Under Wear vs Commando

DrinkTooMuch

Reaction score
Underwear is a must for dudes, once things start sweating and sagging slapping about you will wish you had the support and it keeps you from chafing and actually stops the crotch rot. It wicks away sweat and keep you pretty comfortable.

JahDucky

Reaction score
I always wore undies. I figure undies are easy enough to come by and if im not too fresh i can get rid of them and my pants are just fine in the stink depot. I just dont want to smell like icky vag if i havent been able to properly take care of my situation. undies were the way to go....for me at least. Oh plus theyre like little pants if you ever end up running around in the hanes!

smellsea

Reaction score
under wear, can totally use them to sop up swamp ass. i actually like using bathing suit bottoms, they last longer. but at the same time i don't wanna trash them like i can do with regular underwear i've been wearing for a week in 100 degrees.
tights are whatsup dude, if i don't wear them with a skirt i get chub-rub.

OutsideYourWorld

Reaction score
Website
outsideyourworld.wordpress.com
I use under armor boxers. So good if you sweat a lot. When I first started out a year and a half ago I weighed 40 pounds more and my thighs rubbed raw at some points. The boxers helped with the moisture. Sometimes I'll go commando but at this point I still love em.

Reaction score
Website
www.sebastianballard.blogspot.com
To all of the people worried about chafing-a $3 travel size thing of vaseline will prevent it and last you a while.

kecleon

Reaction score
In my mind its easier to carry wash and dry underwear than what you're wearing them under. That said id way rather not wear them.

C

Cree

Ex-officio, i bought 3 pair (they were pricey) had them 2 years and show no sign of wear or tear. they are made of a real strong mesh, easy to wash by hand and can dry quicker than you can imagine. You can get by without washing them for weeks at a time (don't hate) no funky odor hold their elasticity and well worth the money.

K

Kim Chee

I've found that if I want funky sweaty ass balls that underwear will help me achieve that.

But, that is not the effect I'm after, so I go without. The added ventilation makes it cooler and dryer for me.

As for hygiene, keeping clean isn't difficult if you're sure to scrub down below even when you don't take a shit. Yeah, don't wait till you take a shit to clean your ass (sorry to get a bit off subject, but I can't stress the importance of this enough, your friends and your ass will probably appreciate this extra effort).

So, why are you asking about everybody's underwear?

Strider

Reaction score
I wear chonies because if I don't, my taint gets angry at me... Not fun y'all.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I agree with mmmmichael. Wash your dong, taint, and ass regularly, or your cha-cha if youre a chick, and you don't have to worry about your pants getting stinky! Besides, underwear need to be changed and washed frequently, and it's just more weight to carry. In a field environment, you'd have to hang underwear from a tree limb to dry, and wash them with Dr Bronner's in your cookpot. Who wants the worry? LOL This discussion is awesome.

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Inspired by this thread I tried it out (going commando) today for the first time in my life (as I can remember). ;)
It's okay for me. But still prefer wearing underwear for some reasons:
  • Hygiene. I don't change my pants on a daily basis, in fact I wear them for one or two or four weeks before thinking about washing them. It's easier to change underwear. Especially if you only have one pair of pants (might not be uncommon around here ;))
  • It's a good thing to wear underwear in case something happens with your pants. Some time ago I wore a quite old worn out pair of jeans. Sat down cross-legged and they ripped at the crotch badly. Huge hole. Would be much more embarrassing without boxer shorts. :eek:
  • Makes it easier to change pants (in case you have more than one) in front of other people (like in a hostel's dorm room).
Just my 2 cents ...

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads