Socks

iTch

Reaction score
I've been having trouble with frequent holes in the cheep ass generic socks that I typically use. I was wondering if anyone has a favorite sock brand, or place to find them? I need a new, sturdy, warm pair of socks and I'd like to know if any of ya have suggestions.
thanks

sprout

Reaction score
boutdo4.jpg

sprout

Reaction score
You can probably get some awesome wool socks at nearly any sports outlet store or army surplus store. They might be pricey for socks, but definitely better than needing to get freshies once every few days.

Apples

Reaction score
Agreed with the wool. I tend to find hiking socks pretty durable although I tend to liberate them from stores as opposed to buying them.

xbocax

Reaction score
I try to stay away from wool as much as possible. I know that generally wool is supposed to be harvested in the shedding/molting seasons of the animal but I've read several articles on how alot of times the animals are kept in horrible conditionss and often times while combing off the wool chunks of skin are pulled off. Anyone know any humane brands out there?

Gudj

Oogle
Reaction score
Website
wolfmode.wordpress.com
I like cheap ass generic socks because I don't have to worry about them falling apart. Plus I could never afford as many nice socks as I carry cheap socks, and I would get busted stealing them to.

Fred Meyers has better than shit generic socks that are easy to grab.

Sorry I did not help answer your question.

boucaneer

Reaction score
i have been thinking of buying a circular hand cranked kniting machine. great for making socks and hats, leggings etc. you could sell them to make a few bucks. they reakon you could make a pair of socks in one evening.

i think bond do one and there are a lot of old victorian ones around. i would like to have a lightwieght one i could keep on my boat. i saw some wool today for 50p.

it would'nt matter if the socks were made of all different colors of wool and thrifts. just like the jumpers the pirates used to wear years ago, made up of all odd scraps of yarn.

i realy want one of these machines.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads