Smart Criminals.

kecleon

Reaction score
Most people I met in prison weren't stupid but did something stupid that landed then there. A little mistake or random event can really fuck you.

But hell you don't even need to commit a crime so that should show you it's definitely not just stupid criminals, you can just be really unlucky. Being the wrong color, in the wrong place, at the wrong time, with the wrong people or fitting the right description. Guildford Four, Maguire seven, Birmingham six. Basically a bomb just went off, you're Irish, catholic, no alibi? Life sentence. From what I gather that's pretty much how it is being black in the USA. With different parameters obviously.

I know they say everyone in prison is innocent but the sarcasm is barely even warranted nowadays.

I'd happily release probably 8 out of 10 prisoners and have them as my fellow citizens. It's not smart people who don't go to prison it's evil, really fucked up people committing crimes far worse than any prisoner ever has. You can be smart and not want to be an evil cunt.

But you with your guns and dope you're just lucky. You get in some unforeseen situation and the whole thing is fucked and you're in with everyone else telling yourself how stupid you are and going over every small thing that landed you there.

• Useful
Reactions: Odin

kecleon

Reaction score
And all this the underclasses should stand up for themselves and realise this and that. The "underclasses" have fucking PTSD from being beaten down so hard then pissed on everyday.

Anyone going on about what people need to do or should be doing is the one who should be fucking doing something rather than being a keyboard anarchist or sitting in their comfy middle class telling other people what to do. Really put yourself out there and if you're still alive see if you still want to rise up and fight the good fight after they're finished with you.

Reactions: Dmac

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Examine the art thief, the jewel thief, the white collar criminal, the forger, the safecracker... Who can provide a passport? Who can provide credit cards? There is a hierarchy. At the top are men who are slick-cat burglars. At the bottom are riffraff. The difference is technical acumen. Finesse. And skill. Only a ruffian carjacks. Or holds up a liquor store. But the criminal who never gets caught....the criminal whose crimes are never even noticed until he's long gone....that is the man who poses the true threat to the status quo.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Great example of the difference between the man who leaves nothing to chance, and the fool: Scott scurlock ALWAYS kept a fresh battery, new tires, and legal registration on his getaway vehicles. It took Seattle PD years to catch him. Not hours, or weeks. Years. Survival of the fittest.

kecleon

Reaction score
Are you talking about people from movies? In real life I was in prison with a skilled super careful forger who got busted when they tracked the money they paid him with. Credit cards are pretty much the bottom of the pile netting a few dollars each and being skimmed by waiters/waitresses and used for such relatively low amounts that no one bothers to really try and catch anyone until it's super easy.

Most of the highly professional robberies in recent times people have still gone down for. Big ticket art thiefs are in general eventually caught. Jewel thiefs sometimes get away but most successful jewel thiefs are essentially smash and grabs then get out the country. The more elaborate something is the more chances for it to go wrong to be spotted to be caught. It's not like oceans 11 or the Italian job. The successful criminals aren't that smart they're just nobody, people from different countries that no one knows highly difficult to trace who commit crime far away then run. While it's perfectly true your average cop is a fucking moron they do have vaguely intelligent people working there and its gotten pretty easy to surveil, find and track people nowadays.

Last edited:

kecleon

Reaction score
Great example of the difference between the man who leaves nothing to chance, and the fool: Scott scurlock ALWAYS kept a fresh battery, new tires, and legal registration on his getaway vehicles. It took Seattle PD years to catch him. Not hours, or weeks. Years. Survival of the fittest.

Guys dead at 41 after police find him, accomplices rot in prison......

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
All I'm saying is to rely more on finesse than on brute force. Nobody admires, you know, a mugger who offs an old lady for 6 bucks. But anyone can admire db cooper. Yeah scurlock got it in the end. But prior to that...he had accomplished a heck of a lot of mayhem. And for the most part, the reason he lasted so long was because he was careful.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Cooper probably got eaten by a grizzly bear.
Surklock was an adrenaline junkie... who didn't know when to cash out.
Neither very bright in the Long Run.:p

The highest caliber of criminal are those who have the power to keep from being called into account for they're actions... those who wield the power to wage wars and fleece the populace while manipulating currency and economic conditions.

You know who I'm talking about...

The rest of us, were just scampering squirrels looking for a nut trying to stay out of the snares and avoid the ratshot.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
When planning a crime, there are a few considerations: 1. Have I made preparations to not get caught? 2. How likely is it Mr. Murphy will intrude? How can I minimize unpredictable variables? If a criminal is not thinking rationally, he is a fool and thus deserves his fate. "Crimes of passion" are excusable, but they are nonetheless folly.

pakratpatthemule

Previously packmuler
Reaction score
When planning a crime, there are a few considerations: 1. Have I made preparations to not get caught? 2. How likely is it Mr. Murphy will intrude? How can I minimize unpredictable variables? If a criminal is not thinking rationally, he is a fool and thus deserves his fate. "Crimes of passion" are excusable, but they are nonetheless folly.

I'd argue that a criminal not thinking rationally is acting out of desperation to change their situation. I wouldn't call that person a fool, I'd call them misfortuned. There are people who have the time and advantage to make crime their profession. These people have the luxury of choice. They get to choose, selling drugs and robbing banks as Scurlock did despite his opportunity to finish college and become a doctor. I'd argue that the "ruffians" and "riff raff" as you call them, would rather not rob an old lady or recklessly hold up a liqour store if they were not compelled to do so by the poverty, subordination, and hatred cast upon them by capitalists. I would never label such people as "ruffians" or "riff raff" because I'd be at risk of sounding hopelessly out of touch, completely insensitive, and deplorably pretentious.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Heck no. We, most of us, in this country, have grown up working class. Poverty does not drive anyone into crime: it is neither precondition nor excuse. When I was homeless in a county with no food stamps or soup kitchens, I starved and swiped pizza from buffets. So yes, I was driven to crime through hunger. But would I have robbed, or hurt another? No. Now, many decades later, I know enough to never become that impoverished ever again. But still, one own sense of ethics and honor determine which crimes one will commit. Thus, the criminal who makes the ruling classes look foolish is a robin hood: a folk hero...whereas a mere thug is just that-- with no redeeming qualities.

pakratpatthemule

Previously packmuler
Reaction score
Heck no. We, most of us, in this country, have grown up working class. Poverty does not drive anyone into crime: it is neither precondition nor excuse. When I was homeless in a county with no food stamps or soup kitchens, I starved and swiped pizza from buffets. So yes, I was driven to crime through hunger. But would I have robbed, or hurt another? No. Now, many decades later, I know enough to never become that impoverished ever again. But still, one own sense of ethics and honor determine which crimes one will commit. Thus, the criminal who makes the ruling classes look foolish is a robin hood: a folk hero...whereas a mere thug is just that-- with no redeeming qualities.

I am starting to see what you mean now, though I still feel that people are driven to commit crime due to poverty to at least an extent. Perhaps nature of the crime is born of the intensity of the poverty combined with culture. What I think I better understand is that you're defining a thug/ruffian as someone who commits crime for the sake of crime because they think it's cool or for vain reasons. I find it less problematic to judge those types negatively.

I feel that every one of us has the potential to be woken up to class consciousness and that those who yet aren't are more likely to cause damage to themselves and their subordinated peers in the form of violence, prejudice, and theivery.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Yes. I have absolutely zero tolerance for barbarity, and cruelty. The vicious criminal deserves nothing but the hangman. But perhaps the gentleman, the smooth, polished type who connives and outwits both his victims and the authorities is deserving of some rueful admiration.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
if you are drug user that lives out of a backpack, it can be quite easy to get caught. A backpack has no protections against searches. Neither does a vehicle, even RVs in many circumstances
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_vehicle_exception

So, to not live out of a backpack, you need a license. No license? You need an unique identity. Having access to identitys is one of the prerequisites

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Get creative?

d-battery-secret-compartment.jpg

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Odin is exactly right. Only the slick deserve to continue to roam the streets. Those who are doofy, complacent, etc., will fall by the wayside.

• Haha

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
m&m's?

nawwwww bro...

Load it with;

6757882889_285566fef5_b.jpg

&

a3f3912e68304d7ae5ad19940d01028a.png

(I also believe... Hmmm... I have a way to improve on this particular method...)

Haha... ::smug::

Reactions: Mankini

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Odin is exactly right. Only the slick deserve to continue to roam the streets.

Just to be clear... I don't think only the slick "DESERVE" to roam the streets.

I believe everyone should have freedom of movement and use of wide open spaces; free of harassment by authoritarian antagonists.

(My previous post with the battery was merely encouragement to think outside the box.)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads