• Start date

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Lighten the fuck up and get over yourself

You're not really adding anything here and it doesn't even seem to apply. I agree with what @BirdDaddy said about simple mistakes. You're kind of being ridiculous, everyone knows what year it is. Some of us will still be dating shit 2018 into April and May, it just happens. If anyone needs to "lighten the fuck up" I'd say it oughta be you, trippin on someone accidentally still writing 2018, the year we just got out of.

@BirdDaddy seems pretty mellow honestly. Then the get over yourself bit? Where's the part where it seems like he's stuck on himself? Did someone tell you to get over yourself recently and you've just been champing at the bit ever since, just dying to throw that same line in the next persons face to make yourself feel a little better even if it hardly applies to anything they've said? That's what's up innit?

D

Deleted member 20240

ap,550x550,12x16,1,transparent,t.u2.png
I was just pointing out the fact that this guy thinks he has it all figured out and he can't even remember what year it is. None of us are perfect, including me. None of us should be taking anyone else's opinions as truth, because we're all shit. Way to jump to hostility folks. The poster was asking for it by posting a rant. You guys just jumped on the bandwagon cause apparently you don't have anything better to do than try to start an argument.

D

Deleted member 23824

I have always been the most open-minded of people.

Untill, of course, you happen to disagree with me and my friends viewpoints. Then, me and my friends agree, it is perfectly fine - in fact it is our duty - to ridicule what you believe, in a most public fashion.

Because, if more of us believe what we believe on a given topic, on a given forum, we must naturally be more correct, right?

Oh, by the way, we love everybody. Until we don’t.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20240

The Bible!!!

Since theres no religion section... Which Im totally fine with by the way.... A world without religion, is what I would call, a big step in the right direction.... Ill just leave this here.

You have to wonder if people feel stupid after someone they knew dissapears. Them, their friends and their whole family get on tv begging and pleading for people to pray about it. Pray that their loved one be returned safely. And eventually the whole world gets to see how much good it did them to pray, when they find the person brutally murdered and tossed along side the highway.. Do they feel stupid for going on public television, asking random people to pray to an invisible man that doesnt exist... Thinking that somehow it would change a real life situation.

This is 2019 for fucks sake! We live in the modern world... Havent we evolved past that yet? God damn, havent we grown past the day of ancient fairy tales? Why do people put up with this shit?

I watch a lot of documentaries and everytime someone is raped, strangled, thrown in a river, or burried in a shallow grave, theres no shortage of people, like fuckin nimrods, to get on tv and talk about "well she must be in heaven" or "pray god will bring her home"... Keep telling yourself that morons. Yeah god sure held up his end of the bargain. Get real! WTF?

And how come nobody ever gets on TV and says "He/she was abducted by aliens. The alliens took her to outer space! I guess someday we'll meet again on mars... Why dont you ever hear that? It pisses me off! All the sudden people think they're dillusional...

Why is it that people freely and openly talk about god and heaven and life after death... And nobody tells them how stupid and dillusional they sound.... But some stupid fuck starts talking about alliens and all the sudden, he's the joke of the week.... Neither story is more rediculous than the other, but they're treated differently. Its an injustice within society. Religion should be outlawed and frowned upon.

Though we may not have the same viewpoints regarding spirituality. I believe we may agree on the fact that humans are fucking stupid. I think mankind is only going to be able to live in " harmony" once we are smart enough to realize how stupid we are. Hahaha.

D

Deleted member 22934

Believe it or not, I actually like the bible for certain reasons. Theres a ton of wisdom in it and its a good healthy habbit to refresh your memory from time to time....

But to me, the whole story was just the delivery package, for morals and lessons, from old people who were dying, to young people and people who arent even alive yet. Somebody wanted to pass their wisdom along for future generations... But the bulk of the stories are just a way to get the message across. It was a different world back then and yeah a big part of it was to control people.

You have to be selective enough to pull the wisdom out and let the rest go in one ear and out the other.

My whole point is that it is, and always has been far too acceptable to believe and act like every detail of the whole thing is truth... And Im so tired of hearing it. Everywhere you go, everything you see theres some idiot talking about god, asking for prayers, and promoting the thought that an invisible man, floating on a cloud, controlling things, is reality... You see it on interviews, documentaries, the news, facebook and other social media... And it just cracks me up when people who have no idea whats happenned to their friend, or is happenning to their family member, or is going to happen to them, get in front of the camera and act like an imaginary spirit is going to control the outcome of reality... They're almost always proven wrong by real events, yet people continue to talk about it...

jimmyf

Reaction score
I’m just gonna say if you read the Bible from front to back, then your opinion would change. Doesn’t mean you’ll agree with Christianity, but the Bible predicts a lot of the negative stuff going on in our society today. Some is directly stated, some is through symbolism.

We’re all entitled to our own opinions and beliefs, but at least educate yourself before trying to tear apart someone else’s... just sayin...

• Disagree
Reactions: Matt Derrick
D

Deleted member 20240

There's more to existence than we'll ever know and the more we think we know, the less we'll be open to learning. I consider God the unknown and what is unsoiled by human hands, like Nature and space, as examples. Or the positive aspects of existence. Laughter, love etc. It's Ironic, because God is also knowledge. When you learn, you become closer to your creator. We fuck shit up because we ALL have good and bad qualities. Nothing we do will ever be perfect, including religion. God is in all of us. Like when we manage to be nice to one another. Humans try to put human limitations on God ( guy on cloud judging us all) because they are not evolved enough to comprehend or contemplate something more. God is beyond that. I think God is also individualized. None of us are the same, why would God take one form? But what do I know? :D

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't think any of us have the slightest clue what god is or isn't. It's all just guesses, nobody knows. Anybody that for sure for sure knows.. is incredibly dead and they ain't tellin us shit. Those who have died and came back talkin bout "heaven is like this" are probably attention seeking nuts. My mom died last year 3 times, the first was in my passenger seat. The next two times in ER. They estimated her to be gone for over 3 minutes when she was in my car and then between paddle shocks she was down some additional time too. My mom is incredibly ill and loves her some Jesus. If anybody wants it to be real, it's her. She said it ain't nothin but black. There's nothing there, it's just over. I tend to believe her if I'm gonna believe anyone. I think it's fine to say "I believe it's like this, or I think god is this certain way" but to say anything with certainty?

God is also knowledge. When you learn, you become closer to your creator. God is in all of us. Humans try to put human limitations on God ( guy on cloud judging us all) God is beyond that.

Is god beyond that? Tell us more god facts.

Gabriel Pullman

Reaction score
Okay news flash .
It's not 2018 anymore
It's 2019.
I know hard to swallow and it's Feb as well.

D

Deleted member 20240

I don't think any of us have the slightest clue what god is or isn't. It's all just guesses, nobody knows. Anybody that for sure for sure knows.. is incredibly dead and they ain't tellin us shit. Those who have died and came back talkin bout "heaven is like this" are probably attention seeking nuts. My mom died last year 3 times, the first was in my passenger seat. The next two times in ER. They estimated her to be gone for over 3 minutes when she was in my car and then between paddle shocks she was down some additional time too. My mom is incredibly ill and loves her some Jesus. If anybody wants it to be real, it's her. She said it ain't nothin but black. There's nothing there, it's just over. I tend to believe her if I'm gonna believe anyone. I think it's fine to say "I believe it's like this, or I think god is this certain way" but to say anything with certa

I have actually died myself. I was struck by a van. It was not a pleasant experience. I'd like to think it was a psychosomatic reaction to the pain I experienced before I " passed " I don't know, science stuff. All I know is I didn't experience a happily ever after. Maybe I burned in hell a little bit. I don't know. Made me grateful to be alive and try to be a better person although I'm probly still a piece of shit.
I don't think any of us have the slightest clue what god is or isn't. It's all just guesses, nobody knows. Anybody that for sure for sure knows.. is incredibly dead and they ain't tellin us shit. Those who have died and came back talkin bout "heaven is like this" are probably attention seeking nuts. My mom died last year 3 times, the first was in my passenger seat. The next two times in ER. They estimated her to be gone for over 3 minutes when she was in my car and then between paddle shocks she was down some additional time too. My mom is incredibly ill and loves her some Jesus. If anybody wants it to be real, it's her. She said it ain't nothin but black. There's nothing there, it's just over. I tend to believe her if I'm gonna believe anyone. I think it's fine to say "I believe it's like this, or I think god is this certain way" but to say anything with certainty?

I have actually died myself. I was struck by a van. It was not a pleasant experience. I'd like to think it was a psychosomatic reaction to the pain I experienced before I " passed " I don't know, science stuff. All I know is I didn't experience a happily ever after. Maybe I burned in hell a little bit. Who knows. I don't know. Made me grateful to be alive and try to be a better person although I'm probly still a piece of shit.

Apparently, everyone here is permitted to State thier opinion here, other than me without you taking issue. Especially considering the last person to comment joked about the 2018 bit as well and you haven't said shit to them. I've actually had civil banter with the OP and yet you continue to single me out for your ration of shit. Your an almighty moderator. If you take issue with what I have to say, go ahead and delete my account. No skin off my ass. If your what this site is all about, I have no interest anyway. You obviously need it more than I do for validation.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Huh, I thought this thread would be a heck of alot more philosophical than this by now.

I consider myself a Pagan. I have for a long time. Mainly because I pick things from different religions and put them together into my own. The hard lines in my beliefs is that any sort of organized religion is going to skew actual faith, and that nature and the universe are "God". Not any single entity.

Seriously though, screw organized religion. All of it. From Buddism to Islam to Christianity. It creates a sense of superiority in people, and that is how we get war...and anti-abortion protestors.

However, many lessons can be learned from the texts of all the religions. The Bible, the Koran, The Torah, Greek Mythology, Norse Mythology, ect.

As my Mom told me along time ago:

"Did you know the 'Bible' is a acronym? It stands for 'Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth'. Dont take it literally."

• Agree
Reactions: RoadFlower33

jimmyf

Reaction score
Huh, I thought this thread would be a heck of alot more philosophical than this by now.

I consider myself a Pagan. I have for a long time. Mainly because I pick things from different religions and put them together into my own. The hard lines in my beliefs is that any sort of organized religion is going to skew actual faith, and that nature and the universe are "God". Not any single entity.

Seriously though, screw organized religion. All of it. From Buddism to Islam to Christianity. It creates a sense of superiority in people, and that is how we get war...and anti-abortion protestors.

However, many lessons can be learned from the texts of all the religions. The Bible, the Koran, The Torah, Greek Mythology, Norse Mythology, ect.

As my Mom told me along time ago:

"Did you know the 'Bible' is a acronym? It stands for 'Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth'. Dont take it literally."

I’m similar to you though I don’t consider myself pagan. However, I don’t fully agree with the superiority, but a large part of me still agrees.

I believe God wants His followers to be humble and not have the superiority complex. I believe a lot of religions do it in response to Christianity, and because low key, their souls know they haven’t found truth making them overcompensate to a certain extent.

I don’t believe every word of the Bible is truth, but I don’t believe I have the authoritty to decipher true and false for anyone aside from myself. I believe a time will come when others do that.

Islam is probably the only religion I look at and think, damn, I understand exactly why these people will never want to change their beliefs. The book is legit scary yet contains some rather intelligent points in regards to other religions. However, my thoughts were, just because they can prove everyone else wrong, that does not make them right.

I also look at God as everything in this world similar to quantum physics not this dude who walked the Earth with a beard and long hair. I just view Him as one giant spirit.

roughdraft

Reaction score
the one thing i take from Christianity is...to say <I am Christian> should be more an adjective than a noun..so many i think just say 'oh im a Christian because i go to church" but how many of them really act like Christ? which as far as i know, although that is very little, is about sacrificing yourself..resources time etc whatever...for the good of others

@jimmyf do you have any thoughts on this?

• Love It
Reactions: Coywolf

Jimmy Beans

Bad Order Hoghead
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Apparently, everyone here is permitted to State thier opinion here, other than me without you taking issue. Especially considering the last person to comment joked about the 2018 bit as well and you haven't said shit to them. I've actually had civil banter with the OP and yet you continue to single me out for your ration of shit. Your an almighty moderator. If you take issue with what I have to say, go ahead and delete my account. No skin off my ass. If your what this site is all about, I have no interest anyway. You obviously need it more than I do for validation.

Settle down, you're not a victim. Nobody is singling you out. You said something I felt wasn't really too cool to BirdDaddy. If you think I'm the only one who feels that way I encourage you to look at the 4 "agree" ratings on my original comment to you. I think we can agree that at least up till there you were coming off kinda douchee right?

Ok so I was cool just ending it there but you come back with some fuck you-nicorn image so I'm like okay I guess we're doing this? I notice you're awfully educated on exactly what god is about so I hit you up with a question. For this I'm an almighty moderator singling you out with a ration of shit... okay.. I'm so sorry you feel attacked. I'll be sure to go easier on you than everyone else, you seem overly defensive/sensitive/fussy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads