Ultralight Bivy & Tarp Shelter After 1yr. Test Video

A

Arapala

Just finished up this short review...

*** For a full detailed list of all the tested ultralight equipment scroll to end of this post.

Hello folks, I'm back after a year of learning and experiences. I have a lot to share and decided to make a quick video to kick it off. I wasn't totally satisfied with my first series of videos, but it seems the viewers out there enjoyed them, as I've gotten a lot of requests for more videos and positive feedback. Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and kind words!

All the gear in this video was used for a minimum of one year before filming, and I have had the bag and tarp for over two years in fact It is all still working great like new and highly recommended! Just incase, lbs. = pounds, and measurement are based on packed weight which includes a stuff sack. After further research I found the base weight of this system is much lower than what I stated in the video. Here's the gritty details...

--- Detailed list of all the tested ultralight equipment here:

Klymit Inertia X Frame Internal Sleeping Pad, 0.5 lbs.
Poncho & Trash Bags; 1 lbs.
Outdoor Research Highland Bivy; 1.4 lbs.
Kelty Noah's 9'x9' Tarp; 1.8 lbs.
USMC 30 Degree Sleeping Bag; 2.8 lbs.
The North Face Terra 38 Liter Pack; 3.4 lbs.

Total Base Weight: 9.1 Lbs.

Thanks for watching and reading!
www.trekkingbuddha.blogspot.com 2015 G.R. MI.

A

Arapala

Well im alvie... as the temp dropped throughout the evening it was hard keeping my feet warm without fire... the bivy, ground pad, and tarp were essiental to staying warm and keeping off the wind. Also slept in my base layer, jeans, and long sleeve shirt...

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads