Mexico | Page 2 | Squat the Planet

Mexico

freeranger

Reaction score
coupla questions:
what's the atm access like down there? im not hot about carrying any more cash on me than i have to...course im broke mostly so that's not usually a problem, but curious.

pardon my ignorance, but where's DF?

and people keep mentioning this transcription work, but of course they are always hesitant to give leads or info. does anyone else know about this kinda work and where to find it?

Everymanalion

Reaction score
Most of the ATMS work well but some have fake scanners on them and will take your card and say to come back to the bank when they are open and then thieves will steal your card and info, that is more in Central AM but still some in Mexico too. If you see a huge box that you put your card in protruding out from the ATM dont assume its different, its probably a fake ATM card reader.

• Useful
Reactions: Corinne

freeranger

Reaction score
is there any part of Mexico that tends more towards the cool and dry? i spose i should consider peru or parts of argentina really, but i am curious if anyone has any experience living in mexico and finding local climates like that.

thapoet

Mr. Grizzly Bear bait
Reaction score
I posted this question on another thread as well. But I only have a Louisiana state I'd and can't get a passport because of child support, would the cops throw me in jail down there if I was just "passing thru"? Or since I am carrying at least some form of legitimate I'd would they leave me alone for the most part? I am asking you because you seem to have quite a bit of experience down there. Any help with my questions would be appreciated brother... Thanks

Reactions: rhummer92

fefo

Reaction score
everyone keeps telling me im gonna get fucked up or my shit jacked. they make it seem like 10 motherfuckers with pointy boots and big ass belt buckles are gonna ruin me. stoked this thread is out here with kids who have actually been there. i just wanna ride freight out there but ive NEVER heard anything good about it except for sbd's

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads