What's the shitiest place in the US y'all have stayed? | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

What's the shitiest place in the US y'all have stayed?

Dagonshucks

Reaction score
I went to Indianapolis and there were wild bats attracted to my nasty smell. I started carrying around a wooden stake and eating garlic.

ResistMuchObeyLittle

Reaction score
All of Florida. Toledo, Oh, Gary, Indiana. Some podunk towns in ND. Not a fan of Texas either. Any of the big cities in California. I'm not a fan of a lot of people. The less people the better. Put me in a place like where Dick Proenneke lived. Wilderness and solitude.

• Haha
Reactions: SenRex and Odin

Freerange

Reaction score
#1 Sun Valley NV. The people were fine but you could literally smell the meth in the air sometimes!
#2Redding Ca. The rednecks were just insane. We had some grub at a Roadhouse off the 5 and they had a live country band playing which we thought would be cool. The singer walked right up to my table with his mic and asked me if i was "here with the Cosby's" because of my dreads. I replied to him my name was Sideshow Bob and he then proceeded to dedicate a song for me... Okie from Muskogee. When they brought out our food you can tell they had pulled it from the trash or something. I peed on the bathroom floor and we stiffed them for the check.

Reaction score
Kit Carson, CO. - Population 153

I was there in a buddies shitty house from the 1920s in the fall/winter kicking an opiate/xanax/ambien habit of several years ...45 days of seizures, brain zaps, constant gaging/vomiting, ...

zaye rodriguez

Reaction score
I love how a new one of these threads pops up everSicey now and again....but I still can't resist posting:

All of Texas.... -Austin
Eureka, CA
Phoenix, AZ
Sacremento, CA (although I've only seen the ghetto side)
Daly City, CA
Stockton, CA
Fresno, CA
Barstow, CA
Roswell, NM

Since i cant post or respond...i must say it's a hardball between texas and california

Jerrell

Reaction score
Norfolk, VA when I was stationed there because the locals hate sailors...and for good reason. I mean, what DO you do with a drunken sailor?

Pretty much every town in western Iowa is the same. Basic white bread with a side of corn and meth.

I've been to a lot of Texas and California, in fact most of my homelessness in life has been spent between those two states, and I've always found decent situations. Guess I got lucky?

zaye rodriguez

Reaction score
Norfolk, VA when I was stationed there because the locals hate sailors...and for good reason. I mean, what DO you do with a drunken sailor?

Pretty much every town in western Iowa is the same. Basic white bread with a side of corn and meth.

I've been to a lot of Texas and California, in fact most of my homelessness in life has been spent between those two states, and I've always found decent situations. Guess I got lucky?

Texas and California are the two states where i experienced the mist trauma in my life, but the south is always gonna worse, under any conditions.

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

ScumRag

me, hellarity, oak, ca. about 2006
Reaction score
I always seem to attract the attention of cops in fukn Chicago. So that's one. 2, probably rural MO. 3, Cinci...just really odd ppl there, in my experience at least (& this was b4 methland took over)... 4, Tonopah NV. 5, Yakima. 6, Whitefish MT- got some super weird vibes up there... That's about it haha

Reactions: AAAutin

Myangelsbdb

Reaction score
Thoughts? I'm not a big fan of Fort Lauderdale myself....
I
Worst place I have ever been in my life is Phoenix, Az specifically the area known as Sunnyslope. Homeless stealing from homeless, stealing from stores is a career for many popular term, "Boosting". I have traveled and lived all over the country, best way to describe Sunnyslope in Phoenix, "Hell On Earth" and I'm not the only one to say that. I hate panhandling, I would rather work labor for the day but just isn't much work out there right now. Going to fly a sign most likely, not looking forward to it but I'm broke and hungry, my wife is starving and we have nothing that we need. All we have are people making our lives harder. Her health is not good, she can't help me flying the sign, I put "I Don't Steal, Broke, Hungry, Anything helps, Thank you" I don't want to do it but out of options, just hope it goes ok. Months ago tried a few times, only ones getting anything were the ones out there every day, how does that work?? Someone please wish me luck, pray, something, really need it right now!

Myangelsbdb

Reaction score
All of Indiana
Blythe, ca
Phoenix, az
Daytona beach, fl
You're right about Phoenix, Az, specifically Sunnyslope area, now south down off Van Buren between 27th Ave & 35th Ave, not bad, panhandled a little north was honest with people, made good money, took care of me and my wife, homeless looked out for each other, Sunnyslope or Sunnydope as they call it, thieves, tweakers, punk ass thugs, cops running homeless out, locking them up, some vanish, there that night, nowhere in the morning. Been stuck here too long, hate it! It is hell on Earth, more demons than people. A ton of messed up events, history of disease outbreaks, strange disappearances, violent history dating back to Indians and first settlers, a lot of "Dark Earth". Call me crazy if you want, it's no place for anyone, especially on the street

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
You're right about Phoenix, Az, specifically Sunnyslope area, now south down off Van Buren between 27th Ave & 35th Ave, not bad, panhandled a little north was honest with people, made good money, took care of me and my wife, homeless looked out for each other, Sunnyslope or Sunnydope as they call it, thieves, tweakers, punk ass thugs, cops running homeless out, locking them up, some vanish, there that night, nowhere in the morning. Been stuck here too long, hate it! It is hell on Earth, more demons than people. A ton of messed up events, history of disease outbreaks, strange disappearances, violent history dating back to Indians and first settlers, a lot of "Dark Earth". Call me crazy if you want, it's no place for anyone, especially on the street
The Phoenix area was once home to large centralized settlements of Hohokam Indians, who deserted their cities hundreds of years prior to European settlement of the area. Archaeologists have no definite answer for why the Hohokam left. Perhaps they knew something whites did not.

klaiash

Reaction score
Everywhere in California..

Humboldt/Eureka/Redding - Wtf is even going on in nothern Cali? It's like one of those really weird episodes of Portlandia.

Ventura - Fat, racist mexicans and psychotic, rich white people. The most fucked up shit I've ever encountered was in this county.

Blythe - Can you say "meth"? Of all places, my car broke down there in 110°+ weather..

San Francisco - Absolutely no appeal to me. Also, the raccoons will steal your dog food. Those bastards.

Los Angeles - LA is for the rich/famous and immigrants. End of story.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin and Sand

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads