Places You Hate Most

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrokeWhiteBoy

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
fresno, california. don't get me wrong, i hung out with all the fresno kids at libertatia and had a good time. but sitting in front of that miserable train yard under that shitty bridge for a week was horrible. i didn't make a dollar flying a sign, and it was hot as balls. the furthest i walked away from the yard was to the 7/11 right up the street. tried hitching, people looked at me like i was smuggling crack and dead children in my pack.

Yeah, the younger crowds here are occasionally cool, but overall... STAY AWAY! I feel sorry for those venturing into my neck of the woods.

Wolfeyes

Reaction score
Covington KY. Not really a bad place. Lot of tweakers and pill heads, but no more than anyplace in FL I've been to. It's more of a depressing place. I had never had suicidal thoughts until I spent a week there.

Reactions: Mankini

StrayFrēdom

Reaction score
NEW YORK CITY. I had a much better time in bumfuck nowhere Montana.

Wheeling WV! After the G-20 on our way to Columbus to catch the 147 to crust fest, we ended up on the eastern outskirts of Wheeling, and because the cops were so thrilled about us arriving we got to walk to Ohio.

Spokane WA. Of all places, I had to get kicked off the hiline here

Cheyenne WY. Enough said.

ALL of LA county, excluding the gay district of West Hollywood. Fucking gold mine for young panhandlers.

ALL of Ohio, excluding Columbus because it's awesome, and Toledo because the people that run the Black Cherry collective kick ass.

Syracuse NY. As Ready Freddy stated, the CSX workers at the dewitt are beyond helpful, other than that fuck this place.

Iowa. All of it. Avoid it, specifically hitching.

• Haha
Reactions: robbaked

Wolfeyes

Reaction score
Two places I forgot, Dade City and Moon Lake FL.

Just walking through Dade City, I got robbed three times in two hours, all the houses are either shot up or packed full of junkies and/or tweakers, vicious attack roosters running the street in packs. Not to mention the knife packing homebums. On the plus side, you can do pretty much anything in front of a cop and they won't give a shit.

Moon Lake on the other hand is one of those places that looks pretty redneck on the outside, and gets worse the deeper you go. You go in deep enough you'll find areas where meth is hard currency. There are places where even the swat team won't go.

Reactions: Mankini

whaleofashrimp

Reaction score
well i'm in melbourne florida now trying to reconnect with family over thanksgiveing...this place is mind numbingly boring..i've visited off and on..boring is one thing but the people are either uber yuppie or uber sketchy ...this is the one place i really feel like a rancid stagnant puddle..i'll probably start selling some family herb on the beach just to keep from hermiting

centrail california stocton,modesto,fresno
worst hitchikeing ..onlly time i ever hopped a train that took me where i wanted to go (away)
you could smell the cRACKSMOKE AND METH BEING COOKED

i was housed up in Tuscan for the few days i was there..but everything seemned so draconian

southern cali was to crowded
arcada sucks...to many kids, no money, burnt out locals ...i guess i would of liked it more if i was a pot head..i hate pot..and find pot worshippers annoying...i dug garberville though

berkley was ok..but to many burnt out locals again

Wyoming creeps the shit out of me..hills have eyes territory
i had to live in greeley for 6 months
placed smelled like boiling blood...lots of meth
bad cops
rednecks
right wieniers
i had friends there
and met good people

melbourne has a beach and is warm...but greeley has friends
so it evens out

topika
out of gas with rainbow kids
nasty cops
super religious
and was threatend with a gun while flying a sign
no public services
only there 4 hours

it's funny
i actually like some of the places people mentioned here

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
That's just it. What one person hates, another enjoys. This thread reads more like a hundred Facebook statuses than one in which we might every reach a conclusion about which places are truly the worst. I blame myself, though, because I'm the one who thought it was a good idea.

Reactions: Parker Free

little_owl

Reaction score
Wheeling WV! After the G-20 on our way to Columbus to catch the 147 to crust fest, we ended up on the eastern outskirts of Wheeling, and because the cops were so thrilled about us arriving we got to walk to Ohio.

Wheeling is awful. I'm sorry that you had to be there at all. At least you didn't end up a little south of there in Moundsville. You probably would have gotten beaten up or worse by the warped rednecks there. Such a scary place. I hate that I have to move back to that area next week.

hg14

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
hg14p.webs.com
sum parts of Russia
didn't have any luck near Norway

and so far everyone else whose mentioned Cali, but if no one has said Santa Cruz

skelabunny

Reaction score
Standfordville, NY its about 30 minutes away from Poughkeepsie... you have to drive threw farm country to get anywhere. All the stores in this town close at 7pm... so if you want beer you MUST have a car and drive 30+ minutes... AND I DONT DRIVE so I've only drank twice in a month. CANT WAIT TO LEAVE HERE AND GO BACK TO BOSTON then travel to NOLA!!

hg14

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Website
hg14p.webs.com
you know its like in SLC stores close early, its shitty that the only place that you can go to is the mall, but they stay open for awhile. but malls are fucking shit so I now don't bother and keep on the road/rails

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads