The gum disease GINNNNGIVITIS!

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Or that's what I'm assuming it is. The gum area around my teeth bleed a few times a day, and my toothbrush is usually about 50% blood after I'm done brushing. My teeth look fine, so I'm assuming it's gingivitis. I used to brush once a day, but now I brush twice and soak my mouth in whatever mouthwash I can find.

Given the fact that I'm broke and on the road, a dentist is pretty much out of the question. Anyone know any home-remedies, or ways to cut this shit back? My gums don't hurt or anything, but the bleeding is starting to become a pain in the ass.

ReturnTrip

Reaction score

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hmmm i'm not sure if you should take my advise, but if i were in your situation i would gargle peroxide once a day. tastes like shit but its completely safe. Alot of mouth washes put peroxide to prevent gingivitis.

M

Mouse

yep yep you got the sickness. but you can maintain it with reg. brushing and use MOUTHWASH... it's not just for when the liquor stores are closed on sunday, it actually works!

mine got realyl bad but i just brushed more and made sure to use mothwash daily

Double-A

Reaction score
gingivitis can be bad shit, but you probably caught it semi-early. make sure that when you brush, you massage you gums with your brush to stimulate gum regrowth around your teeth. also, try not to sleep with your mouth open, dry mouth plays a big part in it too. go to wal-mart and lift biotene toothpaste, it doesn't foam like regular paste, but you'll have better looking gums in about a week.

Double-A

Reaction score
no problem. prior to my last visit to the dentist, i had been 13. i am now 19 and really hate that i waited that long to go back. now i'm stuck with gums that will more than likely never get back to normal, and teeth that could be in better shape. that's what fear of dentists can do to ya i guess.
p.s.
somethin 'bout the fire water- it never helps gums or teeth. my dentist said that my drinking habits more than likely had something to do with my quick digression.

T

Tailz

no problem. prior to my last visit to the dentist, i had been 13. i am now 19 and really hate that i waited that long to go back. now i'm stuck with gums that will more than likely never get back to normal, and teeth that could be in better shape. that's what fear of dentists can do to ya i guess.
p.s.
somethin 'bout the fire water- it never helps gums or teeth. my dentist said that my drinking habits more than likely had something to do with my quick digression.

i used to drink pure grain all the time and i got the same response for my degenerative gums. but the massaging of the gums helps, mine are pretty much fine now. hahah, i fuckin hate dentists, i refuse to go... just read books on modern and eastern medicinal practices.

streetrat

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
my gums are pretty shitty.
it runs in my family though as far as i know
iv always brushed twice a day, assuming i have that option, and used mouthwash...
my gums still bleed : [

D

dVEC

Use Listerine, NOT Scope or other shit. The listo has thyme and eucalyptus oils which are real good for oral health, plus other stuff to fight the inflammation and infection. Scope is basically just flavored vodka.

Lots of spicy foods and "good" omega-3 fats will help fight the inflammation really well. Try to avoid trans/hydrogenated fats which aggravate inflammation.

Oral health has huge effects on the whole body - it's the number one route of systemic infections. Women with gingivitis are significantly more likely to have premature babies, and there's a really strong link to cardiovascular health and heart attacks, as well (because of the inflammation involved). Most anthropologists now agree that oral disease was the number one cause of death among pre-civilized humans. How's that for some shit?

Kobet Pahana

Reaction score
one thing that worked for a friend when he had it forever was picking oregon grape root, breaking it to a sharp point and using it as a toothpick, he said it worked pretty much right away

snor

Reaction score
Whatever you do don't use alcoholic mouthwashes (like listerine), use biotene and a few others (there expensive, but small and easy to steel). The alcohol can actually deteriorate your gums. I've spit out mini chunks of my gums before. Also get a toothbrush with really soft brissels. I've had Gingi for about 6 years now, my teeth be much better now cause a little "TLC".

marc

Reaction score
i need to get some of that special toothpaste and mouthwash. my gums are so fucked up i can barely eat.

snor

Reaction score
With certain gum diseases, your gums are super sensative. Alcohol can eventually erode your gums... if you have the problem, you'll know when you rinse your mouth.... It's painful

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads