Looking for a Washboard

roadbike

Current Location
Current location: Kingston, ON
That I could possibly pack with me. There's a smallish long pouch I have sewn into my bag that I usually keep my knife and some cardboard in (the shit comes in handy sometimes when you're stuck in the middle of no where) that I think I could probably fit a smallish one into. Any suggestions where to look to pick one up?

Mogwai

Lurker
Current Location
Portland sometimes, Oregon Most Times
I have seen people with that size of washboard around, and you might luck out finding one at a local antique shop (though it might be pricey). The only other place I've seen one that size is here:

http://www.columbuswashboard.com/products.htm

The mini metal galvanized one is 10 bucks + shipping.

You might be able to find a "lingerie washboard", but even those tend to be a bit bigger than what it sounds you are looking for.

and don't overlook those indoor fleamarket type places either. the local one here has both a washboard, and several different sizes of old whisky jugs.

RideMoreTrains

Pilgrim
Current Location
kentucky most of the time
come to a flea market in Kentucky.

you'll find wash boards of every size, shape, price, and anything else you might want. shit i think my brothers got at least 10 hanging up on his walls up at the main house here on the farm.

boucaneer

Current Location
london, england.
you could make one for size for your own kit bag. if you dont want to wear out your clothes out get a piece of hardernd knobbly glass cut to the size you want. pad the sides out with gaffer tape or melt the sides with a burner or frame fix it.

if you aint to worried about the wear on your clothes then just find some window aluminum window shuttering or somthing with a fixed angle and screw or nail tack it to a frame that is the correct size for your pack.

the good ones are made of hardened knobbly glass though as it is surface friction that realy washes your clothes with a bit of banging.

make one mate.