Looking for a Washboard

roadbike

Current Location
Current location: Kingston, ON
That I could possibly pack with me. There's a smallish long pouch I have sewn into my bag that I usually keep my knife and some cardboard in (the shit comes in handy sometimes when you're stuck in the middle of no where) that I think I could probably fit a smallish one into. Any suggestions where to look to pick one up?

Angela

Wandering But Not Lost Yet
Current Location
Housedup

Mogwai

Lurker
Current Location
Portland sometimes, Oregon Most Times
I have seen people with that size of washboard around, and you might luck out finding one at a local antique shop (though it might be pricey). The only other place I've seen one that size is here:

http://www.columbuswashboard.com/products.htm

The mini metal galvanized one is 10 bucks + shipping.

You might be able to find a "lingerie washboard", but even those tend to be a bit bigger than what it sounds you are looking for.

and don't overlook those indoor fleamarket type places either. the local one here has both a washboard, and several different sizes of old whisky jugs.

RideMoreTrains

Pilgrim
Current Location
kentucky most of the time
come to a flea market in Kentucky.

you'll find wash boards of every size, shape, price, and anything else you might want. shit i think my brothers got at least 10 hanging up on his walls up at the main house here on the farm.

boucaneer

Current Location
london, england.
you could make one for size for your own kit bag. if you dont want to wear out your clothes out get a piece of hardernd knobbly glass cut to the size you want. pad the sides out with gaffer tape or melt the sides with a burner or frame fix it.

if you aint to worried about the wear on your clothes then just find some window aluminum window shuttering or somthing with a fixed angle and screw or nail tack it to a frame that is the correct size for your pack.

the good ones are made of hardened knobbly glass though as it is surface friction that realy washes your clothes with a bit of banging.

make one mate.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Support StP!

Donations go towards paying our monthly server fees, adding new features to the website, and occasionally putting a burrito in Matt's mouth.

Total amount
$100.00
Goal
$100.00

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Latest Status Updates

ALmost to Vegas, and I started getting dizzy

I am not made for the ruggedness of traveling all the time

Adieu
My eyes are A okay!!! I guess floaters squiggly lines heat waves flashing lights cloudy and blurred vision are normal...I guess. It's new to me, and realy hard tk.get use to. I have had better than perfact vision my entire life. I still do too, I just have shit in my field of vision somtimes nowadays I guess
Just did my first single handed sailing trip. Video to come if I can figure out how to edit video clips
Guy I met in jail offered a trailer to rent in the nation's #1 city for violent crime per capita.
Nothing sketchy about this.
I'm so excited!!! My first ever down sleeping bag is in the mail, it will be here Friday night!!! Getting rid of this huge bulky 0° synthetic crap will reduce the size f my pack 50%!!! Not to mention pounds... Now if I could only gtfo!!!
Looking to travel soon in about a month any suggestions??
Texas is full of things that can kill me and I don't think that's great.
NOT SO FAST on heading to Chicago. I can tell it's a rough place to start over. I applied for another job in Mpls, and see how that goes in 2 weeks. If they take their time, like I don't have my own, bye. But, I'm going to give them a chance.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Monthly Goals

1. Paying the Bills
    $50.00 of $50.00 - reached!
    The first $50 in donations go towards paying our monthly server fees and adding new features to the website. Once this goal is reached, we'll see about feeding Matt that burrito.
  2. Buy Matt a Beer
    $75.00 of $75.00 - reached!
    Now that we have the bills paid for this month, let's give Matt a hearty thank you by buying him a drink for all the hard work he's done for StP. Hopefully his will help keep him from going insane after a long day of squishing website bugs.
  3. Feed Matt a Burrito
    $100.00 of $100.00 - reached!
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt has a beer in his hand, how about showing him your love by rewarding all his hard work with a big fat burrito to put in his mouth. This will keep him alive while programming new features for the website.
  4. Finance the Shopping Cart
    $100.00 of $200.00
    Now that the bills are paid and Matt is fed, perhaps it's time to start planning for those twilight years under the bridge... if only he had that golden shopping cart all the oogles are bragging about these days.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Threads in last 24 hours
Messages in last 24 hours
Members in last 30 days
Latest member
kmaczka