Out of the states free of cost?

Nelco

Reaction score
barge hop

CXR1037

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
Everyone always brings up crewfinders...has anyone actually used it? Or traveled anywhere working on a yacht crew?

Cardboard

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
I have done a fair amount of looking into these websites, and in my travels, I have only met 2 people who have managed to hitch a boat trans atlantic.
one used a website his first time, and has goe round trip from europe to the carribean 2 times now. the other just found a ride asking around in the canary islands. I think that its not unreasonable, and both people have told me that it ended up being quite easy, and assured me that if I really want to catch this ride, I will certainly find it.
Good luck to you, do a bit of research, and maybe start with a shorter trip. a month is pretty average for crossing the atlantic, and if you get sea sick, you will have a shitty time, and the person taking you probably wont appreciate it much. Your window for this year is over, but next winter between the end of october through february, get your ass to the carribean and find a boat!
I will be making this trip next winter, since I missed the majority of the traffic this year.
Good luck in your travels-

FigTree

Reaction score
not that i have any experience getting to europe yet, but i'd say just chill around the docks socializing and talking about and believing in your dream, your chariot will come lol

wizehop

Chasing the Darkness
Reaction score
If your not from the states just commit a crime and get deported....easy as fuck

Or put aside this "I don't want to work for the man" shit and save up for a few months and take off with some cash..things cost money in other countries too (especially in Europe!)...all be it a lot fucking less if you go to the right places..

dumpster diving in pour countries doesn't work FYI

Just a thought

Beegod Santana

Reaction score
My sister actually scored big on find a crew. Wound up on a boat going from LA to Australia with a buncha places in between. She's one of those clean cut international travelers though, with no warrants or convictions and a college degree. I was real sketched by the idea of her being a small boat with two old men for months on end, so I went and visited her in LA before she headed out, and got offered a spot on the boat myself! I turned it down due to my own engagements in this country, but the guys seemed like very solid good people.

lalt

Reaction score
I'm going to be trying to get back to the US from Europe on a boat so I've been looking around the internet. This might be useful to read>> http://www.sekoyamag.com/nouveausite/SPIP/breve.php3?id_breve=352

here are the working sites on it: Crew Wanted ... CrewFile - Yacht Crew Jobs, Boat Jobs, Cruise Jobs, Sailing Jobs, Sailing Crew, Deliveries - Cruise Jobs, Sailing Jobs, Luxury Yacht Jobs International
I'll let everyone know those work.. if they don't then I'll just be going around the ports talking to anyone I can.

lalt

Reaction score

lalt

Reaction score
I'll be trying to get back to the US by boat pretty soon here so have been doing as much research as I can. I just read this >> Ludovic Hubler - Last news, derni it could have some useful tips in there.

Here are the active sites it links to: Crew Wanted ... CrewFile - Yacht Crew Jobs, Boat Jobs, Cruise Jobs, Sailing Jobs, Sailing Crew, Deliveries - Cruise Jobs, Sailing Jobs, Luxury Yacht Jobs International
I'll let everyone know if I have any luck with these sites. If that doesn't work then I'll let you know if I have any luck asking around the ports. Good luck to you!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads