what the fuck?! I got Staph! | Squat the Planet

what the fuck?! I got Staph!

M

Mouse

I'm a clean healthy housie kid right now and of all things I got mother fucking staph! I never got anything when I was traveling but now, for some fucked up reason, I got a fucking staph infection on my ass.

I think my boyfriend gave it to me. he's living in his car and had a staph infection and it's more than likely I picked it up from him.

my doctor also told me that staph can live in your sinuses and never bother you. but if you like pick your nose and then scratch yourself you'll spread an active infection. I got my septum pierced recently and I think from having my fingers around my nose trying to pick the crusties off I might have got it on my fingers from my sinuses and them scratched my dirty ass and ended up with an abcess withing a few days.

yet another reason to WASH YOUR HANDS!

M

Mouse

luckily I've got health insurance now so I got antibiotics and had the doctor cut and drain it for me. but now i've got a hole the size of my pinky finger in my butt cheek... it's way down on the bottom of my bottom to so I'm constantly sitting on it. thank god for hydrocodone!

kai

Reaction score
i recently got staph infection on some poison ivy wounds, and when I bandaged it, the sweat under the bandages made the poison ivy spread hardcore and as it spread it just continued to get infected. I also got it on my ankle on the other leg and same story. I had to go on antibiotics to get rid of it because of the nature of how it spread, due to it being from poison ivy. This shit isn't fun, it lasted for like 2 weeks, and is finally gone, and 2 other's I was squattting with also got it at the same time.

I also got it while living in the woods last summer and used a calendula, tea tree and lavender salve to heal it really rapidly, the trick I found was bandages. Swore against 'em for so long but they really do serve their purpose well when they need to.

if it isn't spreading super fast another good remedy for staph is pine pitch(sap). Put a thick coating of it on the wound and it helps to draw the infection out, just make sure you change it and give some breathing time and keep the wound clean and bandaged till it's healed.

Reactions: Anthorhitchhiker77

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
Honey works well against staph, both regular and antibiotic resistant (MRSA- pronounced Mer-sah). Just the regular household, plastic bear honey. It also works with infected superficial wounds. Bandages help keep it from making a mess, but beware of ants!

• Haha
Reactions: Anthorhitchhiker77

Dameon

Reaction score
You can use that hole in your ass to hide things in. It's a much better hiding place than that other hole in your ass. Like, from the sound of it, it's the perfect size to keep a joint in. And imagine the surprised looks you'll get when you produce a joint from your ass. Learn to look on the bright side of things.

Reactions: veggieguy12
F

FrumpyWatkins

Just the other day I read about a tagger who got jumped by thugs beaten severally then covered in spray paint, he almost died from a staph infection in his cuts from the paint. DAMN.

kai

Reaction score
manuka honey is specifically good for staph.

cutting sugar from your diet is a good thing regardless of your infections and what not.

M

Mouse

I've stopped drinking and I'm trying to eat a bit better. I never knew about the honey thing. I'm not sure if I'm willing to try it. but I bathe regularly with tea tree oil soap and keep the wound covered so it's starting to get better.

M

Mouse

wow. ok. i'm ditching the neo and trying some honey! hopefully it'll help this wound heal with less scaring as well.

im confused though.. if bacteria feeds off of sugar, how does honey not feed it? or is that yeast that feeds off sugar? i think it's yeast but i'm not sure. GOOGLE to the rescue.

M

Mouse

ok... I looked it up.

"bacteria's inability to grow in a high sugar environment is the same as the reason for their inability to grow in high salt environments.

Both sugar and salt bind up the water and thus makes the water unavailable to the bacteria to use. In essence, while the environment may seem like it has a lot of water in it, most of the water is tied up by the salt or sugar. Bacteria require a certain amount of "available" water to survive and grow. Spoilage of jams and jellies is usually due to molds and not bacteria because of the high sugar content. Molds do not require as much water for growth and survival as most bacteria. "

so sugar kills bacteria. yeast feeds off of sugar.

" Yeast is a fungus and needs a supply of energy for its living and growth. Sugar supplies this energy. (Your body also gets much of its energy from sugar and other carbohydrates.)"

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
I would not recommend putting salt or sugar into your wounds, if you are putting it in dry, it will be extremely painful (hence the phrase putting salt on a wound). Sugar will initially kill bacteria, but after it becomes wet, it then becomes a source of food for bacteria. There are some practices of packing a wound with sugar, but the wound has to be scrubbed out and cleaned and have new sugar put in every six hours. The patient will probably need to be held down and the medical team should have earplugs during the painful scrubbing part. This is a kind of improvised emergency medicine, done when there isn't a better option.

The sugar in the honey doesn't feed the bacteria, because the other parts of the honey kill the bacteria. Additionally, honey can be fermented by yeast, which is how mead is made, but it takes a very long time.

M

Mouse

did you miss the part where I said "my doctor"

thanks for Norfolk Southern RR and me being a full time student I've got amazing health insurance. I've got this ass on lock down.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads