Looking to relocate Western Montana?

ELCASCABEL

Reaction score
I've spent quite a bit of time around Kalispell/Whitefish. I don't really know what you're looking for in a place to live, but if you enjoy the wilderness it's a great spot. Although this is fairly obvious, I wouldn't move there if you don't like small towns and winter/snow (although in my opinion, the winters are relatively mild regarding temperature). Basically I think it's a great place to live if you're into outdoor recreation (skiing, fly fishing, kayaking, backpacking, etc.). If not, boredom might become a real issue. Cheers

scatwomb

Reaction score
If you're into looking at pretty pictures of wilderness on the internet and not actually experiencing it, Western MT isn't for you.

If, however, you like being outdoors, in the forests, in the mountains, in the most-beautiful-goddamned-part-of-the-U-S-A, Western MT is for you.

I am currently in Tucson, AZ, but will be moving back to North Idaho in November. I can not wait to get back there.

Make sure to explore the Selway, the Frank, the Bob, Gospell Hump and the Sawtooths. Shit, MT and ID are amazing. Best place in the country.

Reactions: bryanpaul

ipoPua

Reaction score
the fuck is the bob? i'm trying to decide where out west to get my bus ticket for in november and west mont definitely seems like a fair choice

scatwomb

Reaction score
The Bob Marshall Wilderness.
Big_Salmon_Lake.jpg

ipoPua

Reaction score
i know, i like the cold. i'll probably go to wyoming instead though and hope i get the chance to come back for montan

matt owen

Reaction score
Me and my Buddy are in duluth currently We are headed to Kalispell tomorrow morning Dont know if we are hitching or hopping a train yet. We hopped a train in minneapolis to head out west but then we it went onto the north track as we were ridding it... shitt... but the it turned out to be a cool detour got a bed and a shower in duluth its a nice town Im excited to make it to montana

happyearthhomes

Reaction score
Website
groups.yahoo.com
its all to cold for me we were in idaho falls end of march this year tryin ti go through montana and got hit with like 12 feet of snow roads were all closed going into yellowstone had to detour 800miles thru wyoming instead

scatwomb

Reaction score
its all to cold for me we were in idaho falls end of march this year tryin ti go through montana and got hit with like 12 feet of snow roads were all closed going into yellowstone had to detour 800miles thru wyoming instead

Fuck yea. Ha, this is what I love about MT and ID. The forces of nature can still actually make people humble.

I know it's inconvenient, but, hot damn, I love it there!

spoorprint

Reaction score
You're looking to relocate Western Montana? That sounds like a lot of work. What if people don't want to move? Where will you put the mountains?

But seriously... the is a mountain range visible to the south from a little town on the Greyhound route on 90.It looks like you are looking up into the Himalayas. I've been trying to figure out where that was.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads