Travel by Cop

anywhere_but_here

Reaction score
almost the only rides I got after I had to get off the train for supplies in nebraska was from highway patrol sheriffs a random guy that was going awol from the army and then finally got a ride to denver from some deadheads on the way to the may show

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
I got picked up by a really nice cop hitching near Macomb, Il.

It's not illegal to hitchhike anywhere..........you just can't hitch right out on the interstate. f.y.i

That's not true. In Rhode Island it's "Illegal to stand in the roadway [or adjacent areas sometimes] for the purpose of soliciting a ride". Most places that don't have rules against hitching have lots of other laws that they can say you're breaking. But that part I know you already know.

Komjaunimas

Reaction score
I too got few rides from cops, one "epic" was in Germany, me and my girlfriend were walking on the highway to the boarder with Poland, it was like 4miles walk so the cops gave us a ride not out of the county but out of the country :D

uppercunt

Reaction score
I've got rides to nearby towns from cops and Hi-pos before while hitching. But the best cop ride I ever got was in roseville. I was all the way in town and flew a sign for about 15 seconds by the 7-11 (first time in r-ville) and then a lady cop came and checked us out. It was about 170 degrees if I remember correctly and the lady cop took pity on us and gave us a ride (4 or 5 miles) right to the catch out. She told us not to tell anyone and to get to fresh water and bathe. she told us about 20 times in 5 minutes how bad we smelled; but us and our packs got a much needed free ride.

tetris

Reaction score
me and my ex got a rides when we got off the ferry from conn, in long island, it got he;lla dark we walked fer hours with no cars and finally ran into a lady and asked where a gas staion was, she asked where our car was, we said aint got 1 we just wanna eat and she calls the cops, a younger guy shows up runs us and then gives us a rides to a closed campground and said "this spot is closed but i had to tell dispatch i was taking you sumwhere, but if you walk about a half mile to the right there is a trail that all the kids take to the beach, no1 patrols there so you will be safe and there is a sevy half way there.. it was pretty rad

Reactions: WrecksPowercolt

40ozprophet

Reaction score
A state trooper picked me up once and drove me 20 minutes to the next county. I thought it was pretty nice of him. He radioed it in as a civilian transport, and I don't know the rules for troopers surrounding that, but I guess they can just pick up whoever and move em. I was psyched.

tobepxt

Reaction score
Website
wastedlandz.tumblr.com
knoxville cop gave me and my buddy a ride downtown from the outskirts a couple months ago. even told us places we could busk without getting messed with by other cops. recommended we use grayhound and when we were like "are you buying?" he changed it to.. well if youre gonna hitchhike out just stay off the interstate ramps. lol...

CelticWanderer

Reaction score
lucky as shit man. The media and facebook has me all scarefd of pigs now that they're shootin everyone. I Forget that alot of em are decent people.
Back when i was skating everyday i would go miles out to hit bigger hills and usually around 3, 4 in the morning a cop would show up and be like, well, i should take you home so you dont get into any trouble and all that. I would always just agree because by then i wasa tired and a ride home instead of skating was always nice.

Leap

Reaction score
Got rides from cops twice. Once when I got dropped off at a ramp in the middle of no where with like zero traffic on it. Got a ride from a nice lady to the truckstop about 10 minutes away.
Then I got a ride off of the 407(toll route) because someone called that I was "impeding" traffic. so she drove me into town closer to the road I was going towards. Probably saved me a day of walking with that ride.

Huh, didn't even realize until now that they were both females.

Reactions: Jaguwar

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads