2016 Jamboree - Volunteers needed to help run Jambo! | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Volunteers needed to help run Jambo!

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Just arrived in the Slabs, and we have tons of power tools, hand tools, screws & nails, and all the stuff ya need to build stuff. My road dog is fresh to the road from a life of carpentry, totally excited to help out with anyone who needs anything built. The truck can tow trailers & RVs, and we also got a sexy lil winch if anything needs pulled/lifted. @Cornelius Vango -- lemme know if ya need any help with building things. A couple of folk have given us word on where to find the building materials, we're just looking for something to get started with.

Someone was asking about a PA system...We have a huge fucking amp that can be wired to act like one. Also got an electric guitar / pedal board to go with it, if anyone wants to jam. We're trying to gather some batteries and panels of our own through work trade and bartering...hopefully we can help provide some extra juice for the Jambo.

I'm kinda all around and all over the place atm...scrambling about trying to get comfortable for the winter. Hit me up if ya need a ride into the Slabs from the city, or a ride into the city from the slabs...or if ya just wanna kick and and help us get ready for the Jambo. We'll be at the hot springs every morning at the first crack of light...there's no better way to bring in the day :D

I dunno what needs done, but we're here now and available to help out. I'll be driving around and scramblin about like a madman...flag me down if ya see me!!

awesome man, looking forward to seeing you out there!

Reactions: Cornelius Vango

Cornelius Vango

Chaos Magician
Banned
Reaction score
Oh hey, we could use some screws! I know we spoke yesterday about things that needed to get done, my head was kind of else-where but I think I forgot to mention that we need screws.

Reactions: Kal

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Habitat 4 humanity sells them cheap, by the pound.. There's a good one in Santa Cruz, & we're most likely passing right by it..

creature

Banned
Reaction score
Also, if needed, there's a rip saw & drill in the van, in a blue & grey box.
Also a 2 cycle generator.

if they're needed, they're there.

T

Toasty Tramp

We got a bucket of screws, I'll swing by later today :D

@creature -- We need a genny to power the tools...and a rip saw would kid so much ass for when we fnally get to building. Building our camp today...if you see some folk building near the skatepark, drop in and say hi!

Last edited:

creature

Banned
Reaction score
I spoke a bit too soon about the genny, but ummm.. let me hit Matt up..

Should be OK, after re-detailing..

findfoot

Reaction score
Hey I'm new to squat but I'd love to help in the library or the kitchen. I have some books already for the library. Any thoughts on what food donations would be most helpful?

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Update: Thank you to everyone for wanting to help out! We appreciate all the feedback. For those of you that are still interested in helping out there will be a meeting this Thursday, 10/20/16, going to be held at the Library at Noon. Please try to be in an attendance as the Library Staff will be going over some of the basic information and what you need to know.

If you have any questions please feel free to message myself, @Cornelius Vango, @Caveman118, or @Matt Derrick for more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads