National Rainbow Gathering

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
see you fuckers there! my ride is secured, thank you very much Graven. :) :) StP Camp, what, what....

Meowzer

Reaction score
I'm headed for Nationals. I'm in Roswell, NM today (why?! I have no idea--I thought there'd be more wingnuts), but I'm headed north and then east. Probably going through Las Cruces, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Denver, then cutting across Kansas to pick up a friend in Lawrence/Kansas City. Not really sure the path after that, probably through St. Louis and then going further north. I have a lot of friends in the Pittsburgh area, so I might kick it there with some kids for a couple days.

I got a big van, yo. I've stuffed thirteen people (all people from Craigslist who PAID to ride, hahah, all the way from Seattle down to Willits/Fort Bragg/Mendocino) plus dogs in there before. There's a hammock that hangs from the ceiling, and I don't have a lot of shit, so there's a lot of room.

Got a cat, so if you have allergies, sorry. Also, if you have a really aggro dog, my cat WILL annihilate him/her. He usually sleeps on the dashboard (or in his ice bed--it gets fucking hot out) and doesn't dip into the backhalf too often.

Been doing this for a long time; I'm a really proficient jugger, and I'm hoping to get this Annual Pass thingy (it's only $80) that allows unlimited stays at any national or state parks in the country for the cardholder and four guests. Showers!

Anyway, Allegheny, here we come.

Anyone that wants to hop in is welcome.

Reaction score

PsilocyBen

Reaction score
Not sure if I'll be heading out to nationals or not. I'll definitely be at Katua; I'm getting ready to head over there now actually. If I find a ride up to PA then I'll probably be there.

mksnowboarder

Reaction score
I might attend, after missing the florida gatherings this winter, if I can swing being gone for a bit with probation (bastards found out I was hitching around and leaving the county, and are up my ass for it).

mike

Crisp

Reaction score
Directions:
From Sheffield Pennsylvani go south on Highway 948 for 2 miles
Turn right onto Road 666.
Continue to Road 116 and turn right
Go to Road 119 and turn left.
Drive 5 miles to parking.
Welcome home.

relapse420

Reaction score
Anyone going up early before they start to shuttle in or staying late can find some pretty awesome campgrounds in willow bay.
Aspen loop would be my first choice.Its been awhile since ive been up there but i believe Hemlock loop has showers,and the lake itself.
Tracy ridge campgrounds have showers as well but can be somewhat buggy.
Sugar bay and Willow bay are some pretty descent fishing area's as well as below Kinzua dam over by the fishery.
Bradford,PA is close by(home of the Zippo lighter)their museum is actually pretty damn cool.And lets not forget state route 666.
Also theres quite abit of bike trails up there as well.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Nah... I've heard similar stories! And also have heard that it gets worse from year to year!

lunchbox

Reaction score
hey logan hit up downtown so we can meeet up and go to rainbow i bet if we just get our shit together we can get there in no time fucking hit me up asap 2102140896

Out of Step

Reaction score
Hey Hooch, or anyone driving there from philly or jersey, if you're going through Reading, or near by, my Cousin and I are going to try and hitch towards the gathering and would very much appreciate a ride and may have money for gas for you as well. PM me if you are, we could meet you somewhere closer to your route if you're not heading through our city!

M

Monkeywrench

Secured a ride out of Baltimore this Monday. I guess I'll be there early? I would love to meet/kick it with fellow StP'ers. Find Monkeywrench :)

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Yes.. I will be there early aswell! I think me and Wrench are gonna set up STP camp, WHAT, WHAT.... ! PM me for my cell if you wanna find the camp and chill. see ya'll fuckers there! :) :)

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
Oh yeah... and I'll be the tall guy that looks likes a caveman w/ piercings. come find me!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads