Photos - Shoes | Page 3 | Squat the Planet

Photos Shoes

kecleon

Reaction score
If you like the converse look the Palladiums like the other guy posted are lime a real tough version, higher quality canvas, the company used to make aeroplane tires and use the same technology to.vulcanise the sole to the canvas they were used by the French military maybe still are, tough as hell and a good sole for trails and stuff not all slippy like a converse. On top of that theyre cheap compared to converses/vans at least here in Europe.

Reactions: tobepxt and Jaguwar

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
anagortravelling.wordpress.com
Fixed my vans for my last 2-months trip to UK (by sewing) but at the end of the journey they seemed to be dead:

v1.jpg

But still wear them:

v2.jpg

:)

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
does software developing not pay enough for a new pair of shoes every now and then @Anagor ? ha ha - or do you like the crusty chic look ?

Hehe ... well, let's say I don't mind wearing ragged clothes/shoes at the moment. And if I would buy some cheap shoes they would look like the old ones in a few weeks anyway.

Not doing much software developing at the moment. A little bit, but still have to write the invoice, so I'm dirt broke most of the time. I make money almost only by spanging atm. (Actually, mostly just sitting somewhere, not actively asking.)

Reactions: Odin and Kal

Kal

Reaction score
Maybe you should go dumpster diving maybe you will get lucky and find a pair of shoes. I found the shoes I am wearing now in a dumpster.

Reactions: Odin and Anagor

Anagor

Reaction score
Website
Maybe you should go dumpster diving maybe you will get lucky and find a pair of shoes. I found the shoes I am wearing now in a dumpster.

Good idea. But you have not only to find the right size, they should also not make your feet stink. I have another pair of shoes I got from a friend (who got them from another friend before). They are comfortable but after a day of wearing my feet were sore and stank. So I decided not to wear them again.

Obviously you had better luck! :)

Reactions: Kal

Odin

ANTISOLIPSIST
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
need my money for tobacco and cider,

Yes I agree this is Top Priority Anagor Good Fellow.

I have suggested it before but looks like those shoes could use some "strong" duct tape. :D

roguetrader

Reaction score
@charmander i had a look at those Palladiums you mentioned and got all excited coz they do some sweet looking boots but then i read a few reviews...... as you say they were of a really high quality once but now they are Made In China people seem to think the quality has gone shit.... shame... it gets harder and harder to buy good quality anything these days

Reactions: Odin
E

etpyh

It might be worth a shot to try the israeli army version of the palladiums. They are made in isreal and -if they are genuine- of solid quality from what I read.
Look for "israel idf boots" or something similar and you should find offers. Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them were fakes though.

Jonesy1997

Reaction score
Airwalks skate shoes....they are usually about £20 in the uk and they are the thick and padded but still shoes so light enough and you can just tuck the laces in if you need to get away in a hurry

Attachments

• 418CUnwSnYL._AC_UL260_SR200,260_.jpg
    418CUnwSnYL._AC_UL260_SR200,260_.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 282
Reactions: Anagor

Coywolf

Make America Freight Again
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
If you get the cash, any set of backpacking shoes or boots are a great investment, they are comfortable, and last a long time.

Keen, Merrel, Sorrel, ect.

That, or boots. I usually carry a pair of wildland firefighting boots and a pair of sandals.

Reactions: Anagor

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads