same old tune | Squat the Planet

same old tune

roadbike

Reaction score
Ahoy there folks. My name's not important, but folks call me Roadbike. I'm a 21 year old vegan tranarcho punk and starving artist. Just got told about this site by a fellow traveler while cooking at FNB in Calgary, Ab yesterday and figured I'd catch it on the fly. I'm excited to head out again at the end of April heading east to see m'love and get some new stories with a crew of punks from here in town and am stoked to finally get a chance to learn how to hop from my friend who's done it a few times himself (we've never really been heading in the same direction at the same time before, so it should be good to finally get a chance to strike out with him). Guess I'm just looking around to see what this site has to offer and connect with folks who may, at some point, be heading the same way. Also, any advice for a first time hopper'd be much appreciated.

bobNkamille

Reaction score
hi there!!!!

Ravie

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
welcome to stp. feel free to ask questions and check out the "weighstations" for a place near you to shower, eat, wtvr.

roadbike

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome folks. I'm definitely checking the Waystation thread, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, my punk house is folding up and packing off at the end of April when I hit the road and my housemates are looking for their own places. My mate who I'm traveling with has a copy of the crew change from a few years back... from what I'm hearing some douchebag posted their Canadian crew change up on line a few years back and the dude who used to put them out got (understandably) pissed and stopped making them. Hope the info's still all good, though I can't really see it changing too much.

katiehabits

Reaction score
Website
kthabits.tumblr.com
the canadain cc hasn't been updated scene 2006. train doc hasn't been up to canada scene then i guess and folks haven't been giveing him the info to update it. maybe i'll see ya along the road. are you heading east to montreal for the bookfair?

McKay

Reaction score
Roadbike!
Its me Mckay, you clearly know me as I watched you booth most of the bookfair!
But next food notbombs or the one after that I will bring my notebook or info and links for train hopping related stuff!

RebeccaSoup

Reaction score
welcome, kiddo. Good to see more Canadian travelin folk comin around these parts. Be sure to drop as much info as you can about getting around up there. It'd be much appreciated. (especially by me!)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads