stp banner

tober

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i am wondering what the general interpretation amongst members here is, as to what the banner on top of the STP page is? considering the image can be potentially illusionary. matt and i have some disagreements about it, and are curious as to whaat other people, think it depicts. the one with the orange sunset.

tober

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
i, like the rest of you assumed it was a horse. some lonesome cowboy riding off into the sunset. but matt insists that there is no horse, and its just a guy sitting on a fence. we just wanted to see what others thought.

Labea

Reaction score
what do you have to say for yourself matt? haha.

i liked when the banner changed. and i think it would be cool if certain submitted photos taken by some members that were truly good pictures were displayed on the top. but i dont really care, it would just be really neat.

i like errythang you've done with the site, keep it up!

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
yup guy on a horse.....
ok why a guy on a horse? shouldn't the banner be like SUPER train core with like a open box car & some dirty kid drinking a 40 with his arm around some hot babe and a dog at their side? you know your average nuclear family......

Double-A

Reaction score
i don't know. i think it could possibly be someone with a child on their shoulders looking into the sunset.

as for the site, matt, you've done a damn good job. i think it's pretty cool that you take time out of your life so that we can have a space to bounce ideas and shit off of each other. i've always wanted to do something like this, but lack the skills. and if i did do something like this, it would look godawful. so thank you.

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
as for the site, matt, you've done a damn good job. i think it's pretty cool that you take time out of your life so that we can have a space to bounce ideas and shit off of each other. i've always wanted to do something like this, but lack the skills. and if i did do something like this, it would look godawful. so thank you.

cheers to that! ya thanks matt for makeing this space.

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
haha, thanks everyone! okay, now i do have to admit that i guess i didnt put too much thought into the top pic, nor looked at it too closely, because i just assumed it was a traveler kid sitting on a fence somewhere (i got the image from flickr)until toberborgan told me it was a horse last week. i guess my brain is just wired wierd or something. we had a good laugh about it, so we decided to ask you all and see what the concensus was :)

D

dirty_feet

ArrowInOre said:
...Matt, this site is t it's peak of wicked awesomeness

Uh oh - go out while you're on top Matt!!! Time to retire!

AhHHA - this post is HILARIOUS. Leave it to Wider to post a blown up clarified image of the thing just to show it's indeed NOT a fence post. AHAHAhAHHAAH - I mean - that's a pretty big fence post that kid is sitting on there in comparison to the others - no no no - it's the sitting post!!! SHEESH!!! Hasn't anyone ever seen these!?!?! They're all OVER the fence lines - especially in Wyoming. DUH.

finn

Playground Monitor
Reaction score
It looks like an old cigarette ad! Ha ha, I'm sure you can photoshop in some more interesting silhouettes.

Shoestring

Professional Hobo
Banned
Reaction score
Rolling, empty boxcars to Sioux Falls, South Dakot
Website
www.youtube.com
It's actually a lady wearing a 1920's style dress while she's lighting a cigarette!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads