What to pack?

desaparecido

Reaction score

wildmAn47

Reaction score
Widerstand said:
I agree instead of having two knifes... I like to have a pocket knife and a multi-tool which also does have a knife blade on it.

i was always wondering..like..wats the rule/law with knives?...like...wat if you get stopped by a cop and they catch you with it?..you cant like...my idea was to just keep a knife in my pack?..but i wasnt sure...cuz then they might say its concealed?...but like...you cant walk around with a knife in ur hand..and at the same time if you have one in ur pocket its concealed?..atleast thats like the law in my state(NJ) but i dunno? whenever im in woods i just carry a multi-tool and a fixed blade knife...ive never been caught..but ive always wondered wat would happen if i did...im a minor though..so...i guess id actually get in alot of trouble though

wildmAn47

Reaction score
oh and careful with the bota bag things..me and my cousin wer camping..and we went swimming in this lake..he had that with him...and wen we got out of the water the water from the lake soaked through it..and he was afraid to use it cuz who knows wats in the lake..id just use like a big water bottle..but thats me

1stcavmp77

Reaction score
water bladders are great for carrying water on the go.

deshi, it kinda looks like you went to walmart and bought the cheap multitool they sell in the camping department. walmart does sell some good multitools in the knife case. as long as you're gonna be carrying something like that doesn't it make sense to carry something a little better so you don't have to worry about it breaking on you when you need it?

1stcavmp77

Reaction score
i would think of packing some kind of a weapon or something you can defend your self with just in case, maybe a small club or bat. something you could throw away in case you see the cops coming and not miss it too much in case you can't go back and get.

D

deshi_kicks

Binoculars- Already had them, they aren't that heavy and I figured they'd be useful while watching a yard. They fit good in my bag so its not like they are taking up too much room.

Bota bags- I got them from walmart, they are the cheap shits that seem to be lined with some sort of rubber/plastic material, so I doubt anything would seep through, but thanks for the heads up.

Multitool- Yes I grabbed that from Walmart. I couldn't get the other ones because they were on those damn things that an employee has to open.

Two knives- I ALWAYS carry two knives, even when I'm just going to Walmart. Its a comfort thing.

Legality of knives- I was pulled over the other day for running a stop sign (son of a bitch was hidden), and the cop goes "Do you always walk around with two knives? Just do me a favor and keep your hand away from your pocket". I keep both of them clipped to the inside of my pocket. In FL, butterfly's are illegal, and ones with a more than 4" blade on it. Anything bigger is weapons possession, and if its concealed then its possession of a concealed weapon. I'm sure there are loopholes for hunting and such cases. But knife laws vary state to state from what I have heard/read.

As far as carrying a weapon, I should be packing a squat key in my bag too so that will work, or one of my knives.

desaparecido

Reaction score
Binoculars- Already had them, they aren't that heavy and I figured they'd be useful while watching a yard. They fit good in my bag so its not like they are taking up too much room.

Bota bags- I got them from walmart, they are the cheap shits that seem to be lined with some sort of rubber/plastic material, so I doubt anything would seep through, but thanks for the heads up.

Multitool- Yes I grabbed that from Walmart. I couldn't get the other ones because they were on those damn things that an employee has to open.

Two knives- I ALWAYS carry two knives, even when I'm just going to Walmart. Its a comfort thing.

Legality of knives- I was pulled over the other day for running a stop sign (son of a bitch was hidden), and the cop goes "Do you always walk around with two knives? Just do me a favor and keep your hand away from your pocket". I keep both of them clipped to the inside of my pocket. In FL, butterfly's are illegal, and ones with a more than 4" blade on it. Anything bigger is weapons possession, and if its concealed then its possession of a concealed weapon. I'm sure there are loopholes for hunting and such cases. But knife laws vary state to state from what I have heard/read.

As far as carrying a weapon, I should be packing a squat key in my bag too so that will work, or one of my knives.

so when you asked if you were packing the right kind of stuff, it was mostly meant to be rhetorical? watch for the sunlight flashing off those binocular lenses when you're peeping the yard.

D

deshi_kicks

so when you asked if you were packing the right kind of stuff, it was mostly meant to be rhetorical? watch for the sunlight flashing off those binocular lenses when you're peeping the yard.

Not really, just wanted to make sure I've got the right idea. Thanks for the tip on the binoculars.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
once again what is a squat key?

800px-Piedbiche.jpg

Reactions: smellsea

desaparecido

Reaction score
I'd suggest packing a sawed-off shotgun in your bedroll.

desaparecido

Reaction score
Reactions: JanKrusz and Jypsy

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
maybe even pack a m-16 in case you have to catch out of southside chicago.

Well... there is that one Mil. Surplus store about 20 minutes outta Fresno here. They are still doing their "Check us out and get a free Bazooka" deal. That could possibly come in handy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads