Resources For Trans Folks On The Road? (1 Viewer)

LoisLane23

Lurker
Current Location
Boise
Thank y'all for this thread. My 14-year-old son is trans and we live in a conservative state so I haven't even taken him to a doctor yet for hormones or anything. He was born a female and is well-endowed (wears a binder but it's still kinda obvious). We're in a state that borders Oregon though, so maybe we'll head that way. Thanks again.

Click here to buy the Anarchist's Guide to Travel!
Current Location
USA - New England
Had anyone who gets HRT through Planned Parenthood been able to travel to different PP clinics in different states and still be “in the system” such that it’s a short checkup to get a new script?

I’ve never been to PP so I don’t know how it works. So if someone could also explain that I’d appreciate it.

scutellaria

Current Location
csx appalachian division
Had anyone who gets HRT through Planned Parenthood been able to travel to different PP clinics in different states and still be “in the system” such that it’s a short checkup to get a new script?

I’ve never been to PP so I don’t know how it works. So if someone could also explain that I’d appreciate it.
theyre all managed by like different regional groups, kinda like franchises. ive always had to start over at different pp's, but its incredibly simple and quick. i get a script at the initial appointment. just tell them youre already on hrt and have been prescribed at another pp clinic.

however, maybe you already know this, but not every pp does hrt. so make sure ahead of time the clinic you wanna go to has an hrt/trans health program so you can plan accordingly.

scutellaria

Current Location
csx appalachian division
@scutellaria
Hm. Follow up, related somewhat, do you know methods for getting hormones with little or exactly no money and no insurance? Are there any groups in the US that enable this?
hmmm i think maybe st james infirmary in sf buit im not sure that they actually can pay for your scripts. they primarily focus on sex workers but i think will help any trans people that come in. is there a reason you cant get on medicaid? what state are you in? have you tried fenway in boston? the only way i know how to get them without insurance is to buy online on the grey web. thats how i get my injectable p. but without insurance or money i dunno how many options there are. but with medicaid ive never paid more than a dollar for a vial of e.

Current Location
USA - New England
is there a reason you cant get on medicaid? what state are you in? have you tried fenway in boston?
I'm currently on insurance so this isn't a right now issue as much as it could be an issue and as someone who's post op, staying on hormones is important for a broader range of functioning.

I know Fenway and I think they do provide free care if you can't afford it.

scutellaria

Current Location
csx appalachian division
I'm currently on insurance so this isn't a right now issue as much as it could be an issue and as someone who's post op, staying on hormones is important for a broader range of functioning.

I know Fenway and I think they do provide free care if you can't afford it.
i feel you i had an orchie last year so i will fuckin cut a bitch for my estradiol (kidding)

hornedplant

Lurker
Current Location
Oakland
when we were with PP, after we got our perscription
we didn't have to visit the clinic again
and were able to get blood tests done at the closer clinic that didn't offer HRT (yet)
lotta over the phone talking about test results / etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $45.00 of $50.00
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $45.00 of $75.00
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $45.00 of $100.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $45.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

Damn sore riding my bicycle over 60 some miles Sunday! Laid in my tent all day Monday resting! Bike touring at its best. Gotta love it!
Asheville, looking to hang out? Peace
Made it to chicago, had a blast. Got a bike a new bike at the squat i stayed at. So far ive been at the wsp hopout for 12 hours and not a single wbd has shown up.
Yeah remember when I said I'm going off grid for a while? Didn't last long, fucked my back up real bad and apparently I also have an enlarged heart, pretty cool. More love to give maybe? So they admitted me. I'll be on hospital grid for at least a day. Low battery and no charger though, so I'mma leave y'all with a cliffhanger probably. Will try to update before heading back out to the sticks.
100% off-grid for roughly 2 weeks? I'll try to pop in here and there if I get any trips to town. Safe travels y'all. And even if you're just sittin around talkin bout "yeah gonna hit the road in about 6 months maybe" y'all be safe doin that too alright. Armchairs be dangerous yo!
SlankyLanky wrote on EndTimesCommunityWorship's profile.
So we have a gallery section that you might consider looking at to post pictures to. It might be more convenient for other users if the newest profile posts wernt all imgur photos from you.

Staff online

• Tude
    Sometimes traveler is traveling.
  • SlankyLanky
    stp user voted "the friendliest mod"

Members online