LETS TALK ABOUT RAPE! | Page 4 | Squat the Planet

LETS TALK ABOUT RAPE!

benton

Reaction score
I've only read the original post thus far.

I like the attitude of the original poster.

The longer that I live, the more and more I recognize just how much of human behavior is predatory in nature. I've got my ideas about where this comes from, but that's for another thread.

It seems to me that the OP has the mindset to rise above.

Pokebert

Spiritual Nomad
Reaction score
Website
reddit.com
I saw the shitstorm that was this thread and thought I’d pop in again having been on the road, as a nonbinary person that presents androgynous (note that I’m bio-male and therefore often get interpreted as a gay man):

I was sexually harassed/assaulted by a driver and honestly froze when it happened. The best way to avoid it is to listen to your gut, but if you find yourself in a situation like that be ready to fight.
It can happen if you’re a man or a woman or anything in between... FROM a man or a woman or anything in between. I’ve known plenty of women that have been raped or sexually assaulted as well as men. Don’t ever assume that it can’t happen to you.

Stand up for those on the road who have faced sexual harassment or assault. Do not EVER treat them badly because “they were asking for it” or “they shouldn’t have taken the ride if they felt sketched out” or “well they’re a man so they should’ve liked it/they should’ve fought back”.

About us

• Squat the Planet is the world's largest social network for misfit travelers. Join our community of do-it-yourself nomads and learn how to explore the world by any means necessary.

More Info

Help us pay the bills!

Total amount
$10.00
Goal
$100.00

Latest Library Uploads