Winter spots that are warm and have work. | Squat the Planet

Winter spots that are warm and have work.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
what thread are you referring to? i believe we've covered this topic about a billion times.

train in vain

Reaction score
Nola. Its still cold but not that cold. Everyone i know there has had no trouble getting bar/kitchen jobs real quick. Do it to it boy.

Ezra Fyre

Reaction score
Have a friend, living the boat life in Florida, but, on contract with FEMA as among first responders to disaster relief... Fema/Carolinas just sent them home (maybe they did their X weeks, and it rotates, i dunno) -

That probably leaves lots of spots open for filling out laborers for re-construction crews... So, depending on skills and levels, and type of work ya want - Carolinas may or may not be the best route.

But, if you got a 40hr card - chances are you're golden!

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I've noticed no one has mentioned Hell yet...

But seriously, tuscon, phoenix, Austin.....

This topic has been covered a million times. Search for it in the forums.

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
San Diego = ship yards/military (!); construction boom thanks to yuppie tech/bio; & loads of retail/service work.

Last edited:

Shit Beetle

Reaction score
There's tons of resorts and lodges looking for seasonal workers. That's my current MO. Some places will even have on-site housing available for the workers and food as well. You can find jobs washing dishes, bussing tables, serving, bartending, grounds-work, front desk, concierge services, luggage handling, vehicle cleaning, house cleaning, driving, etc. It doesn't pay much, but you're still getting paid to live where other people pay A LOT of money to stay only a few nights. I'm sure golf clubs in warmer climes always need an extra pair of hands as well, but I sort of doubt you'll find housing and food there. Hope that helps!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads