Say Your Ultimate Favourite Genre

wartomods

Reaction score
The tittle says it all. If you dont know dont post ( i kid go ahead post whatever)

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
folk metal!!!!

Birdy

Reaction score
shit that's tough....I can't say I have an ultimate favorite genre. Punk and Ska and Folk are pretty high up in my book.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hardcore. It could be applied to probably 80% of what I listen to; crust/dbeat, grindcore, sludge, modern hardcore, Holy Terror/90's metallic hardcore, youth crew, early 80s hardcore punk (from SoCal, NYC, Boston and DC separately), powerviolence, thrashcore, fastcore in general, REAL emo/screamo/emocore...
Fairly adequate blanket term, haha.
I also like black metal, hip-hop, certain folk and folk punk, some anarcho, and whatever you would call Tom Waits.
Pop punk is a sort of guilty pleasure.
My all time favorite band is probably the WORLD!!! INFERNO!!! FRIENDSHIP!!! SOCIETY!!!

So I guess my 'ultimate favorite genre' would be 'blackened anarcho-folkrapcrustemogrindTomWaitsludgecore'.

Birdy

Reaction score
Oh yeah and Old Timey like the music in 'Oh Brother Where Art Thou'

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
I guess Folk, mixed with other stuff. I listen to some rock and artsy electro-pop stuff, but folk has been what's been sticking around the longest, and will probably last til I die.

In this term "folk" I include everything from neo-folk like Sufjan Stevens and Denison Witmer, freak-folk like Joanna Newsom, ethnic music like Panjabi MC or gypsy/Balkan brass, old acid/psych-folk like The Trees Community or Linda Perhacs, or experimental-nomadic-folk-postpunk like Psalters.

ianfernite

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I guess Folk, mixed with other stuff. I listen to some rock and artsy electro-pop stuff, but folk has been what's been sticking around the longest, and will probably last til I die.

In this term "folk" I include everything from neo-folk like Sufjan Stevens and Denison Witmer, freak-folk like Joanna Newsom, ethnic music like Panjabi MC or gypsy/Balkan brass, old acid/psych-folk like The Trees Community or Linda Perhacs, or experimental-nomadic-folk-postpunk like Psalters.

Psaltars are fucking incredible.
As is Joanna!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads