Name the person who....

M

Mouse

for the better? hmm..

my friend Kelly. She's one of the few people I met while traveling that I stayed in touch with over the years. I've learned a lot from her and she's a great person. She was a housie when I met her but she was so nice and giving and when she finally went on the road she did some awesome stuff with her time and I was always impressed at how well she handled herself despite seeming like an air headed hippy girl at first sight- she's really insanely smart with true passion.

coolguyeagle76'

Reaction score
one winter i hopped from nola to asheville but overshot and wound up past charlotte, the train stopped under some highway over pass, i think it was 40, and i climbed up after two days only getting off a few times to warm up and do buisness in the pusher, started hitching to aville and this guy picked me up said he'd take me all the way. as we're riding (sometimes i stretch the truth just for kicks) i started talking about how my dad had been killed by a train ect.ect. and he tells me his wife had died of cancer, left him with a couple rugrats and he was trying to sort shit out by taking a drive across the country, he was gonna meet his kids in cali and hopefully have figured out how to deal with the situation properly so his depression wouldnt effect the kids so much. we just started talking about how hard loss is (i talking about my living dead father) and i was thinking the whole time about this good friend who passed and substituting his name for dad. itys really hard to explain, but were up in those sad misty mountains, and somehow we both just kinda brokedown and started weeping, he pulled over on this cliffside overview and got his wifes ashes out of the back (hed been talking about her the whole ride like she was still alive, even actually talking to her, i know it sounds creepy but you just had to be there) and we both stood up on the wall inches from a 200 foot vertical drop still crying, and he said goodbye to his wife, just let her go and watched her ashes drift away. we got back in the car and rode along in silent understanding looking out at the mist and the pines. he took me all the way to asheville and the only thing he said for rest of the ride was how he hadnt been able to really mourn or even feel anything for his wife till that point and he thanked me, when i thought about it i hadnt been able to really mourn the loss of my friend for the years since hed gone and it felt like this weight had been taken off me. we got to aville, wished eachother luck and that was that.

LeatherTrampGypsy

Reaction score
That's such a beautiful touching story. I wish I could be there to witness the beauty in that. I love moments like those. Seems like you were in the right place to be there for him. I appreciate that, Im glad he had someone to lean on & express his hurt. Not many people have someone to just let go in front of. I'll be sending that man some happy energy for a better recovery.

Reactions: Mankini

Nemo

Reaction score
Definitely Tony Danza.
tony1.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Mankini

BrittanyTheBananarchist

Reaction score
i think the people who inspired me the most on the road would have to be a guy named Stew, another named Bryce (hobo Joe) and Anthony.( there was 2 others but i didnt really get into conversations abt life ect with them).they were all in the same crew. i had already figured that traveling was something i was gonna do and i had been squatting prior to that, but after kicking it with them for a while i realized that traveling was something that i am going to do. they didnt just make me realize that but they helped me look at life in many new ways, helped me look into myself more and see what i was really all about and what i wanted to do. i think they were the most sincere people ive met along the way. i felt closer to them than any other ppl i think that i have met. but ya. kudos to them for bein awesome.

M

Monkeywrench

Molliewop from OB. Laugh your ass off if you want. Despite what you might've heard, that chick is a badass who's always had my back, penniless or hood rich, never gave me shit, stood up to wingnuts and homebums and assholes big and small. She could make money in the middle of fucking nowhere. Hop knuckles like a monkey swinging from branch to branch, with a guitar in one hand and bag of 40's in the other. Find food in the middle of ghost towns. Always a positive attitude. Even when we stuck in the middle of the fucking desert, she kept shit awesome and always positive. I was a pretty big asshole, cynical from the road, and not too trusting of other traveling kids and she re-introduced me to how aweosme traveling actually was.

She went from being some kid I met in NYC and didn't care for too much, to my little sister. I doubt I'll ever have as fun of a roaddog ever again.

wokofshame

Reaction score
Website
www.weather.gov
The first traveling kid I ever met, I forget her name. A Ho-Chunk racecar driver who picked me up in his caddy somewhere in Wisconsin. The first old-school tramps I ever met- Sarge, CC Rider, and SourMash. My mom.

Nelco

Reaction score
waiting for that to happen to me..so far everyone just pissed me off..and i went back to lonerism..baa baa black sheep
probably going to die alone, because i'm an agro cunt..who always picks the wrong person, when I should've went with the other one.

Diagaro

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
waiting for that to happen to me..so far everyone just pissed me off..and i went back to lonerism..baa baa black sheep
probably going to die alone, because i'm an agro cunt..who always picks the wrong person, when I should've went with the other one.

Oh quit your fucking crying for your self your the master of your own destiny and the captain of your own ship steer it how you see fit!
I have the same story, every person I ever take as my equal alwase ends up a weak clingy or annoying ignoramus I wonder how we would fare, your a cunt and I'm an asshole, shit we'd probably end up in a shovel joust beside some railyard in the desert fighting over what way to catch.

Oh who made me travel: my daughter, cause it was either I travel and find my ruka or I kill her muther out of rage.
Ohatha Kayo, Diagaro brabda du sa fa way-achito

Nelco

Reaction score
Oh quit your fucking crying for your self your the master of your own destiny and the captain of your own ship steer it how you see fit!
I have the same story, every person I ever take as my equal alwase ends up a weak clingy or annoying ignoramus I wonder how we would fare, your a cunt and I'm an asshole, shit we'd probably end up in a shovel joust beside some railyard in the desert fighting over what way to catch.

Oh who made me travel: my daughter, cause it was either I travel and find my ruka or I kill her muther out of rage.
Ohatha Kayo, Diagaro brabda du sa fa way-achito

:D
guess it's time to get off this site for a while..that made me laugh though

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads