Worst State to Hitch Through? | Page 7 | Squat the Planet

Worst State to Hitch Through?

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Ohio!! Was stuck at a rest stop I protests to no mean being dropped off in, was stuck there for 2 days till an awesome guy in a Red Cross truck picked us up and let us ride

paterdot

Reaction score
every were
i really hate hitch hikeing but you have to do it
texas sucks to hitch NM,GA,AL,LA,FL,KT,OHIO,CO
i try to ride trains much as possible i look like shit and smell
people tend to get scared of me they see my tats and dont want me in there car
one time i held a sighn up that said hail satan 666 and it worked
I would pick you up any day

• Haha
Reactions: BadKidNick

THEOEHT

Reaction score
Southern idaho was pretty bad. we got a ride from yellowstone to some small town in south idaho. it was a sunday and very mormon so there were no stores open to fill up water or get food, even though we had some cash. after using our brains a bit, we realized that the mormon church was the only place to get h2O. the minister was friendly and gave us a bunch of water bottles. we walked down the road a bit and tried to hitch for about 12 hours. no one stopped for us until the evening when the mormon minister pulled up and gave us some home made bread and elk meat. he said that no one in the town drives any distance and since it wasnt on a major highway we might not have much luck. we called it a night and slept in a park, got chased by sprinklers a few times. in the morning we met an old guy heading to idaho falls in the opposite direction we were heading. we took the ride anyway and tried our luck there. we tried to hitch out of idaho falls for a while, no luck. we ran into some jugallos who have been stuck trying to hitch out for 4 days. we caved in eventually and took the salt lake express to nampa and hitched to oregon pretty easilly from there

Reaction score
Florida and Kansas: Florida won't let you walk on its interstates, and Kansas won't let you walk on the interstate, state why, or county road period. it took me over a week of walking on us 1 from Jacksonville to Daytona Beach, not a single ride. I was stranded in Salina, KS for over two weeks until a school bus full of rainbows gave me a ride out of a KOA campground to Boulder, those "amoral hippies" showed me more kindness than any of those good country folk.

Reactions: Odin

TheWindAndRain

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
All who say all those states.. probably hav never hitched in new Jersey!!

True but part of that is due to the fact that public transportation goes everywhere, so it looks extremely out of the ordinary to hitchhike there. My ignorant ass hitchhiked through New York City twice before I figured out how to ride public transportation. They don't have that where I'm from.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Stephens

beersalt

Reaction score
Website
m.soundcloud.com
Arkansas, and VA. Nobody from those states will pick you the fuck up. All my rides were from people out of state, or just moved there*

stormrider66

Reaction score
Website
backroads66.com
Texas...especially along I-10. I was stuck at the Flying J on the east side of San Antonio for 4 days, and the only place I could get a ride to going remotely west was Eagle Pass. Needless to say if you don't speak spanish in that border town, you're pretty much fucked....took me 5 days to get a ride outta there...wound up going to Brookshire...a little bit west of Houston....3 days there, and someone hooked me up with a bus ticket to El Paso....tho I was told they'd pay for a ticket anywhere I wanted to go....I should've gone for Santa Cruz, but now I'm glad I didn't. 3 days in Hell Paso at the Flying J by the New Mexico state line. Also the I-10 corridor across NM and AZ is a royal bitch. Been here in Ripon, Cali for 2 days now...no luck yet...hopefully I'll get out in the morning.

RottonCotton

Reaction score
20 years on the road ! Amarillo Texas wins to embrace the suck favor .

Tallahassee for second Nebraska for the follow up .

Easiest state to hitch ? Alabama and Tennessee yehawwww mothafucka

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads