Whats in St. Louis to do? Arriving tomorrow!

I

IBRRHOBO

St. Louis is a relatively large area. If you're wanting, as your thread generically requests, a tourist brochure, a Google search might be best.

Lighthouse is the day center. Gateway up on 19th can refer you to shit and give ya food, Catholic Charities will give you a pamphlet on services.

BE ADVISED St. Louis is NOT the type of town to roll into and act the fool! Since about '05 the law has been cracking down HEAVY! Additionally, if you're not a veteran of the streets keep your mouth shut and don't flaunt shit there! Otherwise, we'll be reading about you in the Westbound thread.

If you'll ask a less generic ? some of us may be able to better reply. Good luck!

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score
I want to know music joints, cool shops, parks, hotels, restaurants...anything. Help me out please.

For shops, hotels and restaurants you'd be better off taking ibrrhobo's advice and looking up the city chamber of commerce or something on google. I think you might have stumbled into the wrong kind of travel site. Most of us in here can't tell you where hotels and restaurants are but are better acquainted with the finer dumpsters that cities have to offer.

I

IBRRHOBO

Ah, the savory aroma of dumpsters which beckon me from sleep upon a summer's eve ... yeah, I ain't a Shakespeare, but I couldn't resist!

Like ur Emerson quote there Angela!

logan714

Rev Quay Lude The Church of the SubGenius http:
StP Supporter
Reaction score
we are on lake of the Ozarks

if you want to kick it in the country

pm me

logan

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
If you're a train rider, St. Louis is a dream!
You can take the metro rail out west as far as Lambeau Feild airport or as far east as East St. Louis, Illinois.
Right next to the Amtrak depot, most all your westbound trains heading for KCMO will catch a redblock just half mile west of Amtrak depot, thus you can board there over on the mainline side. (All trains in the yards there are "overflow" cars). They eventually wind up across the river into the Terminal Yards.
Take the metro rail for like $1.50 across into East St. Louis and then you will see that huge Terminal Yard. Catchout here to Chicago, Naptown, Nashville, Cincinnati, or south to Poplar Bluff/Pine Bluff and eventually to Texarkana/Dallas-Ft. Worthless.
Great trails!
PS.......Like "IBRRHOBO" was saying about keeping your mouth shut, well that is nothing compared to what it's like over the river in E. St. Louis! Once you're in the Terminal Yard, you're OK. Also you can take the city bus across the river and south to the Union Pacific yards called "Dupo Yard". Here you have all your IM trains, but be carefull for the bulls here in Dupo don't play!

Rise 609

Reaction score
Fuck st. louis. I just rolled through e. st. louis yesterday and had no intention of stopping there. Now im in Louisville and I kinda feel the same way.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads