Say Your Ultimate Favourite Genre

flashinglights

Reaction score
yes. scanners are abstract!

Absolute favorite?
hip hop then jazz/blues then everything else equally! Music Yes!

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Any kind of electronic dance music. Techno, trance, electro, house, progressive. A 4/4 drum kick seems to go well with the sound and energy of a train.

neeko

Reaction score
I seem to listen to irish tunes more than anything else so i will just go with that. Altercations by The Tossers is the greatest song on earth.

Reaction score
"If I were to compile a STP comp as per y'all's requests, would I be lame, or you game?"

That sounds like a fantastic idea! Would you be willing to collaborate making that comp?

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Well, it'd only take one person to compile it, and everybody elses requests...which is in itself collaborative. Take a look in the 'Recommend Me A Song' thread.

CholoMcScumbag

Reaction score
Hardcore. It could be applied to probably 80% of what I listen to; crust/dbeat, grindcore, sludge, modern hardcore, Holy Terror/90's metallic hardcore, youth crew, early 80s hardcore punk (from SoCal, NYC, Boston and DC separately), powerviolence, thrashcore, fastcore in general, REAL emo/screamo/emocore...
Fairly adequate blanket term, haha.
I also like black metal, hip-hop, certain folk and folk punk, some anarcho, and whatever you would call Tom Waits.
Pop punk is a sort of guilty pleasure.
My all time favorite band is probably the WORLD!!! INFERNO!!! FRIENDSHIP!!! SOCIETY!!!

So I guess my 'ultimate favorite genre' would be 'blackened anarcho-folkrapcrustemogrindTomWaitsludgecore'.

tom waits is his own genre :) hahah

CholoMcScumbag

Reaction score
im all over the board with my tunes.
music is amazing. so expressive. so i cant really pick a favorite genre because there are good songs in ALMOST every genre. im pretty oldschool though. and i typically listen to music that came out before i was born.
i go from the heaviest grindcore to soft acoustic folk. from good dj mixes to guitar driven punk rock.

pinkmist

Reaction score
glitch/industrial/DnB, Harsh Noise, Hardcore, Crust, Sludge, Doom, Black Metal, Black Noise, Drone Metal, Classical, Old School Rap, Punk, IDM, Post-Rock, Post-Punk, Shoegaze... No specific Order, I kind of listen to all of it about equally...

Stope

Reaction score
Alternative. I'm not a big fan of genres because I dig just about every kind of music, and just about every kind can be alternative.

simpletoremember

Reaction score
Second star to the right and straight on till morn
Website
myspace.com
lately i've been listening to a lot of blues, and folk

somebody just put robert johnson's compete discography on my ipod as well as the mississippi john hurt discoraphy. hella dope

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads