Stranded as fuck in EL CENTRO

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Oh? Then WHY are you even utilizing modern computer technology? Let alone a WEBSITE ABOUT TRAVELING?!

Right there, you're a hypocrite.

Umm... Yes. Yes, it does. And, helping new travelers to be safer when first starting out. That's literally the entire point of the book.

... I don't even know how to respond to that.
You do know that, even in 2018, young kids are STILL getting kicked out onto the street by their shithead parents/guardians for not being heteronormative, among other stupid reasons, right? What the fuck are they supposed to...

Oh. You can go fuck yourself.

An arrogant, pretentious, entitled shitfuck. That's what you come off as. You're a negative element in the traveler community. Have you never heard of the Hobo Code of Ethics?!

... What, and accidentally get themselves permanently injured or killed, simply because they're not "experienced" enough for YOUR tastes?

GO.
FUCK.
YOURSELF. ::finger::

Hey now, I don't disagree with you for the most part, but let's not be mean, okay?

warzx

Reaction score
@ OP
Your mentality of saving the secrets for the elite travelers is super flawed. Why are you even on STP asking for help. Aren't you the "Yuppie traveler" in this circumstance. Isn't the point of this site to escape the exact shit your putting out. Nice try buddy but that mentality will just fuck you up.

• Haha
Reactions: Odin

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I simply believe that certain things should be learned. Achieved. Unlocked, if you will.

What is the difference between being a newbie... searching the internet and finding a travel forum... then that forum happens to have an a productive member compiling a "book" of data and offering it to me?

Or achieving the knowledge by other means. Say I was a newbie to a secret society... and I patiently learned the inner workings... and then found my way to a secret library and procured the knowledge I desired

I think the point being... its not dangerous to distribute knowledge... it's dangerous not too...

We can only progress... and if your scared of losing your dumpster or squat because more folks become socially conscious? Then whats the point?

Ryan Patrick

Reaction score
I recently came across matt's book, the anarchists guide..
Got it from a friend named toasty.
Toasted tramp on insta.
Him and i both agree that the book overwhelmingly SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FUCKING PUBLISHED BECAUSE CERTAIN SECRETS ARE LEFT TO BE DISCOVERED AND NOT TO BE GIVEN AWAY FREELY,
That being said, i do believe this website is a great thing.
Im toad, my instagram is @Toadandspur
Thats the only way to get aholf of me.
Ive been doing this for about 8 years, ive been everywhere i could ever want to go on this continent and most of europe. I can and will help with any freight info i can, mostly NS between carolina and indy, the BNSF from nm to cali, and the UP from seattle down and over to pocatello ID.
I currently am stranded in EL Centro California. The freight doesnt stop or even slow, and NOBODY WILL PICK ANYONE UP here. Im looking to spange up a motorcycle.
I have a permanent camp at slab city between pirate camp and the library 3 years running.
Nice to meet you.
Get at me.
I'm technically stranded in New Mexico, my means of travel will be by greyhound here in a couple of days. Lost my job out here..Currently at a friend's and I don't have long..wanting to get out there and beat feet! I have a guy who has been giving me some info at slab city..where I would like to go..don't have anyone to go with either.

MolotovMocktail

Subverting from within
Reaction score
I'm technically stranded in New Mexico, my means of travel will be by greyhound here in a couple of days. Lost my job out here..Currently at a friend's and I don't have long..wanting to get out there and beat feet! I have a guy who has been giving me some info at slab city..where I would like to go..don't have anyone to go with either.

Hey, this isn't really the right place for that. Try posting a new thread with some info about yourself in the introductions section. Welcome to StP!

anterrabae

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
754 Weather Vane Dr, Borrego Springs, CA 92004, US
Only read the opening post, because I have better things I should be doing, but very glad to see more of your kind around here, TAS .. it's the only reason I keep coming back

And if I'd seen ur thread sooner I'd have driven out there myself, here from borrego, to scoop you up. I'm sorry, dude.. El Centro is not a fun stick to be stuck by. Hope all is well by this point... no shame PMing me at any time for anything.

Peace.

Reactions: Toadandspur

Goldenvoid

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
There is a local transit bus to Yuma for 2$ three times a week
Plus there is a good signing spot a couple blocks down from the Loves truck stop. 100$ a day there. Plus an Arby's with a wierd out of the sun spot/camp behind it right near the sign flying spot .Easier to get out of yuma

Last edited:

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads