A long hard road

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
man, all i can say is just stop whining about how hard life is, live every day as if it were ur last. It's really not so horrible honestly. im done with this thread

Rash L

Reaction score
i guess your right

Do you guys ever wonder what will happen when you stop traveling? One day your gonna have to find a job you can be homeless for the rest of your lives can you? So as i asked before...whats the point? Sure you meet people and you get to have crazy adventures but your not any more ahead in life than when you started out, no money in the bank. You eventually have to start over dont you? I want to learn everything I can about this way of life so i have questions.

A) Houselessness has no time limit.

B) The point (at least for me) is that you get ONE life and you never get to know how long its going to last... so the best possible thing is to have as much fun as fucking possible, make as many lasting memories as possible, and strive to do whatever you can to fill your life with good -- whether that is being a productive member of society and working (at a job or for yourself), creating things, having adventures, or just learning (etc etc).

C) Having "crazy adventures", traveling, and creating your own stories gets you MUCH more ahead in life than sitting around and doing drugs (or nothing at all) will do.

D) Everyone in life has to start somewhere... and most people have to start "over" more than once in their lives. Its all up to whats more important to you, living or making money to live later. Who knows when "later" will be or if it will ever come?

E) "Starting Over" can happen at any point in your life, for any reason... and it isnt so hard as long as you can find some good people to help. Whining wont encourage help, trust me.

GOOD LUCK!
and I hope you find what you are looking for.

Reactions: jonom

IAteTheKittens

Reaction score
thank you

I hate starting over more than anything, I am fairly young so i guess theres a first time for everything. Ive already had to start over once. Thank you so much for your advice. There are things i want to do more than anything that my mom calls stupid and crazy. I didnt mean to complain guys, it just took me a couple days to really get into the board and calm myself down. Im starting to really understand why everyone here lives this "alternative" lifestyle. Hopefuly one day i will too. Thanx.

-Matthew-

lostinspace

Reaction score
I Am an outsider

I am an outsider, I never feel comfortable or loved. Ive always been this way too ever since childhood. It's like Im an outcast, but it doesnt make me want a group or just someone else really special any less. I know I complain ALOT it just feels like theres some big secret im not getting. Ive never really accepted being completley alone. That doesnt mean I cant learn though? Does it?

Why do you think that we're all here? We're all outsiders and a lot of us are proud to be.(All of us would say that we are, but there are inevitably some bullshitters) We are all scared regardless of what anybody says and none of us know what is going to happen in life. What would be the point otherwise? Just live your life and make the best of it. Life is a bitch but don't just get high and forget about it. Not that i don't get high, i'm drinking rum right now and about to smoke a bowl. By myself, without a soul in the world to really talk to and open up to, but that's life, there's no point to it, just live it and make the best of it. Don't get me wrong i've been extremely depressed and even, seriously, considered the option of suicide recently, but what's the point of that? What would it accomplish? End the pain? What would be the fun in that? "Tears and Laughter", that's all there is in life, so make the most of the laughter and learn from the tears, otherwise it really is pointless. Good luck, we're all in this together.

lostinspace

Reaction score
thank you

And don't be afraid of starting over. Or be afraid, we all are, regardless of what we say. But do it anyways, you won't change any other way. And if you don't nothing else will either. "Be the change you wish to see in the world." Once again, good luck, it ain't ever easy.

IAteTheKittens

Reaction score
headingsouth these arnt supposed situations,this is my life were discussing here. Maybe i started it for attention but now i really appreciate the advice everyone is giving me. Ive warmed up to everyone on this board. I'm not just a kid im 22. Honestly though my 20's feel like im going through being a teenager all over again it sucks. If you have no pity for the weak minded you have no pity at all,because even you my friend are guilty of it from time to time, we all are. So lighten up, this board and the people on it have changed my life.

headingsouth

Reaction score
the people on this board changed your life? you've been on this site for less then a month and already your life has miraculously changed? and no i wont lighten up. you can sit there bitching and complaining how terrible your life is. you put yourself out there. so i can say what i think.

IAteTheKittens

Reaction score
actually yea

wow you must be really down on life, i prefer to stay more positive. Yeah ive been here a few days and Ive discovered this amazing way of life that i never thought was possible before. So it has changed my life, it only takes a minute ,a second or even an hr to have a life altering experience. Ive already met tons of great people. I admit and will continue to admit that I do tend to complain,but really who doesnt right? Were all human and all in this together as a very wise person once told me. You should lighten up though, no reason to go through life hating on a complete stranger just because their doing something you dont like.

I am sorry about how i introduced myself to the forum but things are better now.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
the people on this board changed your life? you've been on this site for less then a month and already your life has miraculously changed? and no i wont lighten up. you can sit there bitching and complaining how terrible your life is. you put yourself out there. so i can say what i think.

hey man, Ive had some life changing experiences in one day don't knock those!

headingsouth

Reaction score
hey man, Ive had some life changing experiences in one day don't knock those!

im not knocking them. i agree they happen alot. i was just saying that this guy is full of shit. hes just saying all this shit to make himself feel accepted.

wow you must be really down on life, i prefer to stay more positive.

im a very positive person. im very happy with my life (unlike you). the only reason im coming across like this is i feel like every word you typed in this forum is a bunch of bullshit. im not saying its all bullshit, but alot of it sounds like you heard it from someone or somewhere, read it in a book, or thought it up in your head.

You should lighten up though, no reason to go through life hating on a complete stranger just because their doing something you dont like.

what are you doing that i dont like? i dont give a fuck what your doing. your you im me. if i was you i would kill myself. sorry if im coming across like a fucked up individual but, im a jersey boy i say what i want to i want whenever i want.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
yeah man... you ned to grow a set of balls or atleast try to lighten up, for most of us or atleast speaking for myself your sob story is a walk in the park. I don't think your gonna find the answers your looking for on this site either, sounds more like you need a therapist. if you really feel you'd be better off in the woods alone then read up on wilderness survival {many forums on here about it} and start practcing the stuff and get back to nature. I travel alone more than half the time and honestly I enjoy beingb y myself and once in a while I come across soem people who are worthy of me traveling with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads