RIP joey/wyme | Squat the Planet

RIP joey/wyme

mikey and kira

Reaction score
if anyone else knew whyme and knows more details other than he was found by a sheriff somewhere along the tracks three days ago. please let me know. i was just told briefly over the phone that he fell off a train somewhere. sorry to anyone else who knew him. pm me with any details you might have.

derailed

Reaction score
Gonna miss you man, you're surly days and insane obsession with Texas will always make me laugh.

He was a good kid, spent Christmas day this year with him in Roseville. RIP Joey.

4224751848_f1c279abf8.jpg

4224753278_064c0b905a.jpg

4224752460_7dde3aacaf.jpg

Reactions: slimJack

sprout

Reaction score
I found out a few days ago. I miss that kid so much. R.I.P. Whyme!

18377_429645705646_818325646_10938437_8012371_n.jpg

This was taken on his 20th birthday last summer in Providence.

BUMJUG

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score

RIP, Joey i would rather not belive this shit but fuckit i travelled with joey and got to know him pretty well... i took this picture of him on a grainer....he is obviously hailing the crust lord.....one more thing: MASSGORE!!!!

Rise 609

Reaction score
Yeah I traveled with joey for a little while about a year ago. I actually went with him back to santa cruz to see his mom and grandmom. I ended up with his dog sprocket when we split ways in Cali. He was an awesome kid, I remember waking up next to him in k-falls with his sleeping bag frozen to the ground. He will be missed.

ariariari

Reaction score
the thought of this kid lying in little pieces somewhere is fucking killing me. i didn't know whyme for a very long time, a little over a year or thereabouts and only got to know him well last summer. anyone who knew him would agree that the term "asshole" applied almost perfectly to his persona and would also agree that the kid was fucking hilarious in every sense of the word. he would crack jokes and hurl random insults at strangers and make ridiculously big spange signs and then tell me to play jolene or some townes song while gesturing at everyone passing by to make sure they noticed. i don't think his tactics made us any more money than usual and in fact might have made us less, but they sure brightened our lives a little bit.. he cut my hair for me and made food and took me on my first moped ride to cheer me up after some really bad shit happened in richmond. he took care of me and hung out with me for days, and it was an incredible fucking relief after all the betrayal i saw that week. whyme didn't like a lot of people but when he did like somebody he was a loyal fucking friend. i wish i had gotten to spend more time with him than i did, but i will always remember the time i did get with him as some of the most fun and most beautiful of my life to this day. i miss the shit out of you joey johnson, rest in peace buddy, you're loved and remembered by all your friends.

Reactions: condemnedtodrift

derailed

Reaction score
the thought of this kid lying in little pieces somewhere is fucking killing me. i didn't know whyme for a very long time, a little over a year or thereabouts and only got to know him well last summer. anyone who knew him would agree that the term "asshole" applied almost perfectly to his persona and would also agree that the kid was fucking hilarious in every sense of the word. he would crack jokes and hurl random insults at strangers and make ridiculously big spange signs and then tell me to play jolene or some townes song while gesturing at everyone passing by to make sure they noticed. i don't think his tactics made us any more money than usual and in fact might have made us less, but they sure brightened our lives a little bit.. he cut my hair for me and made food and took me on my first moped ride to cheer me up after some really bad shit happened in richmond. he took care of me and hung out with me for days, and it was an incredible fucking relief after all the betrayal i saw that week. whyme didn't like a lot of people but when he did like somebody he was a loyal fucking friend. i wish i had gotten to spend more time with him than i did, but i will always remember the time i did get with him as some of the most fun and most beautiful of my life to this day. i miss the shit out of you joey johnson, rest in peace buddy, you're loved and remembered by all your friends.

that reminded me about how he would always write elaborate shit on the back of my signs and then give me a passcode so i could turn it "on". as he would say, there is no off switch.

BUMJUG

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
that reminded me about how he would always write elaborate shit on the back of my signs and then give me a passcode so i could turn it "on". as he would say, there is no off switch.
haha i remember the "on" switches as well....as well as his trade mark bootleg southern pacific "sunset" logo he put on the front of his signs....

CAZPER

Reaction score
Obviously not a regular here...but I was asked to pass this on by a rider who was still on the road: Joey was found near a town of Uvalde in Tx. From what is understood, he was ridin a deepwell piggy. He was lying down to sleep and rolled into one of the holes in the floor. Definitely a freak accident.

Tare

Reaction score
I just found out last night my Kung-fu teacher passed, now this? Joey was one of the first kids i traveled with, and one of the few, i grew close to. Absolutley shocked right now. Not impressed. RIP brother.

Toxic*Flood*Brew

Reaction score
man you hear about this shit all the time..but you never think it would happen to one of yer crew man..this shit is really fucked up..it seems like yesterday we were drunk in nola talking about metal and making fun of everyone..ive know joey for 5 yrs im glad for it..we
ve been through alot of shit together and I know this is tearing up alot of us.he Whyme i'll catch that westbound with ya one day homie have fun stinking up Valhalla i'll fucking miss you man..lol hiking metal punks for life..I can't promise i won't waste alcohol in yer behafe man.Even though i knwo this is they way you wanted to go and not shiting on yourself in some old folks home it doesn't make it any easier.. I've been blasting Highway man and some epic folk metal for you for the past 3 days..I fucking love you homie and I mean really i fucking love you.cacth you on that flipside I guess..

threehalfgallons

Reaction score
r.i.p. whyme.
i never met you. but you did stay at my boyfriends house in richmond. when i went down there i heard all these stories about you and even wore the flannel you kicked down to arthur. its a damn shame. i looked forward to meeting you in our travels down the line. i know that you impacted a lot of peoples lives. youre just one of those people.
haha.
r.i.p

dyefukked

Reaction score
Obviously not a regular here...but I was asked to pass this on by a rider who was still on the road: Joey was found near a town of Uvalde in Tx. From what is understood, he was ridin a deepwell piggy. He was lying down to sleep and rolled into one of the holes in the floor. Definitely a freak accident.

this info is accurate. i've heard a lot of stories floating around that are not.
joey's mom is planning a memorial and will invite any friends who can make it. his myspace is www.myspace.com/massgore and she's his #1 friend (Mary Johnson), in case anyone wants to friend request her and get an update when plans are in place for the memorial. It'll probably be in watsonville (near santa cruz) since that's where she lives.
cheers, dye

xmaggotx

Reaction score
i only met the guy once, but my girlfriend kjnew him pretty well. i know he stole her this fucking awesome leatherman a few years ago. i he4ard about this at the sf bookfair. my friend barbie was real tore up about it. i feel for his family.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads