what the fuck?! I got Staph!

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
two summers ago a whole house of "clean housie kids" in vic got staph & wouldn't go to the doctors cuz one of them was studying chinese medicine and wanted to play doctor or something stupid. they all had it for months...... like 2 or more months each. some of them eventually when to the doctor thank god.

churl

Reaction score
Website
clamstalk.com
This looks like the perfect place for my staph story!! I had a huge infection on the small of my back, so when it got to painful to move, my girlfriend at the time tried to drain the infection, well, it wouldnt drain cause it had become solid. She had to put tweezers inside what used to be a pore and pull out this awesome greenish yellow mass that had canals of blood, think: small brain removed. It was about the size of the tip of your pinky. It made a vacuum "suck" sound when she pulled it through the opening. Me being who I am, I took it into the bathroom, washed it off and started to pull it apart with the tweezers. It was kinda fibrous and weirdly sticky. I did not find any gold inside. And that is how i stopped my 25 year long habit of picking my nose.

Always use alcohol and not peroxide on staph. It's way more effective, because staph is naturally resistant to oxygen (S. Aureus even produces its own antioxidant pigment for this purpose, which gives it its characteristic yellow color). Stings more, but it's worth it.

Povidone Iodine (betadine) is always better than either, though.

I've been studying medicine a lot lately, heh.

I

IBRRHOBO

Widerstand said:
I have a crazy idea... Goto a real doctor before your ass falls off!

i'd second that ... even though this is a late post. two kids lost an arm and a hand respectively in Asheville this year due to staph.

the newer staph is antibiotic resistant so a person would do well to visit the clinic.

this kinda goes for a lot of shit. honey, which is documented by ptah nem hotep (the 9th hotep dynasty in egypt) did utilize it as an antibiotic; however, modern staph is also a BLOOD-BORNE pathogen.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
My advice would be to treat any wound which does not heal up properly and quickly as an infection, (meaning something like a spiderbite/minor scrape or burn should dry up in about a day) using honey or iodine povidone or hydrogen peroxide or alcohol (preference in that order, honey being best). If the treatment isn't showing results after a day and/or it seems to be getting worse, see a doctor, because it is beyond your ability (or whoever is trying to help you) to treat it!

Burns and bites are the most likely wounds to get infected, because they are hard to clean. Untreated human bites are potentially lethal because our mouth bacteria is almost like a slow-acting venom, seriously!

If there is swelling which occurs pretty quickly, a funny smell, colored pus, multiple sites, a vein-like pattern coming out from the point of the wound, fever, or anything unusual, get to a doctor within a few hours if you can, because that means you might die or lose your limbs or become disfigured.

Do people agree with this?

skunkpit

Reaction score
alls i know is i got rid of staph with my anti-septic piss..
also i had a friend piss on my staph aswell when id run outa piss..

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
It's great that your piss works, but I don't think it'll be an easy sell for people to allow you to pee on their wound, unless they are into that kind of thing.

M

Mouse

wow... this went so many funny directions.

my boyfriend, who i met shortly before i got the staph wound ... i gave it to him as well, oops.. love, huh? share everything. anyways.. he got it from me and he used a glass tube, heated, placed over the wound to SUCK out the icky and then douse it in rubbing alc. worked for him.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
not an easy sell cause its free and ya dont have to pay for it?

Well, no, because maybe you are much more convincing than I am, but I don't think I can come up to someone with a staph infection and say
"Hey, let me give your open sore a golden shower and fix it up (and I will in no way gain any sexual arousal for that act)"
when I have nothing but anecdotes to testify to its effectiveness, especially when there are proven remedies (which are unfortunately not free) easily at hand.

skunkpit

Reaction score
Well, no, because maybe you are much more convincing than I am, but I don't think I can come up to someone with a staph infection and say
"Hey, let me give your open sore a golden shower and fix it up (and I will in no way gain any sexual arousal for that act)"
when I have nothing but anecdotes to testify to its effectiveness, especially when there are proven remedies (which are unfortunately not free) easily at hand.

heh well worst case scenario.. the free piss doesn't work.. big deal. i got rid of staph without paying for some bullshit chemical creme, and as for golden shower sexual act.. i would have never though of it that way and if i did for some stupid reason id ask my most trust worthy friend and besides that i only asked my friend to cause its more antiseptic fluid to attack the staph and i thought it would be funny, you could just as easy just use your own piss..

if your worried about not being socially acceptable about smelling like piss you piss on the wounds and wait till the piss dries then wash it off... if your truly working towards being more sustainable, its at least worth it to try alternative methods which some cultures still use, and you cannot deny that some cultures still do use urine therapy.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
some asian people drink pee daily.

That may be, but even in Asia it's uncommon and frowned upon. Piss can be used as a rinse or irrigating a wound because for healthy people it is pretty much free of bacteria (except for the ones picked up along the urethra) but it doesn't have any other proven medical benefits as far as I know. If the uric acid content is high enough, I suppose it could eliminate bacteria via osmotic rupture, but I wouldn't count on it as that requires the person to be a bit dehydrated. It's basically last resort medicine.

Drinking piss is just... I don't get the point, their body tried to get it out of them, and they are putting it back in?

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
no, they would drink baby piss. they thought it something spiritual or something.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads