Looking for a Washboard | Squat the Planet

Looking for a Washboard

roadbike

Reaction score
That I could possibly pack with me. There's a smallish long pouch I have sewn into my bag that I usually keep my knife and some cardboard in (the shit comes in handy sometimes when you're stuck in the middle of no where) that I think I could probably fit a smallish one into. Any suggestions where to look to pick one up?

macks

Ballsy Adventurer
Reaction score
Website
macksemil.wordpress.com
I've seen really small ones in hardware stores sometimes, but they seem really overpriced (15-20$).

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Reaction score

Mogwai

Reaction score
I have seen people with that size of washboard around, and you might luck out finding one at a local antique shop (though it might be pricey). The only other place I've seen one that size is here:

http://www.columbuswashboard.com/products.htm

The mini metal galvanized one is 10 bucks + shipping.

You might be able to find a "lingerie washboard", but even those tend to be a bit bigger than what it sounds you are looking for.

Bendixontherails

Reaction score
and don't overlook those indoor fleamarket type places either. the local one here has both a washboard, and several different sizes of old whisky jugs.

boucaneer

Reaction score
you could make one for size for your own kit bag. if you dont want to wear out your clothes out get a piece of hardernd knobbly glass cut to the size you want. pad the sides out with gaffer tape or melt the sides with a burner or frame fix it.

if you aint to worried about the wear on your clothes then just find some window aluminum window shuttering or somthing with a fixed angle and screw or nail tack it to a frame that is the correct size for your pack.

the good ones are made of hardened knobbly glass though as it is surface friction that realy washes your clothes with a bit of banging.

make one mate.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads