Seeking someone/someones to ride with in PDX

Pickles

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a newcomer to the world of trains, I've been riding pretty solidly for the past few months, but I pick up quick and I'm already in love with the rails. My buddies have some shit with the law to take care of in their hometown, so I'm on my own. I just hopped from Seattle to Portland last night, I've gotta be in Portland till the 3rd due to fucking jury duty, but I'm looking for some company on my travels after that. I don't really give a shit where we go except that I'd eventually like to get out of the western states, as I haven't done that yet. I can ride alone just fine, but it's nice to have a mentor and a companion, you know? Hit me up if you're in town and want to get out, or just play on some trains. Peace.

D

Deleted member 20

I have been sending my jury cards back stating that I have been convicted of a felony within thier time window on the card. Though actually having conivtions they were like 10 years ago & i'm still supposed to go to jury duty in MASS but fuckem. Its almost a given that once they drag my lazy ass down there that I wont be chosen & I will prob be the first to go in an actual trial. I am done with courts & you cant get me in one unless in manacles & shackles. I would always try to aquit anyway, based on my assumption we are all Guilty until proven innnocent. Sounds like you are a real thorough & responsible train hopper. Be carefull out there "playing on trains", they are fun; but kinda unforgiving.

dirty_rotten_squatter

Reaction score
Just call up the court and ask what race the person that you'd be on jury duty for is...Seems to work with all the people that I've heard it from. But welcome ta stp yo, have fun out there, see ya on the road.

Pickles

Reaction score
I have been sending my jury cards back stating that I have been convicted of a felony within thier time window on the card. Its almost a given that once they drag my lazy ass down there that I wont be chosen & I will prob be the first to go in an actual trial. Though actually having actual conivtions they were like 10 years ago & i'm still supposed to go to jury duty in MASS but fuckem. I am done with courts & you cant get me in one unless in manacles & shackles. I would always try to aquit anyway, based on my assumption we are all Guilty until proven innnocent. Sounds like you are a real thorough & responsible train hopper. Be carefull out there "playing on trains", they are fun; but kinda unforgiving.

Yeah, I thought about doin this, but I managed to get a food stamps card from Portland, and if I fuck with them, they'll look that shit up and fuck with me. And yeah, I try to stay outta trouble and all that shit, mostly so I don't walk into trouble on the road. I'd rather just deal with shit and get it over with (especially cause you do get paid for jury duty) than have it come back and bite me in the ass later. And I know trains have no conscience, I know they can do some serious fucking damage. Doesn't make me wanna quit riding though, you know?

Thanks for the tips guys, and thanks for welcoming me to STP. It's a great site, I had no idea it existed till Benji told me about it. I'll definitely be checkin in every now and then.

Pickles

Reaction score
rememberusername said:
Im in Portland, been here for two long now. Going on 3-4ish months.

I am suppose to be leaving on the 28th to Eugene, and then 29th to Oakland.

If you decide to skip jury duty your welcome to come.

I'd more than likely be staying in Berkley for some time, and deciding whether or not to come back up to Portland or go somewhere else.

Well. I'm itching to get outta here too, and I can delay my duty for up to a year, so I might go ahead and do that, then just deal with it later... California does sound nice right now. Goddammit, I have absolutely no resolve when it comes to this shit.

As someone dependent on sensible jurors to avoid being convicted, I'm all-for doing jury service.
Good for Pickles!

Hell yeah, I'll make every effort to make sure the guy walks unless it's pretty clear that he's a rapo or a serial killer.

Pickles

Reaction score
Yeah I just happened to show up at my buddies house (whose address I used for the food stamps) a few days after they sent the letter. Fuck em. I'll probably delay it. They likely wouldn't pick me for duty anyway.

Grasshopper

Reaction score
Website
www.brandonwilliamson.webs.com
Pickles, I've yet to have my first ride.. But I plan on catching out sometime next month, maybe mid-feb. hopefully. I'll be alone as well.. so it would be nice to have a travel-mate. I'm in eastern NC and don't really care where the rails lead either. So we could maybe meet up?

Speaking of Jury Duty I became elected for a spot on the Grand Jury Duty a while back.. You go in once a month for a 365 days. Meetings last an hour, get paid 20 bucks per go and you decide whether it goes to court or not by stating true bill or the opposite. Don't even have to set foot in a court room! Lucky me right? Went for 7 months.. missed the eigth month meeting and showed up thirty minutes late before a judge called Fritz, he locked me up for 10 days for not coming although I had a reasonable excuse! First time I'd ever been locked up man. sucked!

PennyRiver

Reaction score
Just call up the court and ask what race the person that you'd be on jury duty for ft is...Seems to work with all the people that I've heard it from. But welcome ta stp yo, have fun out there, see ya on the road.
Yeah, dude I dated got out of itttwice by showing up with his 'hawk up and dressing accordingly. It worked. I think the time he wore the Dead Kennedys was over pretty quickly.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads