Smart Criminals. | Squat the Planet

Smart Criminals.

Mankini

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Pondering questions of legality, illegality, the ''justice system'', and US crime statistics after reading "The New Jim Crow":

http://newjimcrow.com/

Smart criminals don't get caught. People talk alot about legailizing drugs, controlling guns, etc.

But isnt all that meaningless if you are smart about your drug use and gun ownership?

And along those lines, if you are arrested for drug or gun related activity, doesnt that mean you were stupid and thus got caught? Being discreet: If I want cocaine, I go get the cocaine, from a friend and NOT some random who may or may not be an undercover. Then i go somewhere private and snort it. So how are the prisons full of drug offenders? Is it perhaps that they just arent smart enough to buy and consume their drugs with a little common sense? Are the prisons full of imbeciles? And is the modern criminal justice system, like Michelle Alexander implies without realizing, a sort of Social Darwinism?

I argue constantly with conservatives who believe in the 2nd amendment. First off the govt will do what it wants to you. There is no real protection, constitutional or otherwise. People get arrested with unlicensed saturday nite specials every minute of every day. But for me, no cop has ever seen my collection and they dont know i have it because i buy from private sellers....

How difficult is it really, to carry your drugs and weapons somewhere not liable to search by the pigz?!!

Conclusion: The prisons are full of people too stupid to not get caught. And perhaps if theyre that stupid they belong there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Darwinism#Criticism_and_controversy

99.99999% of recidivists are illiterate. 99% have no high school diploma. Now is that a cause of criminality or a result? Why is there a generational, ignorant, criminal underclass? These are questions Alexander and belle hooks cant answer.

http://racism.org/index.php?option=...rty&catid=56&Itemid=179&showall=&limitstart=1

https://web.stanford.edu/class/e297c/poverty_prejudice/soc_sec/hview.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: Brother X

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
Man getting busted for something isn't always as simple as being stupid. Besides a lot of the times it turns out the people that where trusted/friends/allies turn on you in order to save there own ass, and so forth.

I wouldn't even know where to begin on this one...

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
I think if youre slick and play the game like a fox, 9 times out of 10 you should be okay and die an old man in his bed, never having seen the inside of a courtroom.....But I dont know. Hoping people can help me find Enlightenment on this one.

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
I think if youre slick and play the game like a fox, 9 times out of 10 you should be okay and die an old man in his bed, never having seen the inside of a courtroom.....But I dont know. Hoping people can help me find Enlightenment on this one.

I don't know man, Id say you haven't even lived unless you've seen a court room at least once or twice. Im not even joking.

I think your looking at things too black and white here. Life isn't that simple

psychofoamer

asshole
Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.paynepress.com
It's not that simple. Sometimes you're just suddenly talking to the cops for random shit. And then boom! You're in handcuffs and they are rummaging through all your shit and then they find your stash. Additional charges ensue.

When I got a pot charge years ago, it wasn't even my fault. It's a long story but suddenly the cops were kicking in the door of my house cuz of some shit my housemates had done. I got charged with what was in my room. Sucks but that's how it went down

Reactions: Mankini

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
The thing is, the cops are stupid, too. Easy to foil if you keep yer witz about you....For instance, a few years ago I was at the Monterey Jazz Festival as a security guy....Bourgeois were there tokin away like mad, in full view of everyone.....but...they were using little ''one hitters'' that look exactly like cigs...

weed isnt weed; its ''oregano''. Coke isnt ''coke'' if its in a baking soda box...Guns arent found if theyre carbon fiber and stored discreetly.

http://www.christensenarms.com/

The TSA guards airports....But what of private airfields? Theyre Idiots!!! See what I mean? Wanna run RPGs and 1000 kgs of Semtex? easy. if you have access to a piper cub. Now imagine the possibilities if you charter a 727...

The majority of illicit trading occurs in Long Beach and the other harbors. Thats right, the shipping and trans industry; not street level distributors. So the whole system is completely farcical and ludicrous. PS If you call them on this theyll say shipping is too hard to monitor. LOL

People cry about the NSA and CIA but if you use Tor, PGP, etc., its all meaningless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Privacy_Guard

Anybody who uses cellphones in conjunction with their ''private affairs'' is also an idiot and deserves to be caught.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tor_(anonymity_network)

Last edited:

Durp

Reaction score
Idk man, I have a clean record but I think you are mashing this down too finely... I think there are a lot of unpredictable variables, like if you are porkin the da's daughter and he likes you, files tend to "disappear."

Last edited:

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
They arent allowed to get one roommate for something another roommate has done, or search a roommate's room when their warrant is for another roommate.

Its some SCOTUS decision but i've forgotten which one.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
A year ago, I was stopped by National Park pigs after a ''citizen'' reported me for making coffee near an educational center for kids....I toyed with him for a bit, accused the citizenry of media-induced paranoia; and then asked if he had probable cause and mentioned my ''law school'' education...

LOL Theyre idiots. The system is used to dealing with numbfucks who buckle to their bullying and take plea agreements, etc.

Read up on SCOTUS decisions and scare piggies and DAs alike. All in a days work.

Example of smart ones who just got greedy and reckless in the end:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Scurlock

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Blanchard

But see even these two were not thinking far enough outside the box. Money is just binary data. So create that binary data and manipulate it. NOT F--ING Rocket Science.

Last edited:
K

Kim Chee

I read "smart criminals don't get caught" and stopped reading.

Did you know that the smartest person in Jail is NEVER the warden, jailer or even a visiting attorney?

Did you know that there are a lot of stupid cops who don't get jailed because of their brotherhood of criminal, ass covering, code following, spineless invertebrates?

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Please see what i've written. This is more a diatribe on the roots of social inequality than a primer on efficient criminal techniques. lol

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
I apologize. I just started a course in criminology and its got me riled up.

Consider Ken Lay, Martha Stewart, OJ Simpson, Dick Cheney...all exceptions to the rule. Why? Because they know how to play the Game.

Your average con is a sans-culotte who for whatever reason doesnt know to play the Game to his advantage.

What is a criminal? Is he morally bankrupt? Robin Hood? A sociopath? A Counterculture rebel?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enragés

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
when those who have never been to jail start telling others they're stupid for being there that's called class privilege.

Mankini

Banned
Reaction score
Again, refer to Martha Stewart, OJ, Ken Lay, etc. And what of the bankers who caused what happened in 2008? I'm not Zeus, mocking mortals from Olympus. But pointing out inequities.

Besides, how many elitists you know would read something called "The New Jim Crow", then discuss it online? lol

We make our beds, then we lie in them. I dont just blame the criminals, but the society which gave birth to them: the Germans who allowed the Nazis to exist were collaborators. The little guy is no less culpable than the main actors.

Consider the MP's at Abu Ghraib...In a war where state-sanctioned murder, torture, profiteering, etc was commonplace, only a few guys were ever prosecuted. Why? Because they were idiots. This has nothing to do with class.

Last edited:

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Again, refer to Martha Stewart, OJ, Ken Lay, etc. And what of the bankers who caused what happened in 2008? I'm not Zeus, mocking mortals from Olympus. But pointing out inequities.

Besides, how many elitists you know would read something called "The New Jim Crow", then discuss it online? lol

We make our beds, then we lie in them. I dont just blame the criminals, but the society which gave birth to them: the Germans who allowed the Nazis to exist were collaborators. The little guy is no less culpable than the main actors.

i'm really not understanding where you're trying to go with this whole thread, and when you post things like this i feel like it's more an attempt to muddle everyone with confusion rather than answer a question.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads