The oldest fairy tale known to date | Squat the Planet

The oldest fairy tale known to date

• Thread starter Deleted member 22934
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 22934

The Bible!!!

Since theres no religion section... Which Im totally fine with by the way.... A world without religion, is what I would call, a big step in the right direction.... Ill just leave this here.

You have to wonder if people feel stupid after someone they knew dissapears. Them, their friends and their whole family get on tv begging and pleading for people to pray about it. Pray that their loved one be returned safely. And eventually the whole world gets to see how much good it did them to pray, when they find the person brutally murdered and tossed along side the highway.. Do they feel stupid for going on public television, asking random people to pray to an invisible man that doesnt exist... Thinking that somehow it would change a real life situation.

This is 2019 for fucks sake! We live in the modern world... Havent we evolved past that yet? God damn, havent we grown past the day of ancient fairy tales? Why do people put up with this shit?

I watch a lot of documentaries and everytime someone is raped, strangled, thrown in a river, or burried in a shallow grave, theres no shortage of people, like fuckin nimrods, to get on tv and talk about "well she must be in heaven" or "pray god will bring her home"... Keep telling yourself that morons. Yeah god sure held up his end of the bargain. Get real! WTF?

And how come nobody ever gets on TV and says "He/she was abducted by aliens. The alliens took her to outer space! I guess someday we'll meet again on mars... Why dont you ever hear that? It pisses me off! All the sudden people think they're dillusional...

Why is it that people freely and openly talk about god and heaven and life after death... And nobody tells them how stupid and dillusional they sound.... But some stupid fuck starts talking about alliens and all the sudden, he's the joke of the week.... Neither story is more rediculous than the other, but they're treated differently. Its an injustice within society. Religion should be outlawed and frowned upon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 125

Well I can't wait for the nice comments show up in this thread. To anyone who wants to comment, please remember to keep this shit civil.

D

Deleted member 22934

If people have nothing better to do than fantasize about imaginary creatures, then good for them... But in real life, to talk and act like its a real thing, is straight up dillusional... Have they done any research? Do they have any idea whats going on in this world?

I like to imagine and fantasize about being 6'2" muscular, with a hot blonde girlfriend and a furrari.... Does that make it real? NO! Im short, I dont have a six pack and Ill never have enough money to buy a sports car or ride a hot blonde.... So I wouldnt go around talking about it, like its reality in life...

D

Deleted member 125

If people have nothing better to do than fantasize about imaginary creatures, then good for them... But in real life, to talk and act like its a real thing, is straight up dillusional... Have they done any research? Do they have any idea whats going on in this world?

I like to imagine and fantasize about being 6'2" muscular, with a hot blonde girlfriend and a furrari.... Does that make it real? NO! Im short, I dont have a six pack and Ill never have enough money to buy a sports car or ride a hot blonde.... So I wouldnt go around talking about it, like its reality in life...

Yer right, good for them.

...ok I'm just gonna go ahead and say it, that second part about the height and good looking girlfriend and sports car sounds like yer upset about a whole lot of other stuff besides religion.

D

Deleted member 20683

First of all, you don’t need to drag the entire bible along when you’re talking about Christianity, they only care about a relatively small and late slice of it. It’s a fascinating work of literature all in all and I would not mind if there was a relevant section...im very interested in things like religion, philosophy and literature tho.

Edit: PS arguably there are no fairies in the Bible anyway considering they are part of Celtic folklore.

D

Deleted member 22934

Im totally content. To be honest, my life has been better the last 8 months than it has been for the last 8 years... So this isn't a fit of rage or an outlash of bitterness and rebellion...

Let me just say this, you dont experience and see the things Ive seen and done.... And still believe in god... Its just not possible. The older I get, and the more I learn, the further from religion I become... Religion can be proven false on like a hundred different levels... And the more you learn about the real world and whats going on in the world, the more rediculous religion sounds....

In a totally sober moment, with rational thoughts, I respectfulls say to myself "wtf is wrong with people?" Cant they keep their dillusions to themselves? If they believe in mythical dragons, jesus christ, and flying pigs.... Good for you, but dont go around telling the world about that crap. Ya know? Its a mental illness and they should be heavily medicated

D

Deleted member 22934

First of all, you don’t need to drag the entire bible along when you’re talking about Christianity, they only care about a relatively small and late slice of it. It’s a fascinating work of literature all in all and I would not mind if there was a relevant section...im very interested in things like religion, philosophy and literature tho.

Edit: PS arguably there are no fairies in the Bible anyway considering they are part of Celtic folklore.

Hey dont get me wrong, theres some good and true stuff in the bible. Ive read alot of it.... Theres also true stuff in humpty dumpty, the little red riding hood... Hey the 3 little pigs has a great lesson about the longgevity of building materials.... All 4 have great lessons within, but as a whole....

I like to compare it to a new tool you purchase at home depot... Yea the tool has a purpose, its useful and serves well... But the box and packaging its served up in, is only there to deliver the message.... Same with the bible. Theres useful lessons, and theres wisdom to be learned from proverbs, but a big portion of the bulk is just filler. Alot of it is just there to set the stage. The bible is half wisdom and half horse shit. But you have to be realistic enough to know whats valueable and whats not

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 22934

You ever openned a box that was shipped thru the mail... Burried in a box of packing peanuts is the part you ordered... Not every packing peanut is a valued treasure! Same with the bible. You have to look past the outrageous bulk of it, to find the valuables. Theres some wise proverbs, but that doesnt mean you should take every detail of the whole story and swear by it.

I dont care what you think, and i dont care what anyone thinks. People have taken religion way too far, and someone should tell them how rediculous they sound. Thats all Im saying

D

Deleted member 125

@george990 I get what yer saying, I really do. Im the farthest from being religious or even a spiritual person as somebody could be. But being that the majority of folks on this website most likely feel the same way about religion as you do it seems like a strange place to lash out about it. Plus these wonderful threads tend to lead to a lot of "fuck you I'm right yer wrong" comments which even though they are just a hoot to read sometimes it's nice not having to ask grown ass adults to be civil about who believes in whatever they wanna believe in.

I for one applaud yer bravery on taking a stand against religion on a website where most of us feel the same way. It's truly inspiring.

D

Deleted member 22934

@george990 I get what yer saying, I really do. Im the farthest from being religious or even a spiritual person as somebody could be. But being that the majority of folks on this website most likely feel the same way about religion as you do it seems like a strange place to lash out about it. Plus these wonderful threads tend to lead to a lot of "fuck you I'm right yer wrong" comments which even though they are just a hoot to read sometimes it's nice not having to ask grown ass adults to be civil about who believes in whatever they wanna believe in.

I for one applaud yer bravery on taking a stand against religion on a website where most of us feel the same way. It's truly inspiring.

Well Im glad Im not the only one... And no man, this is a frustration thats been building up for a long time now nd i just needed somewhere to vent for a while.

And apparently Im friends with the wrong people on facebook. Im so god damn sick of all these, "share this post and god will reveal a miracle in your life" and "type amen if you believe god will take you to heaven"

Im so sick of religious EVERYTHING! I wish people would just drop it and never mention it again! Every single day, I see all this stupid shit about god this, and religion that... I wish they would just keep it to themselves. If nobody ever mentioned god or the bible again, I'd run out of things to complain about.... Well, maybe not... But it'd be a good start.

roughdraft

Reaction score
But you have to be realistic enough to know whats valueable and whats not

i hear you on this - we agree there is some valuable content in the literature, in the stories - but when people act as if things can be solved through prayer or simply petition for everyone to 'pray', yeah it is pretty fuckin ridiculous because it's hard to believe it *does* anything and even more importantly- does hardly anyone actually do it?

you know something there was a tornado in Oklahoma, real serious one a whole town all but got put in a bodybag and - i hate to bring this up especially here - but i read one quick news article on it and they got the celebrity twitter shit happening...'prayers for the citizens of this town' and later some guy. not as much a celebrity but still mainstream famous says some shit like 'just want to thank @beyonce and At fuckin so and so for their prayers. All i could send to <town people suffering extra hard> was money' And i thought Talk that shit bro....enough said....

so i don't actually know the bible, aside from a few smidgens right..."forgive those who know not what they do"...."get stoned whilst ye lay with another man"...."why have you forsaken me". I so far in life really don't give a fuck to read the bible, mainly because I can hear the stories from other people and hopefully establish friendship with them and satisfy their need for chat, easy.

i have never prayed because i think it's just plain ridiculous....but I admit to have some spiritual beliefs, you could say it's akin to the belief in extraterrestrials - I'm chill about my beliefs - it's just like a little bonus in life to me. I'm not raving about it. pressing people on it.

other people definitely blow out of proportion the value of *it all* - but why? Heed these words - the reason is it is a weak and pathetic world.

people not only....rape and murder each other.....but then there are the loved ones and company who have to deal with the reality of it....people are afraid on so many levels, you know what I'm saying? So they cling to something that makes it all better to escape from their inability to live their lives well and as well cope with the evil bullshit other people do. our society is ass. religion is still a thing because we are still so low grade

it's kinda like self perpetuating viscious cycle, people need religion because we're collectively dense and unwilling to just 'be'- let alone 'be' the best one can be - and it reinforces our/their own technically pathetic way of being. and it's so much worse than that - look at the state of the world, we've got people starving and freezing and cheating each other and wasting their own good fortune - and you wonder why some people want to just shout Christ saves!! and get all caught up in it til there's drool coming off of their lips ?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20240

Screenshot_20190209-070004~2.png

Holy shit, it's 2018!

I've been living the last 2 months in 2019!

Thanks for the post man.
Otherwise I wouldn't have known I had traveled into the future from January 1st until February 8th!

No thanks man. I think I'll skip out on getting my life advice from someone who doesn't even know what year thier living in.

BTW; God IS an alien ::soapbox::

D

Deleted member 20240

You ever openned a box that was shipped thru the mail... Burried in a box of packing peanuts is the part you ordered... Not every packing peanut is a valued treasure! Same with the bible. You have to look past the outrageous bulk of it, to find the valuables. Theres some wise proverbs, but that doesnt mean you should take every detail of the whole story and swear by it.

I dont care what you think, and i dont care what anyone thinks. People have taken religion way too far, and someone should tell them how rediculous they sound. Thats all Im saying

If you don't care what people think, why did you post the thread? You obviously care, or else you wouldn't have bothered.

Last edited:

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 48919
Holy shit, it's 2018!

I've been living the last 2 months in 2019!

Thanks for the post man.
Otherwise I wouldn't have known I had traveled into the future from January 1st until February 8th!

No thanks man. I think I'll skip out on getting my life advice from someone who doesn't even know what year thier living in.

BTW; God IS an alien ::soapbox::
Idk about your logic at all. To judge sombodys entirety on a single mistake or typo... This makes sense. entirely too much logic there.

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score

Soooo, I don't like to get into this kind of thing on the web... on the note of taking it to far. There were religions b4 christ there have been some created after. Most were a way to give reason to life, control the masses, hope, teach lessons and morality... the why religion list goes on.... As far as Christianity goes, I have a conspiracy on that. It coinsides with the new world order. Religion was created to form a belief system so government could manipulate the populace with there own moral compass... give reason to genocide, the invasion and conquest of entire continents and forced religion under penilty of law... enforced by a government... given rights by God!!! Does this not sound like word magic? Is this not minde control? How the fuck are ppl so blinde? #george990 you asked how did it go this far? You ask why do alian ubducties not make it to main stream media? I ask you this. Who owns the federal reserv? Who owns the national or federal banks in other nations? Who owns the news stations? Who owns google? What does THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA INCORPORATED mean to you? Why did the revolution happen? Why are all our major government buildings in Washington DC? Why is our national reserv in Washington DC? Who owns Washington DC? What is the UCC (universal commercial code)? What is maritime law? What is the constitution? What is a citizen? What is a pirate? Answer this list and go back to pondering why religion exist so strongly to day and why Christianity is the only religion the USA won't give political refuge for.....

Reactions: Odin and roughdraft

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads