longest rides ever!!!!!!!!!!

smellsea

Reaction score
oh no some hippies gave me a ride in their big school bus from philly to columbia, missouri. that shit took 3 weeks! i fucking hate hippies in the first place, and i got to sit with them for 3 weeks! what the fuck! never again, don't care how bad i need a ride.

• Haha
Reactions: swellard

coldsteelrail

Reaction score
longest hitching ride with meals included: Hearst, Ontario-Regina, SK, Canada. 2100 kms. The kind of ride that makes you feel like hitchhiking is a great option; fun and easy.
Longest trainride ever, Kamloops BC-Toronto, ON 5 days, 1 train.

Critical Rupture

Reaction score
I think mine is from Wodonga to Coolangatta (Australia), and apparently is around 1400 kms ( http://maps.google.com.au/maps?q=wodonga&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl ). But we got lost in two different cities on the way, so actually took like 30 hours mostly straight driving. On speed.

Though, it's not uncommon for hitchers (friends of mine for example) to get one lift between Perth and Adelaide. Trucker on speed driving it in like 3 days, of course...

To be fair though, I was so close to getting one ride from Winnipeg to Montreal, but the fuckin' trucker slept, and we camped. And fucked off before we got up....

cheeses

Reaction score
i got a ride the kenora to northern quebec it was about three days, we stoped at night to sleep.

train wise, i think four and a half days from kenora to toronto mad junk train, stoped for everything

weshatesnh

Reaction score
520 miles over two days from i believe it was albany, or to santa cruz, ca. hitchin' not freight.

connerR

I'm a d-bag and got banned.
Banned
Reaction score
This last trip on the Overland route. West Colton to Global 3. Can't recall how long it took but it's a few thousand miles. Rode the DPU most of the way.

Tadaa

Reaction score
last summer on my across Canada trip: Winnipeg, Ma to Nelson, BC 1.800 km
this year on my adventure from South to North America : near Punta Arenas, Chile to Linares, Chile wich is 2500km..

Reaction score
slept on the back of his flatbed, and he made us sing songs all night to keep him awake...
the only song we knew that he knew was Country Roads by john denver...

Isn't that the best riding in the back of pickup trucks???

Yew feel all the wind to your face and totally feel as is yew'll fly off the side if it were to turn over (or something similar to)

AmandaLynn

Reaction score
Sioux Falls SD to Cleveland Ohio with a slightly creepy trucker
Minneapolis to Santa Fe NM 1300 miles, the last 500 with 7 people in a 5 seater car, still makes me smile.

Dirty Rig

Reaction score
Greensboro NC to Baltimore Maryland
this kid had a job interview for some youth group in richmond virginia and another one the next day in baltimore, so he drove us to richmond dropped us off, we spent the night and then pick us up the next day and drove us all the way into baltimore! baltimore sucks!

ha i was born in baltimore. and lived in greensboro for 3 years.
and baltimore's pretty cool, as long as you stay away from the harbor. tons of punk-houses and bad-ass music happening every single night. i ate a fuckton of acid last time i was in charm city. good times.

Reaction score
I caught a ride from just outside Roanoke VA to upstate Pennsylvania with a woman who was on her way to see her dying mother. She drank beer the entire way, talking about how much money she was going to inherit once her mother passed. She made a few passes at me that I refused, then bought me a few donuts and a pack of cigarettes. I went to hug her goodbye - it was a long ride after all - and she actually grabbed my ass! She asked me again if I was sure that I didn't want to 'have some fun before I go.' I said no thanks and slept under the overpass bridge.

FawnDroke

Reaction score
Last thumbing trip I went on we got a ride from Ashland, Oregon to just outside of Sacramento, California. The woman who picked us up was traveling in a camper thing with her dog and baby. She made us the best damn grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had in my life and she gave us 20 bucks at the end of the ride. That was fuckin sweet.

But I ended up getting bit by a spider during the night because we were sleeping in a bunch of dead leaves and I swelled up like a troll in the morning. Then we got stuck at this spot for a good six hours. That was not sweet.

MxEx

Reaction score
oklahoma city to knoxville tenn. White christian college student with no one else in the car. Pretty crazy.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Latest Library Uploads