.

couldn't agree more the change will be made by the same elite that have influenced all change though out history. the only true way to influence the coming change is to join the ranks of their elite. but that is not an endorsement to vote republican.

fateoficarus

Reaction score
I agree that popular movements like the occupy movement aren't really in and of themselves going to do much of anything. It doesn't help that they're only reformist in nature, calling for greater regulation of financial institutions and lobbying policies. That's not going to stop the problems which capitalism necessitates. Furthermore, asking those in power to kindly relinquish it doesn't normally work. Asking corporations to stop making extortionate choices in the name of profit is fucking misguided about what the function of a corporation is. Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but a claim like "Either way this system will adapt and change, it wont fail, there will be no crash" is putting way to much faith in the system to continually keep the ball rolling when we live in a time where there's genuine scarcity of resources. Maybe I buy too much into the Derick Jensen Endgame rhetoric of we're in the last stage where we can do a damn about destroying the planet, but when scientists like Stephen Hawking think that the colonization of space is necessary for the survival of the human species within the next 1OO years, I don't hold out much hope. I don't think we're all going to die in some apocalypse scenario, but I don't think the world will be able to sustain the amount of people that currently inhabit it

P

Pheonix

I'm pro space colony, I wonder if it will be like Futurama. I honestly think the government will secretly create a revolt just so they can come in like gang-busters, their already making preparations to lock this country down. I think the revolution will be played like a game of Risk at the local mason temple, we're all expendable even their own soldiers.

TheUndeadPhoenix

The Necromancer King
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
I'm pro space colony, I wonder if it will be like Futurama. I honestly think the government will secretly create a revolt just so they can come in like gang-busters, their already making preparations to lock this country down. I think the revolution will be played like a game of Risk at the local mason temple, we're all expendable even their own soldiers.
ANARCHISTS

IN

SPACE!

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I think that although capitalism has faced several crises, this crises is it's last crises. Capitalism constantly needs to expand in order to keep the element of competitiveness of labour, but capitalism has expanded to almost every part of the world. There's no developed nation left to turn into an industrialized capitalist nation. Neo-liberalism and globalization have seen to that. We're also facing the reality of many of our primary sources of energy simply depleting. So when it crashes, it's gonna crash hard, and how hard that crash is will be a function of how much we do before we run out of fossil fuel, restructure our economic dealings, etc. The way government's are currently moving is to erode civil liberties and become more and more fascist, and are clearly resisting any movement towards real change. So what happens when neo-liberalism completely blows up? Hell I don't know. No one knows. What I hope is that we adopt a system of exchange based on stability and support, one that puts the long term interests of humans at its core. Whether or not that's a barter economy or one where we still trade goods for money isn't too important to me. They're both economies in their own right, so it's how the economy functions that matters, not what you trade with. I think politics and self determination should and will return to a more local level, which is good. I want a society which has as much liberty as possible, and without the threat of the tyranny of the majority. As much as I might believe my own politics, when all the arguments are said and done you'll still believe what you believe and I'll still believe what I believe. Which is cool, as long as neither of us determines how the other person can or cannot live. We can argue about it until we're blue in the face, which is a good thing. Constantly critiquing yourself and others is how we grow intellectually.

If you have time check out this National Geographic show on Easter Island..I think it relates to what your sayin

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/video/player/

Fuck it wont link straight to vid., the show is called: Easter Island Underworld

Click the link I posted, then on the left selection bar click "Nat Geo TV", then "Full Episodes", then "Explorer", then on the fourth page you will find "Easter Island Underworld" Second from the right in bottom row 44:02 run time

perfect example of how we over use our resources, not so much due to "Capitalism" but human nature.

trash diver

Reaction score
Every culture has a beginning and an end. Over consumption of natural resources and an ever expanding population lead to civil unrest and warfare. Maybe we are just living in the decline of our civilization. 1000 years from now,our ancestors may have forgotten everything about us. And the cycle will begin again.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads