2016 Jamboree - Volunteers needed to help run Jambo! | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

2016 Jamboree Volunteers needed to help run Jambo!

Threads with this prefix are related to the 2016 Jamboree.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skidkidfox

Reaction score
I think thats a great idea for the kitchen, having it divided. As well as keeping shellfish and pork seperate. I have a seafood allergy so yeah good stuff

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Mankini

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I can help with any of those jobs. When will people start to show up?
A few days before hand. Personally I'll be there on the 19th of October.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Question
Will anyone be supplying a PA system? If so Andy will have more space to bring more of the anarchestra.

no one's mentioned it so it seems unlikely.

LeeenPocket

Reaction score
Jay and I plan to hang around slab city for awhile. We'll probably be showing up sometime in the first week of Oct, or later. Who knows. And we'll definitely be hanging around after the Jambo. I don't want to commit to anything in particular just yet. But we'll definitely be around to help with stuff. Also, I'll be making semi-frequent trips to Niland and tag alongs are welcome.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Question
Will anyone be supplying a PA system? If so Andy will have more space to bring more of the anarchestra.

Ahh, Mr. Tuna..

Dig this:

i dun know what qualifies as 'PA', however..

i saw a yard sale, today & TWO +20 watt guitar speakers for $5, & picked 'em up..

i dunno if they work yet, but when i saw them i instantaneously parsed yer Anarchestra request.

Also, dig this; i found a USB to 1/4 inch jack connector..

anyways.. that's about 45 watts total..
dunno how much power is needed, but there may be an 800 watt generator available, already at the slabs, unused, in a big ass white van.. sooo.. although it would be best to confer with Cornelius & Caveman regarding how available power will be used, there is more than one generator on site.

might be possible to pick up some big ass thrift store speakers & an amp, if it helps reduce what Andy &/or you need to pack..

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer
B

BoBeaux

I've worked lots of events, rallies and such. I've done everything on the list plus. I'm also an automotive and motorcycle tech. A pretty damn goo one from what in told. I travel by motorcycle usually so I haven no room for a complete tool set. I'm going to try an head out that way. Let me know what I can do.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Depending on what you can carry, the library always needs building supplies and tools, and the jambo will always need food, water (or money to pitch in to get the library water tank filled), booze, ICE (it goes quickly) containers to hold ice / keep food cold, gas for the generator, booze, and... booze.

Sent from my LG-H815 using the Squat the Planet mobile app!

Reactions: Rhubarb Dwyer
B

BoBeaux

Ok I also have a friend who was a computer programmer from NASA he's free lancing right now. Should be here in a couple of days if you needed any help.

creature

plastic wingnut in a microwave
Banned
Reaction score
Will 48 bottles of cheap wine do?

The stuff may actually be pretty good..

Grocery Outlet.. found some decent looking Rose' for 2$ a bottle & thought "man, I'll never see *that* again" & got some.. THEN I went to a 99 cent store, & guess what *those* fuckers had for a buck a bottle???

So.. We got four cases, so far, ye bloddy fucking drunks..

; )

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Will 48 bottles of cheap wine do?

The stuff may actually be pretty good..

Grocery Outlet.. found some decent looking Rose' for 2$ a bottle & thought "man, I'll never see *that* again" & got some.. THEN I went to a 99 cent store, & guess what *those* fuckers had for a buck a bottle???

So.. We got four cases, so far, ye bloddy fucking drunks..

; )

and so i dub thee 'creature, bringer of booze'!!!

• Haha
Reactions: VikingAdventurer

Joe Btfsplk

Reaction score
and so i dub thee 'creature, bringer of booze'!!!
Matt:

I was at the Slabs on Sunday, Sept. 25. I donated $100 cash for Cornelius' solar project and two cases of ice cold beer. I had driven all day and was road-head dead. When I arrived I asked for Constance, not Cornelius. I fucked up. I was told Connie (Constance) could be found at the Internet Cafe. I gave the beer and $100 to Connie.

I now am hoping Connie gave that cash to Cornelius. I had forgotten Cornelius' name, thought it was Constance.

I drank with a small group of people, smoked and yakked. My name is Bob; I left after about three hours. Had a good time.

Can you contact Cornelius and let her know about my mistake (Cornelius/Constance)? I had met four people in the library, I gave them all a beer and they directed me to Connie at the Internet Cafe. One of those people may have been Cornelius! I am kicking myself.

Again, could you let Cornelius know of my $100 donation? Have her talk to Connie. Cornelius, I am very sorry about this.

Matt, I would be so thankful if you could get in touch with Cornelius. Cornelius, I am the man with a shaved head, use a cane and wore a t-shirt that said, "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around" (old Bukowski quote). I saw (?) you at the library on Sunday afternoon, the 25th. I am legit.

Again, thank-you Matt and sorry, Cornelius. Talk with Connie.

--Bob

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Matt:

I was at the Slabs on Sunday, Sept. 25. I donated $100 cash for Cornelius' solar project and two cases of ice cold beer. I had driven all day and was road-head dead. When I arrived I asked for Constance, not Cornelius. I fucked up. I was told Connie (Constance) could be found at the Internet Cafe. I gave the beer and $100 to Connie.

I now am hoping Connie gave that cash to Cornelius. I had forgotten Cornelius' name, thought it was Constance.

I drank with a small group of people, smoked and yakked. My name is Bob; I left after about three hours. Had a good time.

Can you contact Cornelius and let her know about my mistake (Cornelius/Constance)? I had met four people in the library, I gave them all a beer and they directed me to Connie at the Internet Cafe. One of those people may have been Cornelius! I am kicking myself.

Again, could you let Cornelius know of my $100 donation? Have her talk to Connie. Cornelius, I am very sorry about this.

Matt, I would be so thankful if you could get in touch with Cornelius. Cornelius, I am the man with a shaved head, use a cane and wore a t-shirt that said, "I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around" (old Bukowski quote). I saw (?) you at the library on Sunday afternoon, the 25th. I am legit.

Again, thank-you Matt and sorry, Cornelius. Talk with Connie.

--Bob
I already forwarded your message to Cornelius, (and responded to your email) so hopefully she'll get back to you soon.

Joe Btfsplk

Reaction score
Thank you, Matt. This takes a lot of worry off of me. I drive mile after mile and fret.

We're now in Grand Island NE and I'll sleep better.

May the Spaghetti Monster fly with you.

T

Toasty Tramp

Depending on what you can carry, the library always needs building supplies and tools, and the jambo will always need food, water (or money to pitch in to get the library water tank filled), booze, ICE (it goes quickly) containers to hold ice / keep food cold, gas for the generator, booze, and... booze.

Just arrived in the Slabs, and we have tons of power tools, hand tools, screws & nails, and all the stuff ya need to build stuff. My road dog is fresh to the road from a life of carpentry, totally excited to help out with anyone who needs anything built. The truck can tow trailers & RVs, and we also got a sexy lil winch if anything needs pulled/lifted. @Cornelius Vango -- lemme know if ya need any help with building things. A couple of folk have given us word on where to find the building materials, we're just looking for something to get started with.

Someone was asking about a PA system...We have a huge fucking amp that can be wired to act like one. Also got an electric guitar / pedal board to go with it, if anyone wants to jam. We're trying to gather some batteries and panels of our own through work trade and bartering...hopefully we can help provide some extra juice for the Jambo.

I'm kinda all around and all over the place atm...scrambling about trying to get comfortable for the winter. Hit me up if ya need a ride into the Slabs from the city, or a ride into the city from the slabs...or if ya just wanna kick and and help us get ready for the Jambo. We'll be at the hot springs every morning at the first crack of light...there's no better way to bring in the day :D

I dunno what needs done, but we're here now and available to help out. I'll be driving around and scramblin about like a madman...flag me down if ya see me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads