After the fall of Capitalism?

starfish prim

Reaction score
Every culture has a beginning and an end. Over consumption of natural resources and an ever expanding population lead to civil unrest and warfare. Maybe we are just living in the decline of our civilization. 1000 years from now,our ancestors may have forgotten everything about us. And the cycle will begin again.

a teacher of mine once said, if you equalized the lifetime of the earth wth the span of your horizontally extended arms,
human history within it would be equivalent to what one single movement with a nail file takes off from the middle finger nail. we might just be dinosaurs, thinking we re ruling da world.

Reactions: trash diver

trash diver

Reaction score
a teacher of mine once said, if you'd equalize the lifetime of the earth wth the span of your horizontally extended arms,
human history within it was equivalent to what one single movement with a finger nail takes off from the middle finger nail. we might just be dinsosaurs, thinking we re ruling da world.
I agree, Homo Sapiens are amazing creatures, but tragically short sighted.

Rancho

Reaction score
I really hope that society does go through a period of anarchy I think it'd be interesting to see what comes out the other end. Especially in the industrialized world.

Reactions: TheUndeadPhoenix

starfish prim

Reaction score
(...) I personally think people should do what they like to do, something they would do for free today. That's why I am going to college to be a chef. I love to cook and I would do it for free, so long as I don't have to provide the materials or I already have them in my possession.

you would depend on other people working for free too, to make your living.

i agree in questioning the capitalistic concept of work in which working is defined only by producing added value and and increasing the national product. that concept needs to be drastically expanded.

.. You should always have something to protect yourself, because you never know when somebody has a mental break.

i would prefer that somebody to not wear a weapon then. and i am lucky for nobody having made me feel threatened back in the days when I had worn one. and i suggest, anarchy in its origins also means that theres no need for weapons.

urbanflow

Reaction score
the only system that can every actually work is one of mutual appreciation for your fellow man. humans are hardwired to feel each others pain and joy. a natural reaction to seeing someone get seriously hurt is a very common "OHHHHHH" where the face scrunches up and you almost look a way but, later decide not to so the full outcome is witnessed.

our brain is literally wired (for lack of a better term) to be more inclined to share, love and cooperate than hate and fight each other. if you havent seen the documentary "I AM" by tom shadyac, you should check it out because that shit really makes you think.

now as far as the thread goes, after this system fails we will more than likely be SOL when it comes to resources. if we end it before we use up all the resources and pollute our air and water to the point its unlivable, who fucking cares what happens afterwards? we're talking apocolypse here man, not "whats next?".

if we stop it before we destroy the planet and the relationship we share with it that allows us to exist, who knows? perhaps we have some asshole take charge and go back to a new, though eerily similar, way of life. or we can have a great awakening among people and realize our true values and wants and needs as paramount instead of trivial things like money and power.

honestly though, if theres one thing buddhism taught me its that you never know and you never can know so whats the point in trying to know? roll with the punches and let things unfold as they will.

i sort of agree with wize, i love the system that allows us nomadic bums to live off the excess through squats, dumpster diving, busking/spanging. granted many of us dont give back a damn thing in a societal sense, we give back something much larger to those who know our story.

we are the few that live freely and by our own accord. no one else, not laws, politicians, authority figures, money, corporations or anyone else tell us how to live. we decide our own fate and play by our own rules regardless of what the world tells us. if some NWO shit happens im STILL going to be all about living on the road. it will be a much more "duck and dodge" kind of lifestyle than it is already but, id rather live on my own than watch helplessly as my fellow man's rights get trampled on. they can take my things, they can take my health, they can take my body but, they cannot take my freedom. only i can allow another to take my freedom. death is simply a release, unless you volunteer it and put it up for grabs it is yours and yours alone, regardless of what happens to your physical form.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads