what do you want done with your body when you die?

Z

Zanzae

not sure what the most appropriate place for this thread is, so here we go...

What do you want done with your body when you die?

I know that burying me whole, underground in a box, with embalming fluid is probably the worst option. It takes up space that could be good for walking, keeps my body around for longer than it needs to be, and the box creates unecessary waste. I would like to be consumed - whether it be by worms, coyotes, bears, fire, etc.

What about you?

Dillinger

Reaction score
Originally, I loved the idea of being buried and laying back down into the earth from which I came. But it came to my attention that theres no way for that to happen because of these boxes they'll put you in. So my answer; Cremated, And spread across somewhere or something that means a lot to me.

Labea

Reaction score
I dont want anything done, actually. Although I know in this day and age it would be rather difficult to never be discovered, I have always adored the idea of just disappearing and never being found, so then no one would ever have to deal with my death, and I would just simply be lost. But I never, ever, EVER want to be put in a casket and buried 6 feet under. I heard stories about how at the turn of the century one out of ten people were buried alive, when thought dead. They had just been unconscious. I can't imagine what it would feel like to wake up in a casket, although I'm sure they died from lack of oxygen before realizing their fate.

what an odd topic, I must admit!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
someone told me once that when they die, they want their naked corpse thrown out of an airplane onto the white house...

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
As for the poll, do we get to choose which part of the body we choose to eat?

I don't really think I'll care that much for my body when I'm dead.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
a viking funeral would be pretty sweet.

Reactions: Andrea Van Scoyoc

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
lay me down in a field of flaming heather
render up my body into the burning heart of God
in the belly of a blackwing bird.

Reactions: Hal

Labea

Reaction score
jack ransom said:
I want my body stripped of all its useful organs to give to people who need them and then I'd like to be cremated.

that does sound like a good idea, but I'm not sure any of my helpful organs would meet the standards for another person...

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
i've always wanted to just crawl into the woods and rot. you got a lot of useful organic matter in ya, give it back to the enviornment!

G

Grace

When Hunter S. Thompson killed himself, his will explained his funeral arrangements. He was to be cremated, and then Bill Murray and Johnny Depp took his ashes up to a cliff and shot them out of a cannon somewhere in the Southwest. He always was ridiculous.

As for me, I would like to be cremated, and then have my ashes spread somewhere. No point in taking up land by being buried, and anyways, I don't think of the body as the person, rather just the shell and temple where we are temporarily housed. Sometimes imprisoned.

Adonis

Reaction score
I am all for the body being "lost" in the woods giving back to the animals and earth the nourishment I have used up throughout my life.

H

hellomonday

i want somebody to make something with my bones.
like make something that hangs from a tree perhaps...
ive always thought it would be kindof cool to hold a femur bone in my hand it would be such a wierd feeling, uhh sorry if thats wierd.
i think bones are really fascinating

H

hellomonday

I am always coming across animal bones and then making shit out of them

me too! ive got a bone necklace that im in the process of making, justdont have enough bones yet. i dont really know what kind of bones they are either. they're probably chicken bones from someones lunch now that i think about it eew haha

Adonis

Reaction score
I also love skeletal remains and time to time making things with bones/teeth I have found or been given. I mostly collect skulls though but would really like to have full skeletons assembled for display almost like they were still alive and posed doing something "natural" to that particular creature..

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads