Neat way to use plastic. | Squat the Planet

Neat way to use plastic.

ShinyKitKat

Reaction score
I don't know how many people on here knit, but my friend knitted me a blanket out of plastic bags. It's one of the coolest things I own.

Just a little scratchy, but I slept outside last night and it kept me really warm.

I think she used roughly 3-4 hunderd bags to make a pretty big blanket, plus a lot of time....I think it'd be worth it to try and make one if you can. Or get someone who can knit to make one.

ipoPua

Reaction score
definitely trying that. if i stuffed the bags with paper that'd add another layer insulation too, i could go crazy with this idea thank you

Reactions: travelingjoe

Drizzle

Reaction score
My sister tried teaching me how to do this. Seemed pretty simple, cut the bag into 1 inch strips, knot them together and knit away. Downfall was that I cant knit to save my life.

• Haha
Reactions: travelingjoe

shitbagdanny

Reaction score
once i had a friend.
then, they did stuff

and once they did that shit, i felt like i should tell everyone else.

get it together, no one cares what your fucking friend did for you, this is a how to do, and by do, its diy

for instance, you wanna read about how my friend made me a duct tape sheath? no. ya wanna learn how to do it.

do yourselves a favore, mix 3 parts gas with 1 part styraphome, add 1/4 oz of solidox and drop that shit right on yer floor

shitbagdanny

Reaction score
me n revo are gonna get american up in this bitch.

ipoPua

Reaction score
remains a good idea, as long as youre not an idiot and dont fall asleep too close to the campfire

Reactions: MJhitcher

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads