My 1953 Shorty Bus!

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
Soo after a long time of trying to convince my family to let me buy our 1940 Greyhound, it didn't work out. So I started looking around every place possible.
Finally came across something on Ebay. We happen to notice, due to the background of the pictures, that it's an old friend of my family’s back yard! We gave him a call and sure enough it was his. I hit the "buy it now" button and scored it last night! We should be bringing it home sometime after this weekend. Starting June I should be hittin’ the road long-term. It’s not diesel, soo looks like we’ll have to bust some ninja shit to get some gas money along the way. I’ll use this thread to post pictures of it as I’m modifying it.

BmQv2kKGrHqUOKi8Etlyt7OKtBLfcyKLYTQ.jpg
<br>
BmQWSg2kKGrHqIOKkYEtkg-Lf3YBLfcy-1.jpg

<br>
BmQYkQBmkKGrHqUOKisEtlSKH4-BLfcyNQ1.jpg
<br>
BmQbhwCGkKGrHqEOKkEEtkgoJ7EgBLfc-1.jpg
<br>
BmQchBmkKGrHqIOKiQEtMsZr6uBLfcyblC_.jpg

<br>
BmQdqwmkKGrHqIOKigEtjzJRohcBLfcygGs.jpg
<br>
BmQgcg2kKGrHqUOKj8Ets3Li4mfBLfcyrES.jpg

mbgeorge

Reaction score
that's fucking rad... let me have it!!!!

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
dude, that's fucking sweet. we should totally meet up and drool over our buses. can't wait to see what you do with it!

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
dude, that's fucking sweet. we should totally meet up and drool over our buses. can't wait to see what you do with it!

Dude I'm totally down!! I was actually thinking of taking a few of the places off your list and adding them to my map when I start planning it out. When do you plan on starting your trip?

xbocax

Reaction score
Let me in on this trip yo! I'll be the road chef :D

Matt Derrick

Retired Wanderer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Dude I'm totally down!! I was actually thinking of taking a few of the places off your list and adding them to my map when I start planning it out. When do you plan on starting your trip?

cool, you should definitely do that. at this point i dunno when im going to be starting my trip, maybe january 2011. ive had horrible, horrible luck this year getting the money together to outfit the bus for travel.

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
Oh for suure, I totally know what you mean. I'm hopeing I can have my bus set for the summer. Our money is pretty tight, but I think I can get it done.
I'll definitley keep contact with you though. Who know's where I'll be by January.

Dumpsterhump

Reaction score
Umm not sure exactly, but I have a few ideas. I'm trying to do as much as I can with what little space I have. I'm sure by the middle of next week I'll have a pretty good idea with how I'm going to do everything.

wildboy860

CrustyhoboHippycore
StP Supporter
Reaction score
what a sexy beast of a bus!!!!!!! :p :p :p * DROOLS I'm most likely goin to live on a full size school bus in the next month or so! Im pretty stoked about it. but this bus is beautiful!!!

EphemeralStick

Andie of the House of Queer
Reaction score
Oh geez. So much potential! I'm pretty jealous actually. there is so much you can do with that and yet its small enough to still be nice and cozy on the road. Not like a huge bus would be. good investment!

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads