So tell me about new mexico (1 Viewer)

Maxnomad

I've been muted for 30 days.
muted
Current Location
San Luis Obispo
I might have a line on a place to crash, kinda in the stix in a town called vallecitos. Anybody been there? What's good in nm more generally?

Click here to buy one of our amazing custom bandanas!

Coywolf

Mastering the Art of Houselessness
Top Poster of the Month
Current Location
Northern Arizona
Website
www.youtube.com
Generally, the scenery, the food, and the history. Other than that there are a shit load of sketchy places in NM. The hitching is hard, and the yards are even harder.

But I like the state. Never been to the place you mention. I cant stress the scenery and ability ot get away though

marmar

Current Location
New mexico
Its very beautiful in northern part. A well known place for travellers to settle, like buying a cheap piece of desert and living on it. Taos Mesa is kinda like a permanent slabs. I live in taos now, so if anything feel free to come say hello

Older Than Dirt

Wanderer
Current Location
Upstate
Shit tons of mountain town sax.
Huh? Mountain town saxophone? Mountain town sex? Both sound potentially scary.

NM is pretty, and has many old hippies, Indians, and Mexicans, and excellent Mexican food.

i had very good luck hitching there in May, and a Navajo dude who picked me up literally forced me to take a $10 bill from him. If you have alcohol on the reservations, the tribal cops will confiscate.

As to what @Coywolf said, i think there are lots of sketchy ppl in most places there, mostly cholo gangster dudes, tweaker rednecks and cops, but i had no trouble avoiding all 3.

Actually hung with 3 cholo gangsters and their Caucasian disciple, all four fresh out of prison, on the bus into NM from Texas, and smoked weed with them (theirs and mine) at an endless bus layover.

Last edited:

Sleyeborg

Lurker
Current Location
Roswell nm
Lol yea. My auto correct has a mind of it's own. There is a lot of mountain saxophone around here. For sure. New mexico is rad. There is no one word definition. Like nebraska is just fields. New mexico is alot.

MFB

Wayfarer
Current Location
CO
Orlando's in Taos! 😍 One of my fave resteraunts ever. So good.
Red or green? Christmas please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$20.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $20.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $20.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $20.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $20.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

van dwelling in san antonio. about to get on the road to oregon or someplace by end of the month. i'm still so fucked up about my dear friend @Multifaceted passing away and need to get out of our hometown..
Confirmation that travel expenses will be covered has been APPROVED! I'M OUTTA HERE!
For years now I've been told to check out r/vagabond and I looked into it. Its terrible and I'm glad i haven't met those people.
Glad to be active again here on STP. I realize now how much I missed this community
Heading to Oregon this week...anyone wanna ride along?
I'm leaving MN in Spring!
Does anyone here have experience with shops yard in L.A., i could use a little advice.
Hey all, been a while, a lot has happened! A little update, my bf got charged with domestic & my shoulder is sprained: things are in the works right now and my plan is to get an RV & GTF outta here!

Staff online