water

BUMJUG

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
haha unless you have a mule hauling your water or are able to afford that fancy "dehydrated water" sold at some extreme sports stores.... i think the best advice you can get is to carry a minimal amount....i seem to drink around a half gallon a day....so two gallons would support me fine for a 4 day ride......it is never advised to skimp on provisions like food and water.....you may want to experiment with making your pack lighter period, then water would not be such a problem.....i have experimented with a few ways to strap water to my pack that seem to make catching a train allot easier....also tying a bandanna around the handle of your jug can really help to make it less of a hassle....you can swing it onto a grainer porch or something before catching the ladder...

xbocax

Reaction score
check out the ortlieb water bags theyre pretty snazzy and you can use them as pillows :] i have a 3 gallon i think

christianarchy

Reaction score
check out the ortlieb water bags theyre pretty snazzy and you can use them as pillows :] i have a 3 gallon i think
i definitely agree here. i would suggest you get a water bag or platypus and store it in your pack. doesn't take a ton of room, is flexible, and holds a good amount.

urbanflow

Reaction score
new to things but, 2 gallon jugs and holding off on water as long as possible sure works for me. it is a bitch to walk around with one in each hand but, i also have a smaller reserve 22 liter nalgene i keep on the side of my pack. whenever i crack a new gallon i fill that bad boy up and "forget" about it until i need it.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads