New Seattle Community Center | Squat the Planet

New Seattle Community Center

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
themossikeepinmypockets.tumblr.com
My three room mates and I are moving out of the house we've been renting in Seattle at the end of the month due to issues with our landlord... We've decided our next move was to start up a community center in the Central District of Seattle. We already have found a great space. It'll be a space for occasional loud shows, benefit shows, art shows, reading books, eating free vegan/freegan food, doing arts and crafts, etc. We're thinking that this space should have anarchist literature and etc. but not be exclusively anarchist. Simply meaning that we'd like to be able to reach out to the whole community here, not just the people who are entirely like-minded. But something that we struggle with is trying to think up a name for our space! This happened with our little community house experiment as well... lame. So, this is a post to share with everyone that there will hopefully be a new radical community center opened up in Seattle within the next couple of months, but also, I'd like to ask you cool folks to share your ideas as far as names go, haha. I really don't know why we lack the ability to come up with something but it's been stupidly hard. Really, any suggestions will be helpful! Thanks!

WapatoGreyer

Reaction score
Website
themossikeepinmypockets.tumblr.com
How do you have the money for all this?

One of my roomates, Matthew, got in a car wreck a while back and has settlement money from that. My partner is in the same situation, too. He got hit by a F-250 while on his bike and now he has a little money from settlements, after breaking his femur and having a collapsed lung and stuff.

bryanpaul

Reaction score
how bout the community "settlement" hahaha

christianarchy

Reaction score

bastardmaker

Reaction score
de Tocqueville

FigTree

Reaction score
ahahaha bastardmaker i love the picture.

nopunksallowed

FawnDroke

Reaction score
Haha the boom boom room, that's what you guy's called that shed?
Well it fit nicely.
Hope you had fun cleaning it ;)

I'm going to miss sleeping in that thing.. even though it was one of the most uncomfortable surfaces other than the L.A. greyhound station's floor.

Tiphareth

Reaction score
I'd love to come check it out as well, I have a few cool books I wouldn't mind donating. They are mostly occult books.

And my suggestion would be "the abbey of thelema"

RnJ

PilgrimAflame
StP Supporter
Reaction score
That website is kickin' my A. Now I definitely want to kinda hit up seattle if we get to the West Coast. I'll run that idea by my friend. No guarantees, but I think he was hoping to hit up a protest -- visiting your centre may be a decent alternative.

Tiphareth

Reaction score
Shweeet, I'll be sure to drop by sometime you are open, you are literally a 15-20 minute walk away from where I live.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads