The age old question

captnjack

Reaction score
Go Florida and you're overly annoying PC punks.
fuckinacotton.
this sounds like when my friends band came into town from n. carolina and they were done with their set but people were like one more song, so they blasted off it like 14 seconds of just noise and than screamed FAGGOT! and this happened in gainesville so of course everyone started freaking out.
seriously people, words are words, which is why i dont give a FUCK about saying FUCK.

Ivy

Reaction score
seriously people, words are words, which is why i dont give a FUCK about saying FUCK.

This is what I'm talking about.

Just because *YOU* don't care, doesn't mean that someone else feels the same way.

The whole "words are words" argument, as if they exist in a vacuum, is nonsense. We're humans. We communicate primarily through, get this, our words. So don't try to pass the buck by saying that they don't matter.

captnjack

Reaction score
yeah, i know that that's our main communication, but what makes them "BAD" words? to where we're not allowed to say them? I don't care who you are, it's stupid to become offended by a word. that's just my opinion.

captnjack

Reaction score
dude, im pansexual. ive been spit in my face and called queer and have had people attempt to come after me, yeah, i think its fucked up. OR instead of getting offended i can embrace the term and over use it until it no longer has a negative meaning.
i'm hear and i'm queer, so what, faggots.
just being from where i am from, i can't fucking stand pc-punkx anymore!

cranberrydavid

Reaction score
captnjack, I wasn't meaning you in particular, and it's none of my business what words anybody uses. But reading through this thread I get the idea some people here have never seen the violence that goes with hate speech.

Fucking around with these words in the wrong place is like fucking around with guns. They can be useful at times, but if you don't understand what you're doing you can get into serious trouble.

For example, a friend of mine used to be in the habit of using the word "nigger" with all his black friends with the same idea of wearing it out. One day he used it to a stranger and was lucky to only get his jaw broken. He ate through a straw for the next 4 weeks, and when they unwired his jaw he was a lot more careful about that word.

So yeah, words can hurt. Use em if you want. I just have trouble with the idea that they're "just words".

captnjack

Reaction score
I totally get what you're saying, i was just alwasy one of those kids growing up where everyone told me to watch my mouth. i get defensive about some of my beliefs sometimes, i guess.
no hard feelings :D

D

Deleted member 125

i dont say fag of refer to stuff i dont like as being gay, but i realy only get offended when somebody says something like "look at those 2 faggots kissing fucking gay ass queer homos" or something like that. but that doesnt come up much since people i surround myself with arnt assholes. well at least in that respect.

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
but i realy only get offended when somebody says something like "look at those 2 faggots kissing fucking gay ass queer homos" or something like that.

arg, I hate my for entering this shotstorm, but yeah, I agree whit this.
There is a big diference between slang, and being an asshole.
It is all context! context! context!

shwillyhaaa

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
oh man i just have to point out that you guys are using "inb4" im sorry this seems like shit is just getting to be a bit too much about being online than anything -shrug- but when has my opinion ever mattered... tho thats no reason to keep my mouth shut, fuck that

MrD

Internet SuperHero
Reaction score
Website
www.sometimesmotion.com
oh man i just have to point out that you guys are using "inb4" im sorry this seems like shit is just getting to be a bit too much about being online than anything -shrug- but when has my opinion ever mattered... tho thats no reason to keep my mouth shut, fuck that

404. point not found.

jon

Reaction score
Website
www.jonproulx.com
punk shows are not a place to be all touchy about language. Had they been actually threatening in their intent it would be boot party time, but it seems that was obviously not the intent so I say so what:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads