The oldest fairy tale known to date

• Thread starter Deleted member 22934
  • Start date

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I get it, I was once also born again and yeah its obsurd programming for sure. My experience as a born again really opened me up to the insane ideals of mind control and government

• Agree
Reactions: roughdraft

roughdraft

Reaction score
i briefly considered myself a born-again Christian after having good chat with a couple 'devout' Christians one winter living in the northwest. basically what struck me was that every spirit exists and it could be that Christ is effectively the big fish in a small pond (that being the universe) then I realized i was just smoking way way too much fucking hash

• Haha
Reactions: Coywolf and AAAutin

Dameon

Reaction score
Those songs are straight up brainwashing, that's why the repetition. So it gets driven into your brain, and stays there for good. They're also nearly always sung right before collection, because people will give more after being part of a crowd singing together. It's a powerful experience, and basically puts you into a state where you're very suggestible, right before the pastor starts drilling some Jesus into your head.

Churches use the exact same tactics as cults. They draw you in by telling you you're an evil sinner, but dangling the idea that if you join them, you'll no longer be a bad person. Once you join, you're showered with love, and they all invite you to social outings to the point where you basically only have Christian friends. If you leave the church, you're denounced and called a "backslider", and suddenly you won't have any friends and won't get invited to anything. When you run into your former friends in public, they'll tell you that you can be restored to grace and have everything like it was if you just go back to serving Jesus.

Brainwashing is a real tool that religions use pretty much openly without it being considered an issue just because most people are religious. Religions have literally evolved (google memetics) to be the best they can at basically taking over your brain and making you a carrier of that religion. It's not coincidence that Catholicism prohibits birth control, or Mormonism encourages people to have as many children as they can. A great essay on this is Viruses of the Mind , by Richard Dawkins.

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
not kidding, i think i heard that song on the radio going through Roseburg one time. it was inspiring after the first couple repeats, then i went thru about every uncomfortable emotion realizing how bad of a mantra it is

That doesnt surprise me, coming from Roseburg....

And ya, those songs were developed by the Church as a form of mind control. Organized religion is just a way to control the populous, period. I believe that faith has very little to do with any church organizations. Look at the LDS hierarchy. I mean, Jesus (literally), those people are obviously using the church as a form of control. They are the only ones who can "hear the word of God"? You can literally buy your way into the Quorum of Twelve.

Reactions: Desperado Deluxe

RoadFlower33

Born Wild
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Good talk, good talk.

MFB

Reaction score
That doesnt surprise me, coming from Roseburg....

And ya, those songs were developed by the Church as a form of mind control. Organized religion is just a way to control the populous, period. I believe that faith has very little to do with any church organizations. Look at the LDS hierarchy. I mean, Jesus (literally), those people are obviously using the church as a form of control. They are the only ones who can "hear the word of God"? You can literally buy your way into the Quorum of Twelve.

Under the Banner of Heaven, John Krakauer, such a good book about the LDS. Insane, fact is way stranger than fiction shit.

• Agree
Reactions: Coywolf

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Under the Banner of Heaven, John Krakauer, such a good book about the LDS. Insane, fact is way stranger than fiction shit.

That book is great. Almost better than Inti The Wild. It gives you a good look into the religion, and the extremist sects that spurred off of it.

MFB

Reaction score
That book is great. Almost better than Inti The Wild. It gives you a good look into the religion, and the extremist sects that spurred off of it.
All his stuff is REALLY good. A great compact writer and a great research jounalist.
He wrote a good book on the rape scandals in Missoula and the 96 Everest disaster, plus a lot of his own climbing stuff. Sharp dood.
Highly recommend reading anything he has written.

Shaggy Rogers

Reaction score
If people have nothing better to do than fantasize about imaginary creatures, then good for them... But in real life, to talk and act like its a real thing, is straight up dillusional... Have they done any research? Do they have any idea whats going on in this world?

I like to imagine and fantasize about being 6'2" muscular, with a hot blonde girlfriend and a furrari.... Does that make it real? NO! Im short, I dont have a six pack and Ill never have enough money to buy a sports car or ride a hot blonde.... So I wouldnt go around talking about it, like its reality in life...
Ive actually said something way too close to this recently. Is gross to hear it on the news for EVERY story. Like imagine if one day everyone just realized that science and logic is right. I cant even imagine how fucking amazing it would be.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads